Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema at combine w Patriots

Started by twistitup, March 04, 2018, 06:24:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

March 04, 2018, 06:24:47 am Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:50:51 am by twistitup
Doesn't have a job on the staff 'yet'...but he did go to the combine w the Patriots organization.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/09631c0e-9653-3d3e-875d-460451c13c27/ss_ex-arkansas-head-coach-bret.html
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jgphillips3

Good.  Maybe he can destroy them too.  Kind of like HDN going to Ole Miss, then suing them and starting their fall.

Ā 

greenEGnHAWGS

Belichick has said that he likes Bielema. Maybe this is his next opportunity. Hope he gets it and learns some stuff then gets back in the game. I'm glad he's gone, but I hope he lands in his feet again.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: twistitup on March 04, 2018, 06:24:47 am
Doesn't have a job on the staff 'yet'...but he did go to the combine w the Patriots organization.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/09631c0e-9653-3d3e-875d-460451c13c27/ss_ex-arkansas-head-coach-bret.html

Is he going to help them recognize big and slow?

jkstock04

lol boy those comments are brutal.

I'll say this, if Bielema ends up coaching on the Patriots staff I'll have egg on my face cause I said these rumors were BS.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

housecat

Your post was moved to Trash because it involved a post about Bielema, who is no longer our HC.

okrazorback

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 04, 2018, 08:22:30 am
Good.  Maybe he can destroy them too.  Kind of like HDN going to Ole Miss, then suing them and starting their fall.

As I understood he sued them for being blamed for something he didn't do.

jgphillips3

Quote from: okrazorback on March 04, 2018, 10:25:30 am
As I understood he sued them for being blamed for something he didn't do.

He initiated the suit that brought down cheater U whether he meant to or not and whether he did anything or not.  That's what I'm talking about.

Buff

Maybe they want his expertise in talent evaluation.......

Couldn't type that with a straight face.

hoglady

Bielema is probably a pretty good coach when he's not running the show.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rude1

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 04, 2018, 09:13:38 am
lol boy those comments are brutal.

I'll say this, if Bielema ends up coaching on the Patriots staff I'll have egg on my face cause I said these rumors were BS.
Gotta remember, they can get him cheap, Arkansas is already paying for it!!!!!

AHiD

Belichick runs bend but don't break, the Patriots are just really good at it. He could be replacing the LB coach who's getting promoted to DC
My name...is Jerruh

Cure

Bielema can't evaluate talent now? Belichick doesn't have a clue.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Ā 

AirWarren

Good for coach B. Hope he find a good job, loses some weight, gains some fire back, and gets back to life after Arkansas.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 04, 2018, 10:35:16 am
He initiated the suit that brought down cheater U whether he meant to or not and whether he did anything or not.  That's what I'm talking about.

Hooten can hire his high powered attorney out of LR or whoever, he can dig up and hire Johnnie Cochran, but it is FACT that Chris Vaughan lost his job at Texas on Strong's staff due to violations he was charged by the NCAA with from Hooty's time at OM.

Why does that matter? Chris Vaughan played for Hooten at Murray and coached for him on every staff he assembled. In other words, Vaughan was a vital part of the infamous Murray State Mafia..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hoglady on March 04, 2018, 11:05:04 am

I would tend to agree with this. As long as he has adult supervision like Belichick, Bill Snyder or Barry Alvarez, he can probably do fine as an assistant. He was hired by Snyder at K State to be DC, then Alvarez for the same job at Wisconsin before becoming HC, so he does have credentials as a coach.

However, if he ever lets his alligator mouth get the best of him as he so often does, Belichick would Malcolm Butler him in a heartbeat. Coaches, players, everyone in that organization is expected to toe the line, be tight lipped and do things the "Patriot Way."

I just don't know if he can do that for long. I sure can't see him standing on the sidelines with that Beavis & Butthead look, scratching his head over a disaster that just happened and not getting booted from the sideline.

I doubt if that Army Surplus tent made into a windbreaker with his initials on it makes a comeback either. There is only 1 BB in NE that matters..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Dr. Starcs

Rumors that Bo Mattingly's "Being Bill Belichik's Coffee Boy" is in the works.

thebignasty

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 04, 2018, 02:15:03 pm

take your +1
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

welchog

$11M+ for the crappy production we got and you guys wish him well???

You're probably the same guys that want to name the floor at BWA after Crawling Eddie instead of Nolan Richardson who deserves it.

Dark Helmet Hog

Rumors that Bo Mattingly’s “Being Bill Belichik’s Coffee Boy” is in the works.

