Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing to be Gained by Firing him Tomorrow

Started by WilsonHog, November 18, 2017, 03:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Five or six days aren't going to make any difference. Let him finish what he started, and let our seniors go out with the coach who recruited them.

BadHog

And I'm sure the players don't want or need that. They will be here next year. Would be nice that they get a win at the end.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

247Hog

100% agree.

He's gone. Show a tiny bit of class and let him leave with the seniors.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

apcapri

247Hog

Quote from: BadHog on November 18, 2017, 03:16:24 pm
And I'm sure the players don't want or need that. They will be here next year. Would be nice that they get a win at the end.

Exactly...nothing to gain by cutting him tomorrow.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogz11 on November 18, 2017, 03:17:58 pm
Bielema is an embarrassment and doesn't deserve to finish anything.

Even if he doesn't, our players (especially our seniors) do.

Pork Ranger

Depends on the collective feeling no the players have about him. Sometimes I think we have a better shot at winning without him

Pork Ranger

So, has anyone figured out the buyout and when the more financially smart time would be to fire him is?

The Hawg Marshal

We don't owe Bret anything, but we do owe it to the seniors. Let him finish it.

hog of steele

Firing him now is just spiteful. It also sends a message to potential hires that we will pull the plug on you. 5 years is enough time to build a program. 5 years is up in 6 days.

Großer Kriegschwein

There's nothing to be gained from eating a tasty burger, aside from making me feel better.
This is my non-signature signature.

rzrbackramsfan

I think we get a headstart on the new coach by firing today.

hog of steele

Pork Ranger

Well can we make him coach from the box at least?

zebradynasty

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 18, 2017, 03:20:02 pm
Even if he doesn't, our players (especially our seniors) do.

Agreed! I know the HC gets all the blame firing him right now and letting some of those assistants stay...BB is bad but not by himself! Lot of the stuff I see as far as bad techniques and poor position that's on the Assistants! Obviously, the players care for the coach as a person because most of them have not shut down.

Marshfieldhog

This. CBB is low IQ. That 4th down call killed the players chances for a win

hog of steele

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 18, 2017, 03:27:46 pm

Only if you think our AD is a complete moron. There is nothing stopping her from making calls today.

247Hog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 18, 2017, 03:27:17 pm
There's nothing to be gained from eating a tasty burger, aside from making me feel better.

Might make you feel better short term but you know that burger will be bad on you later in the day.

WilsonHog

Won't give us any advantage at all. We can still talk through agents this week while letting the season end.

zebradynasty

Only IF the coach we want is NOT coaching right now. Otherwise, it would be a crappy move for a coach negotiate for the job while still coaching their current team. BP was criticized heavily for doing that.

Drop the Mike

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 18, 2017, 03:14:12 pm
Five or six days aren't going to make any difference. Let him finish what he started, and let our seniors go out with the coach who recruited them.

I disagree. By firing him now you send a message to your fan base that this isn't acceptable anymore. I also feel that there are a lot of apathetic fans that would show up Friday if they new a change was made. Might even see our coordinators call a different game without Bert. Couldn't be any worse

hoglady

Well - if he's there I hope attendance will be better.

I think more fans would show up if he wasn't there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hog of steele

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 18, 2017, 03:32:27 pm
I disagree. By firing him now you send a message to your fan base that this isn't acceptable anymore. I also feel that there are a lot of apathetic fans that would show up Friday if they new a change was made. Might even see our coordinators call a different game without Bert. Couldn't be any worse

Couldn't be worse? I think you forgot that cotton bowl we played against Missouri. It can be a lot worse. Firing the coach today is just spiteful.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 18, 2017, 03:31:14 pm
Only IF the coach we want is NOT coaching right now. Otherwise, it would be a crappy move for a coach negotiate for the job while still coaching their current team. BP was criticized heavily for doing that.

Whatever, I simply don't want another "interim" aka "JohnL"....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

King Kong

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 18, 2017, 03:34:53 pm
Whatever, I simply don’t want another “interim” aka “JohnL”....

But the players wanted him.  Are you not for the players?

OtterHog

Hard not to agree with this. Not sure he deserves the privilege of leading us onto the field again.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: hog of steele on November 18, 2017, 03:34:42 pm
Couldn't be worse? I think you forgot that cotton bowl we played against Missouri. It can be a lot worse. Firing the coach today is just spiteful.

Playing football is about winning.  Bert isn't winning and should be fired.  That's not spiteful at all, that's business.

hog of steele

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on November 18, 2017, 03:37:20 pm
Playing football is about winning.  Bert isn't winning and should be fired.  That's not spiteful at all, that's business.

