Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Settle on a color

Started by Hawgphish, November 19, 2017, 05:46:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

We seem to be in a transition phase and all things are fair game so why can't we only license clothing that are the same color of red?   I have a closet full of stuff that range from dark maroon to bright red.  What shade do we want to be? 

Cambridge Hog

seems like the red today has a little more maroon tone to it.

go back to the color when DMAC was here.

Hawgphish

I like that too.  Everything is so dark now. 

The_Iceman

November 19, 2017, 06:10:12 am #3 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:37:05 am by The_Iceman
It all depends on the lighting and filter on the picture.

Hawgphish

It is the fan gear that has so much contrast.  My point is why dont the university only license stuff that is the same color?

Pigasaurus

You see the same difference in shading on T-A&M and MST jerseys -spit.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

FANONTHEHILL

The official color for the Razorbacks Cardinal color using the Pantone Matching System #201.  It is supposed to be used on all printed materials and by any company that sells licensed merchandise.  I got the number from my sister in law that works in fundraising so I could have a wall in our game room done in the correct color.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Wooderson

Material is a huge factor with how the color looks.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Wooderson on November 19, 2017, 06:33:17 am
Material is a huge factor with how the color looks.

Exactly.  Lighting and difference in material can make the "same" color look different - especially on a computer or TV screen.  Remember that we are now using jerseys with the "dry fit" type of material, which we were not during DMac's time on campus.

Color looks right to me.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 19, 2017, 06:14:42 am
It is the fan gear that has so much contrast.  My point is why dont the university only license stuff that is the same color?

Why does it matter? Only buy the colors you like.

East Clintwood

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 19, 2017, 12:38:12 pm
Why does it matter? Only buy the colors you like.

I haven't bought anything yet.  I'm waiting for blue and yellow.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

JONAS

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 19, 2017, 05:46:00 am
We seem to be in a transition phase and all things are fair game so why can't we only license clothing that are the same color of red?   I have a closet full of stuff that range from dark maroon to bright red.  What shade do we want to be?

Before Hugo Bezdek made his famous post LSU game speech in 1909, Arkansas' athletic teams were known as The Cardinal, not cardinals plural like the bird but cardinal singular the color, just like Stanford.

True cardinal red is Pantone 200.  Officially today Arkansas uses the almost indistinguishable Pantone 201.  Either will work.

NuttinItUp

November 19, 2017, 01:19:00 pm #13 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:38:49 pm by NuttinItUp

texas tush hog

November 19, 2017, 01:21:10 pm #14 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:46:30 pm by texas tush hog
Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 19, 2017, 01:17:58 pm
Before Hugo Bezdek made his famous post LSU game speech in 1909, Arkansas' athletic teams were known as The Cardinal, not cardinals plural like the bird but cardinal singular the color, just like Stanford.

True cardinal red is Pantone 200.  Officially today Arkansas uses the almost indistinguishable Pantone 201.  Either will work.

And here I thought it was anthracite this whole year.

Hoggish1

How bout we tell Nike what we want instead of other way?

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 19, 2017, 01:21:55 pm
How bout we tell Nike what we want instead of other way?

But Nike are the geniuses that gave us the Red Wolf Hog logo.

Inhogswetrust

Good grief. With all the other stuff going on and will be going soon this is what you want to discuss.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

BoynamedWooPigSooie

PMS 201 is the official shade.

Anything that is not PMS 201 should immediately be thrown out of any licensing agreement and that company should be censured and put on a licensing probation of sorts and if they continue to propose non PMS 201 products lock them out of any licensing deals.

Peepaw ain't running the show anymore, take some pride in your university and it's branding standards.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

SPAL

BOAR_N2BWILD

I thought it was anthracite.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

PorcineSublime

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 19, 2017, 04:42:29 pm
Isn't it 201? I could be wrong.
I think it was one and then a couple of years ago we switched to other. Not sure whether we were 201 and now 202 or vice versa.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Squints Pallaboarus

Just peruse the colors of the Razorback clothes the next time you're in Walmart... or the website. If Walmart gear doesn't have one color, we never will.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=4125_1063984_1063985_1063986&facet=facet_product_type%3AT-Shirts&grid=true&query=arkansas+razorbacks+clothing&typeahead=arkansas+raz#searchProductResult

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 19, 2017, 04:42:29 pm
Isn't it 201? I could be wrong.
You are correct. My keyboard skills are questionable. Thanks, but I think the actusl tone filps between the two.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

cosmodrum

DMac era colors are absolutely more maroon than today. Pull out an Adidas shirt from that time and a Nike shirt now.
Go away, batin'

DocHogliday

I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

code red

Idc if they wear all black start winning
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HogPharmer

Anthracite seems to be pretty consistent.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

W00PIGS000IE

Quote from: PorcineSublime on November 19, 2017, 04:48:06 pm
I think it was one and then a couple of years ago we switched to other. Not sure whether we were 201 and now 202 or vice versa.

We went from Pantone 200 to Pantone 202C during the Mike Waddel era, now according to the official style guides the official color is Pantone 201.  It's become 50 shades of cardinal every time you go to a game.

Deeznutts

I would like to settle on a team that doesn't get it's ass beat every week. Color? Are you kidding me????

BOAR_N2BWILD

I hated the Mississippi State maroon that the UofA had back in the late 80s.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

go hogues

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 19, 2017, 08:37:15 pm
I hated the Mississippi State maroon that the UofA had back in the late 80s.
Those '64 throwback jerseys that everyone raved about a few years ago were every bit as maroon as MSU.

The Pantone thing was another one of Jeff's tasks but I'm not sure it really made any difference. The red tones are wildly different even actoss our own programs, much less the fan gear.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Deeznutts on November 19, 2017, 08:35:14 pm
I would like to settle on a team that doesn't get it's ass beat every week. Color? Are you kidding me????

Hey now, color is important.

hawaiianhogster

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 19, 2017, 01:17:58 pm

They were the Cardinals...according to the UofA website.
https://www.uark.edu/athletics/traditions.php
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

J-Five

"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Craig O Squeal

While we're nitpicking everything until the coaching search actually begins...maybe the UA could address a way to make the hog at midfield more vibrant during night games. When there is a night game on TV, the black and the red seem to get muddy and it's hard to discern between the two colors. Take a look at a day game versus a night game. I sent screengrabs to Jeff Long once and he kind of dismissed it as I needed a new prescription.

The_Iceman

Looks like the right color to me:

RazorBird

As a hog fan living in Sooner country, the colors seem more and more indistiguishable...this explains why...

From their respective team marketing sites, they all use PMS 201.  Here are the official color codes:

Boardon Hamsay

We should finally go ahead and make the War Damn mockingbird unis happen.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Russ22

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 19, 2017, 06:27:02 am
The official color for the Razorbacks Cardinal color using the Pantone Matching System #201.  It is supposed to be used on all printed materials and by any company that sells licensed merchandise.  I got the number from my sister in law that works in fundraising so I could have a wall in our game room done in the correct color.
https://styleguides.uark.edu/graphic-identity/official-colors.php
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Cotton

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 20, 2017, 12:53:47 am
I prefer dark red
Same. Hides the blood as we bleed out in the second half of every game.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

FTR - the 06-07 Adidas Uni with the giant ARKANSAS on the front is my favorite.

I prefer Adidas over Nike. Just my .02
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Athog

I agree! That is very frustrating to not have a color.

Hogs-n-Roses

The Old razorback red and for all that's good and holy bring back those pants AND ELIMINATE THOSE BLASTED TUSKS!

1highhog

3of5-2

The Russell brand that you find in Walmart is made over seas. They use the same color for Arkansas, A&M, and Miss St. It's cheaper for them and the licensing company gives them a pass because they'er Walmart. They carry the Gildan brand also, and that is the correct color.

zerose

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 19, 2017, 01:19:00 pm

I saw something like this the other day except it was the Texas flag superimposed. I threw up a little in mouth.
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.