Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (11-5, 1-3) vs Missouri (12-4, 2-1)

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 13, 2018, 04:19:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Knot2brite

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2018, 06:02:20 pm
Where is all the complaining about the ft disparity? 18 to 3 just cant happen if its being called fairly.

Thought the hogs had better intensity most of the half.
Honestly the officials have no called or just not called several fouls against the Hogs
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hoglady

This team passed the ball well throughout most of the non-conference schedule.
But it's not just on the guy with the ball - we aren't moving well without the ball.
The only player doing that very well is Hall.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Letsroll1200

From Tusk Till Dawn

If we play team basketball, with lots of ball movement, and pressure we are tough to beat.  At some point, feels like we just get complacent (maybe tired) start isolating and forcing dumb shots and it all goes sideways.  The last several mins looked like an entirely different team

TheRazorback500

Both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde made appearances in the first half. Barford's kind of a ball hog.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

beachhog

hogsanity

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 13, 2018, 06:04:40 pm
Honestly the officials have no called or just not called several fouls against the Hogs

Its been called fine. Mizzu fouling alot on plays around the rim and settling for 3's on their e end. Thats how FT spreads happen.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BannerMountainMan

Where did the 400+ posts before halftime go seems like a lot of people aren't on here tonight?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

beachhog

This team is not on the same page.  Seniors need to lead and put the TEAM first. 

Wild Bill Hog

Think we still win, but wow are we making it tough on ourselves.

beachhog

Hawgphish

Quote from: beachhog on January 13, 2018, 06:08:22 pm
This team is not on the same page.  Seniors need to lead and put the TEAM first.
It does seem like at times, when Barford, Macon, or Beard get the ball then doggone they are going to shoot it.

HamIAm

Quote from: elksnort on January 13, 2018, 06:04:39 pm
thinking the same thing. What's our free throw percentage?

52.9%
No one is shooting better than 50% except Gafford who is 2 for 2.  Wait, what did I just say?

Hawgphish

I'll take a 7 point lead at half after dropping 3 in a row.  Go hogs!

elksnort

LumberBacks

Quote from: TebowHater on January 13, 2018, 06:00:17 pm
Sad. That was an ugly final 8 minutes. Crowd (justifiably) totally out of it.
Unless Arkansas gets on a 3-pt roll or they begin to take high % shots, this is going to be another "L".   Almost no rotation with the ball.  Whoever brings it up the court is often taking a 3 attempt or driving.

After a cold first 10 minutes, Mizzou is starting to get on track and has closed out the half such that they don't have to keep firing 3s.  They made 5 or their last 7  3 pt attempts.  The Hogs D is awful at defending the 3, and Mizzou is simply passing 8-12 times per possession until they catch the Hogs in a mismatch or ... more commonly .. a no match.  So frustrating watching this brand of basketball for so long.   

Hawgphish

beachhog

HamIAm

Quote from: LumberBacks on January 13, 2018, 06:11:19 pm
Unless Arkansas gets on a 3-pt roll or they begin to take high % shots, this is going to be another "L".   Almost no rotation with the ball.  Whoever brings it up the court is often taking a 3 attempt or driving.

AFter a cold first 10 minutes, Mizzou is starting to get on track and has closed out the half such that they don't have to keep firing 3s.  They made 5 or their last 7  3 pt attempts.  The Hogs D is awful at defending the 3, and Mizzou is simply passing 8-12 times per possession until they catch the Hogs in a mismatch or ... more commonly .. a no match.  So frustrating watching this brand of basketball for so long.   

Mizzou has used 8 players to our 10.  Hopefully that combined with our defense tires them enough that they miss a lot in the last 10 minutes

From Tusk Till Dawn

I honestly thought the game was over and that Mizzou was not good regardless of record.  Then they settled down, spread us out, and boom within 5

beachhog

If we had a true PG and a shooting PF, our offense would cover a lot of defense mistakes.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

A halftime report that says nothing about the current game. What kinda crap was that?!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

elksnort

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 13, 2018, 06:15:45 pm
A halftime report that says nothing about the current game. What kinda crap was that?!

Those gold painted people or whatever they were kinda creeps me.

ishankem

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 13, 2018, 06:08:07 pm
Where did the 400+ posts before halftime go seems like a lot of people aren't on here tonight?

Early game plus being on a Saturday night probably accounts for part of it.  Realistically, some people are through investing the time and emotion until they feel like it's a worthwhile event.  Not saying it's right, just suggesting it as a possibility.

elksnort

Quote from: beachhog on January 13, 2018, 06:15:20 pm
If we had a true PG and a shooting PF, our offense would cover a lot of defense mistakes.

maybe in seven more years Mike will get this

Hawgphish

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 13, 2018, 06:08:07 pm
They are at the game, unlike us unfortunate saps

THUNDER!

LumberBacks

Quote from: HamIAm on January 13, 2018, 06:13:53 pm
Mizzou has used 8 players to our 10.  Hopefully that combined with our defense tires them enough that they miss a lot in the last 10 minutes
Hogs lack of ball rotation on offense allows Mizzou to rest.  Just watch what happens when the Hogs have the ball. Mizzou really doesn't have to move that much because they aren't chasing the ball or player.  Then watch Mizzou on offense.  They pass, pass, pass and Hogs are constantly chasing.  The Hogs are going to be worn our before Mizzou.  CMA's brand has never emphasized ball movement and it's bewildering. 

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

TebowHater

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on January 13, 2018, 06:18:53 pm
They are at the game, unlike us unfortunate saps

I think the comment was in reference to a lack of the negative posters compared to last game.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: TebowHater on January 13, 2018, 06:20:36 pm
I think the comment was in reference to a lack of the negative posters compared to last game.
I am sure your right

THUNDER!

Cornfed Pig

lol that call on Hall is the difference between the game now, and the exciting entertainment it used to be

beachhog

we don't have to switch every time.  we create an advantage mismatch for the other team.

Razorbacks#1

43-31 Hogs
TO@ 15:59

Appears to be because of wires hanging down from the backboard

THUNDER!

TuCanSam

"SMILE!!!!"
-John L. SMith

HamIAm

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 13, 2018, 06:17:00 pm
Early game plus being on a Saturday night probably accounts for part of it.  Realistically, some people are through investing the time and emotion until they feel like it's a worthwhile event.  Not saying it's right, just suggesting it as a possibility.
or people only get on here when we are losing
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

beachhog

Glad to be on here.  I had to rant a little after halftime.   ;D

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HamIAm