Firing him makes it no more likely that we win in 6 days. Winning won't change anything for him. He just hasn't worked out. We should fire him at the end of the season. That is the normal time for firing. Firing him in season is what you do if he has behaved immorally.

The Hawg Marshal

The Hawg Marshal

Dr. Starcs

We all know how you feel about coaching changes  "drop the mike".

The Pulse

The SEC has already fired 3 coaches this year. All with better records than Bielema. No one will bat an eye... Hell, the media and everyone else is expecting it at this point.

I think we do have things to gain by firing him. BB has fractured and split this fan base. He commented post game on if a bigger crowd could’ve made a difference: “I don’t know. You’d have to ask the guys.”

I could see fans rally around the players for the final game. People are through with Bielema.

rude1

I was expecting a total let down but the kids haven't quit despite having him as a handicap going into each game, let him honor  the seniors and coach the last game. .

TexArkHogFan

If the decision has already been made, nothing will happen until after the Iron Bowl anyway.  Sit back and enjoy the basketball tournament this weekend and before you know it next Monday will be here.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Drop the Mike

Quote from: hog of steele on November 18, 2017, 03:34:42 pm

I think you have forgotton that was a 8-4 team that had just beat the #1 team on the road. This team couldn't hold that teams jock strap. Yes, I will say again it couldn't be worse Friday if you fired bielema today

Drop the Mike

SooieGeneris

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 18, 2017, 03:24:09 pm
So, has anyone figured out the buyout and when the more financially smart time would be to fire him is?

Could we reassign him to cleaning the toilets in the complex until Jan. 1 if that is when his buyout drops? Give him the linemen's stalls..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: The Pulse on November 18, 2017, 03:43:07 pm
The SEC has already fired 3 coaches this year. All with better records than Bielema. No one will bat an eye... Hell, the media and everyone else is expecting it at this point.

I think we do have things to gain by firing him. BB has fractured and split this fan base. He commented post game on if a bigger crowd could've made a difference: "I don't know. You'd have to ask the guys."

I could see fans rally around the players for the final game. People are through with Bielema.

Butch Jones had 9 win seasons back to back coming into this season, Bert's best was 8. 3 in 2013, 7 in '14, 8 in '15, 7 again in '16, should have been 9 or 10, then this 4 win stink bomb..

I can see doing it now, I can see waiting until next Friday night or Sat. morning. Just get Butter Bean outta here!
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Count De Money

The season is about over.  Stick a fork in it after misery game and have visions if sugarplums & SEC championships dance in our heads.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 18, 2017, 03:27:17 pm

In the short term. But it adds a notch on your belt which makes you feel worse in the long term.

Deep Shoat

And you send a message to your players that no one gives a damn about them. 

Why is this so hard to understand?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pecos Hog

At this point, he done and he knows it.    Get it over with!   Stop him from doing any more damage.   Let the healing begin.   

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The Pulse on November 18, 2017, 03:43:07 pm

I think we do have things to gain by firing him. BB has fractured and split this fan base. He commented post game on if a bigger crowd could've made a difference: "I don't know. You'd have to ask the guys."

Bull shart.

Our fans will skip out because they don't want to watch us lose.  This isn't about the coach, it's about the fragile egos of the segment of the fanbase who build their sense of identity on winning and losing.

Nothing is gained except by Mizzou and a few "me" fans who don't like the coach.

He's gone after the Mizzou game, at some point when it makes sense.  Patience and honoring our Sr's, Bret's Sr's, is what's called for.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 18, 2017, 04:23:54 pm
At this point, he done and he knows it.    Get it over with!   Stop him from doing any more damage.   Let the healing begin.
Exactly what damage could he do?  Lose a game? 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 04:26:57 pm
Exactly what damage could he do?  Lose a game? 
With a coaching moron like this, you never know.    I don't want to risk it. 

SPAL

If you were gonna be fired from your trash route, wouldn't you wanna ride on the back of the truck one last time?

lakecityhog

Shoat, if you let BB coach them 1 more game the message that you are sending is "we don't give a damn about you" not the other way around! Without BB on the sidelines we "might" actually have a chance to win.

I agree, nothing to be gained by firing him tomorrow, do it tonight and have an extra day to get ready for Missouri!

Pig in the Pokey

Totally disagree. A LOT will be gained by firing him now b/c a whole lot of skittish Hog fans STILL think Bert can save his job. Fire him now and we'll have a better crowd for next week, i bet ya.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang