Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Laremy Tunsil Twitter hacked

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, April 28, 2016, 07:49:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Hugh Freeze speaks to the dangers of social media in wake of Laremy Tunsil controversy

QuoteThe usage of personal social media accounts cost former Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil millions of dollars at this year's NFL Draft.

Just minutes before Tunsil was expected to be selected as one of the top picks in the late-April draft, his social media accounts were hacked, revealing video of what appeared to be Tunsil smoking pot with the aid of a gas mask.

"I don't know any school that puts as much into trying to educate your kids about branding on social media and dangers and pitfalls of it," Freeze said. "I'm confident we worked as hard as we can on that. Kids still make mistakes, and he did. But the evilness in this world, the fact that someone would do that at that moment to young men, is very saddening.

And I see it all the time on social media. It's fueled with either unhappy people, or people that want to tear others down for sure. And nothing is going to be kept in their lives anymore that is private. And it is a danger that is constantly costing people."

Freeze went on to weigh the pros and cons of having a social media account.

"I think you can use it for positive. I try to do that every day. I'm not a big fan of it. I kind of wish I wasn't even a part of it. But I do think you can use it for good. And I think our kids, being in the platform they have as a college athlete and the SEC, they can really use it for good, and I'm hopeful that ours will.

But there is no question that on that given night is a great example for our young men. We have a gift box at our place, and in that gift box goes things we should learn from the gifts of others. And sometimes we give our own self a gift. We go through those constantly and what should we learn from it. And hopefully we'll take that and that mistake won't happen again."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/857261354142633984

QuoteHogville member Steven Godfrey reported Wednesday that Tunsil's accounts were hacked by a former "business manager" who had given the former Rebels offensive lineman an Apple device as a gift in 2015. Tunsil gave the alleged hacker his iCloud login information to set up the device.

Despite knowing the identity of the hacker, neither Tunsil nor anyone at Ole Miss is expected to reveal it.

"Laremy knows exactly who was behind this. We all do," an anonymous source at Ole Miss told Godfrey. "But if he makes a public accusation, is there a retaliation? Are there more text messages released? That would only hurt (Ole Miss) because of the NCAA, and he knows that."

Tunsil has reportedly declined to talk to the NCAA about the matter. He and Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze have the same agent, Jimmy Sexton.

SB Nation reports the former "manager" gave Tunsil the Apple device and other benefits "in exchange for a promise of a future financial agreement once Tunsil turned pro." When Tunsil cut ties with the former manager in December 2015, he sought to retaliate.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net