Nice.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: welchog on March 04, 2018, 02:39:19 pm

You're probably the same guys that want to name the floor at BWA after Crawling Eddie instead of Nolan Richardson who deserves it.

Naw, Some of us just choose not to go through life with such bitterness. Since you mentioned it, I don't seem to recall Eddie ever suing the UofA? FWIW, I'm all in favor of putting Nolan's name on the court. But that's for Jump Ball.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

welchog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 04, 2018, 03:14:22 pm

Naw, Some of us just choose not to go through life with such bitterness. Since you mentioned it, I don't seem to recall Eddie ever suing the UofA?

For taking the UK job?  NR got canned for standing up for his race.  He then did the only thing he could to make his voice heard... and STILL makes Fayetteville his home.

In this particular case, it really was not about the money.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: welchog on March 04, 2018, 03:21:56 pm
For taking the UK job?  NR got canned for standing up for his race.  He then did the only thing he could to make his voice heard... and STILL makes Fayetteville his home.

Nolan was fired for saying "If they go ahead and pay me my money, they can take this job tomorrow." But again, that subject is for Jump Ball.

welchog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 04, 2018, 03:24:38 pm
Nolan was fired for saying "If they go ahead and pay me my money, they can take this job tomorrow." But again, that subject is for Jump Ball.
That's really not what started it, just the justification.  There could have been a pause for clarity and not a rush for judgement.  I was guilty of it too.  After the years to reflect, it was Fabus all over again, just no Eisenhower to step in.

Ā 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: welchog on March 04, 2018, 03:35:02 pm
That's really not what started it, just the justification.  There could have been a pause for clarity and not a rush for judgement.  I was guilty of it too.  After the years to reflect, it was Fabus all over again, just no Eisenhower to step in.

Still no cause to wish ill-will on  CBB.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 04, 2018, 03:14:22 pm

Naw, Some of us just choose not to go through life with such bitterness. Since you mentioned it, I don't seem to recall Eddie ever suing the UofA? FWIW, I'm all in favor of putting Nolan's name on the court. But that's for Jump Ball.

Right.  As I just stated in another thread.  Some of these Beliema haters need to realize he's gone. . .let it go.  Sheesh!

Oh, and I've not actually heard anyone calling for it to be Eddie Sutton anything anywhere at UofA.  This is news to me.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 04, 2018, 03:40:07 pm
Right.  As I just stated in another thread.  Some of these Beliema haters need to realize he's gone. . .let it go.  Sheesh!

Oh, and I've not actually heard anyone calling for it to be Eddie Sutton anything anywhere at UofA.  This is news to me.

Same here.

welchog

Heard it during the OSU game on the air.  TV not radio.

Announcer said the idea was batted around.

Oklahawg

yup.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ā€• Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  ā€“ Yogi Berra

welchog

So when he HAS to work, he produces.

So he now has $11M+ reasons to never have to work.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: welchog on March 04, 2018, 04:19:13 pm

He didn't perform and was fired. All he did was accept the buy-out terms of his contract. Nothing illegal or immoral about that. Don't act like you wouldn't have done so, as well.
I believe he has to actively seek employment.

jkstock04

So completely ignore and forget all the BS that has been bellowed from the mountain tops about how awesome everything was going the past 5 years?

Seems pretty convienent for certain people.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Its my opinion that you could put either one of those coaches names on the basketball court and not be wrong.  Both these coaches need recognition concerning Arkansas Basketball and it needs to be done while both are still alive.  How about Eddie Sutton Court at the house that Nolen Richardson made famous.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Well 2 things IMO.

1. It saves us money if he gets another job.

2. CBB took a chance. Not a lot of P5 HC with the record he had at Wisconsin would make the jump he did to here. I will always respect him for believing in what Arkansas can be. Unfortunately, he wasn't the guy to can get it done here.

It is what it is.

birmingHAMette

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 04, 2018, 08:25:09 am
Belichick has said that he likes Bielema. Maybe this is his next opportunity. Hope he gets it and learns some stuff then gets back in the game. I'm glad he's gone, but I hope he lands in his feet again.

With the money he got paid I'd say he's already landed on his feet.
Go Hogs

JIHawg

They say he got a brand new pair of flipflops for the occasion.

welchog

Quote from: 12247 on March 04, 2018, 05:20:19 pm
Its my opinion that you could put either one of those coaches names on the basketball court and not be wrong.  Both these coaches need recognition concerning Arkansas Basketball and it needs to be done while both are still alive.  How about Eddie Sutton Court at the house that Nolen Richardson made famous.

I grew up in the ES era and idolized Sir Sid, but ES did not have near the longevity at Arkansas let alone the FFs, championship games, NCs, or All-American or All-Conf players that Nolan had.  This is not even close.

wildhogman

Quote from: welchog on March 04, 2018, 06:43:09 pm
I grew up in the ES era and idolized Sir Sid, but ES did not have near the longevity at Arkansas let alone the FFs, championship games, NCs, or All-American or All-Conf players that Nolan had.  This is not even close.
You'll have to refresh my memory on this as I remember the ES era, but not all the details.  How was the team, facilties and such when Sutton became coach? Mostly I remember his original triplets. Also US Reed's "shot" at the buzzer. 
I recall Nolan struggling his first years because none of ES players could run Nolan's system. But once Nolan got his style of player they was off and running.  Remember the first NCAA (I think it was the first). We played Loyla and all the announcer on the radio at work talked about was how they would run us off the court. The whole first 35 minutes he kept harping on how fatigue would play a factor any second. The truth is, layola was the team fatigued. We ran them off the court. Unfortunately we had nothing left the next game.  But Nolan learned and the next year we made sweet 16.  But when Nolan took over, the barn was a feared place to play even before 40 minutes of hell.  the fans students and band made sure of that

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 04, 2018, 04:52:42 pm
So completely ignore and forget all the BS that has been bellowed from the mountain tops about how awesome everything was going the past 5 years?

Seems pretty convienent for certain people.

Soooo, getting on a message board and Xitching about it all the time is accomplishing what exactly?
And who is in convenient for?  What are you talking about? 

I just think it would be nice to get on here and read about the new coach and the direction he is taking the team without unrealistic expectations about him winning 8 games next year.  I mean, he MIGHT do it, but we can't know that.  And it's unrealistic to expect it.  Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride.  I'm very interested to see what happens, myself.  And unproved P5 coach with a strong pedigree.  Sounds like it could be great or sounds like it could be a bust.  We just don't know.  Won't really know until September, right? 

And everything that can possibly be said about the previous coach, lies and all, have already been said.  He's gone.  Who cares?  Let's all move on. . .together.

twistitup

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 04, 2018, 10:59:33 pm

And everything that can possibly be said about the previous coach, lies and all, have already been said.  He's gone.  Who cares?  Let's all move on. . .together.

Lies and all?

What happened at the Apt stays at the Apt
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

MultipleScoreGasms

That's not why Nolan got fired, although he did play the race card.

Athog

Quote from: Buff on March 04, 2018, 10:57:35 am
Maybe they want his expertise in talent evaluation.......

Couldn't type that with a straight face.

So are you saying the members we have on the team now that will play next year have no talent.. ? Stupid comment

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

LoL..! HDN is an example of a prideful country boy who cared more about his own opinion of himself and what he thought other people thought of him. You combine that with having more money than he ever thought he would need and a few thousand Southern Baptist sermons, then you get exactly what Ole Miss got... The TRUTH comes out....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Mjs84

Jimmy kimmel should pay more attention to you.

Mjs84

I'm sorry, did that 11 million belong to you?

Mjs84

Lol, we're you alive when Nolan was fired?  You may want to ask an older member about the events as they took place.  Lol..

welchog

Quote from: Mjs84 on March 05, 2018, 07:11:12 am
Lol, we're you alive when Nolan was fired?  You may want to ask an older member about the events as they took place.  Lol..
I was in my 30s when he got canned.  I remember it well and as I said above, I was in the crowd that wanted him gone.  I realized about ten or so years ago how wrong I and everyone else was.  Not because of the abyss we fell in, but how truly ignorant we were.  He put up with a lot and it finally exploded.  JFB did not want to deal with it or was kept from doing so and the rest is history.

ES tried to use us as a stepping stone.  NR still lives in Fayetteville and loves the Hogs.  No comparison.

AirWarren

hogcards

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 04, 2018, 08:25:09 am

I wouldn't worry about him "landing on his feet" per se'.  He's set for life.  I hope he straightens his health out and raises a good, happy and healthy family.

Other than that, he can go scratch his own fat a%&.

That's all.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hoglady

Quote from: welchog on March 04, 2018, 04:19:13 pm

No - has nothing to do with working or how hard you work.
Bielema is probably better suited to be a DC or position coach.
I know he had success at Wisconsin - but Wisky is still Alvarez' program.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality