Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Vandy Game Thread (Rubber Game)...

Started by TulsaHawg, April 09, 2006, 09:17:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

April 09, 2006, 09:17:11 am Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 02:05:53 pm by WindyCityHog
After Friday night's disaster, and Saturday's exciting finish, I like the Hog's chances with Trey on the mound today.  We have a mostly clear sky today, nd the high is supposed to be around 65 degrees.

Vandy's pitcher price was as good as advertized Friday night, and had 17 K's.  Charley had another miserable outting for the 2nd consecutive start.  The Hog's contributed to their own demise in that game with 5 errors. In their defense, the ball was getting wet when it hit the ground in the outfield, which may have contributed to some of the errors, but still we just DID NOT look good Friday.

Saturday's game demonstrated a much improved Hog squad.  One of the funniest moments came on the double steal with men on 1st and 3rd.  The Dores' lefty was all caught up with our runner ( Parker I think) on first nd wasn't paying attention to our guy on 3rd ( Hamblin?).  Anyway, DVH sent them both, and Hamblin was almost home before the pitcher even turned to look. When he did notice Hamblin, it was almost like he couldn't believe what was happening, and he froze, hesitating to do anything. Finally, he threw it home, but the runner was safe, and Parker was also safe at 2nd.  Very cool play!

Another great play was Walker's 9th inning blast over the right field fence! Walker had left the game Friday with an injury to his finger, but started and played the entire game Saturday. I listen to the Dores' radio broadcast at the game, and their PBP guy is really impressed with B-Wal behind the plate.

Nick had a solid game pitching, but seemed to tire in the later innings, and Rhodes and Collis came in the to save it.

There are something like 30 -50 Hog fans at the games.  I met Willard's grandfather yesterday from Pennsylvania...very nice gentleman.

Here are a few pics from Friday and Saturday.

hogfan13

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

idochog

I love Jesus!

hogfan13

April 09, 2006, 11:48:45 am #4 Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:43:31 pm by WindyCityHog
Todays lineups a sponcered by Hooters

For Vandy
David Macias   cf 
Pedro Alvarez   3b     
Dominic de la Osa   ss   
Brian Hernandez   dh   
Ryan Flaherty   1b     
Shea Robin   c 
Ryan Davis   rf     
Alex Feinberg   2b   
Matt Meingasner   lf     
Ty Davis   p

hogfan13

And The Diamond Hogs
Craig Gentry   cf   
Chris Hollensworth   rf   
Jake Dugger   lf   
Danny Hamblin   1b
David Hum   dh   
Brian Walker   c     
Blake Parker   3b   
Logan Forsythe   2b
Matt Willard   ss 
Trey Holloway   p

pbjones81

hogfan13

Ty Davis pitched 0.2 of a ining Yesterday only giving up 2hits

heathshogs

Nice pictures TulsHog. I hate stadiums that put fences all the way down the line.
Anway, the hogcalls were well heard on the ado. Keep it up today.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

bigred7987

dont lose sleep over losing to my boy DP in game one, happens to everyone hah

hogfan13

heathshogs

April 09, 2006, 12:44:24 pm #12 Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 01:13:16 pm by heathshogs
I don't think anyone's surprised we lost to Price. I think giving up so many runs and so many errors in the first was the dissapointment. 
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

heathshogs

I assume everyone knows you can get live stats on hogwired.
http://www.hogwired.com//liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100
I don't really understand the need for updates.

dasmoothtalka

WilsonHog

Quote from: dasmoothtalka on April 09, 2006, 12:51:16 pm
Quote from: heathshogs on April 09, 2006, 12:46:21 pm

bingo

Baseball game updates have become somewhat of a tradition on Hogville. One that is enjoyed by old and new members alike.

If you don't like them, don't read them. If you do like them, thank the person responsible.

If you prefer simply to bitch, please do so once or twice more so that, much like a baseball umpire, I will have the pleasure of running you. 

heathshogs

If people like them and someone is willing to do them, that's fine. I'm just pointing out that they're no longer necessary.

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: heathshogs on April 09, 2006, 12:46:21 pm

The updates add another dimension. And readers can come in late or after the game and get a good recap.

CampuspostmanHOG

CampuspostmanHOG

CampuspostmanHOG

Not really, I need to be doing my taxes so please continue.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: heathshogs on April 09, 2006, 01:07:06 pm
If people like them and someone is willing to do them, that's fine. I'm just pointing out that they're no longer necessary.

Why?

Like being a fricktard?

Updates are good....Hogwired or not.

I like reading the threads when I can't sit at home and listen or watch....

What is your intention(s)?

Game threads are great....If you don't like them, don't read.  Thanks for informing the rest of what is necessary and what isn't...

hogfan13

I'm doing Yard Work so I can't update.....Yet

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: hogfan13 on April 09, 2006, 01:23:10 pm

don't remind me....another thing I'm supposed to be doing too........ ;D I love procrastinating

dasmoothtalka

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 09, 2006, 01:21:04 pm

Why?

Like being a fricktard?

Game threads are great....If you don't like them, don't read.  Thanks for informing the rest of what is necessary and what isn't...

Wow relax, the man was speaking his opinion.  He is entitled to that, is he not?  Lay off the whiskey or whatever is hindering your thought process.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: dasmoothtalka on April 09, 2006, 01:28:59 pm

Why?

Like being a fricktard?

wow relax, the man was speaking his opinion.....Lay off the whiskey or whatever is hindering your thought process.

Who are you?

Game threads are a fixture here.

Any more thoughts?

pbjones81

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on April 09, 2006, 01:26:59 pm
Quote from: hogfan13 on April 09, 2006, 01:23:10 pm

don't remind me....another thing I'm supposed to be doing too........ ;D I love procrastinating

i have a calculus test at 8am so youre not the only one.

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on April 09, 2006, 01:33:02 pm
3 outs... sorry, interrupted AT WORK (imagine that).... don't know what happened

no score

top 3rd

Feinberg flied out to lf

heathshogs

Why?

Like being a fricktard?

Seroiuosly relax. Hogfan13 said he wasn't going to be able to do the game updates today. I was pointing out that they aren't necessary because you can get the info on Hogwired. I as I said if someone is willing to do them that's fine. And if as Cam[pus pointed out people get an extra dimension from them, by all means.

What is your Intentions on blowing up on a guy for pointing out a different source of information?

dasmoothtalka

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 09, 2006, 01:31:27 pm

Why?

Like being a fricktard?

wow relax, the man was speaking his opinion.....Lay off the whiskey or whatever is hindering your thought process.

Who are you?

Any more thoughts?

The fact that game threads are a "fixture" as you state, is redundant.  I simply said that he is entitled to his opinion and that your pre-emptive attack on him in response to his opinion was unnecessary.  Relax and take your medicine.  Any more thoughts? none that you would have the capacity to comprehend.

CampuspostmanHOG

WindyCityHog

Quote from: dasmoothtalka on April 09, 2006, 01:37:49 pm
Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 09, 2006, 01:31:27 pm

Why?

Like being a fricktard?

Who are you?

Any more thoughts?

The fact that game threads are a "fixture" as you state, is redundant.  I simply said that he is entitled to his opinion and that your pre-emptive attack on him in response to his opinion was unnecessary.  Relax and take your medicine.  Any more thoughts? none that you would have the capacity to comprehend.

I'll let it go for the sake of the thread....

But please don't feel the need to chastise or "correct" me.

Capiche?

WilsonHog also made a comment....

The point is that game threads, regardless of the "redundancy", are always welcome here.  Commenting on whether they are "necessary" was assholish...Get it?

Now STFU.

razorhead69

what happened to the love in here ?

whats going on in the game?
Tiger just hit one in the crowd.
Wish I was at Augusta

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: razorhead69 on April 09, 2006, 01:50:21 pm

Wish I was at Augusta

congrats on 400 posts

heathshogs

Bee in the battr's jersey, now that's something that won't show up on a stat sheet.

94 Hawg

I appreciate & enjoy the game threads, keep 'em coming.
there are only about 4 million other threads on hogville to read. go do that then come back and complain about this one.
sheesh ::)
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

razorhead69

Quote from: razorhead69 on April 09, 2006, 01:50:21 pm

Wish I was at Augusta
Well it is .WOOOOOHOOOOO
AND GO HOGS
THANKS

heathshogs

heathshogs

I did these a couple of times last year. I was just pointing out that it takes a lot of work and if no one was willing to do it there was another option. I guess depending on who does it you get some more info. I only pointed out hogwired because basically everything I post in these type threads is what you get from there slightly faster. I didn't know it would cause a riot.

CampuspostmanHOG

razorhead69

Masters update.................
Mickleson -4
Couples -4
Jimenez -3
Clarke -3
Tiger -2

CampuspostmanHOG

CampuspostmanHOG

pbjones81

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on April 09, 2006, 01:53:11 pm
work again...sorry!!

I have no clue what's going on..... my co-workers are NOT taking the hint to LEAVE me alone!!

I know it's the bottom of an inning, Trey is on the mound

What are you doing working on a Sunday? Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest...  :)

CampuspostmanHOG

CampuspostmanHOG

CampuspostmanHOG

CampuspostmanHOG