Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can we get rid of the infield fly guys?

Started by rudebaker, April 02, 2006, 07:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: CharlieHog on April 03, 2006, 02:15:41 pm
Quote from: thehill1414 on April 03, 2006, 01:58:39 pm
They say it in the basketball games. I don't know about the baseball games, which is where it should be said if it has to be.

Said after errors or mistakes are made. Actually quite funny.

All I know is that I dont have a razorback game I can recall seeing that they were there... like em not they are avid hogfans and they get a +1 from Hogluvin.

It started at baseball games, and just moved over to basketball games.

bdutt

Quote from: Crappykat on April 03, 2006, 08:08:22 am
Several are graduating this year and will be missed.

It's about time. They've been in school, what? going on a decade?
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

thehill1414

No kidding, some are like 30+. How do they keep getting student tickets anyway?

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: bdutt78 on April 03, 2006, 03:46:51 pm

lemme see, Cirius Porker only had 2 degrees when they got there so.....

..... carry the one...

yea, thats about right...

FtheDarksiders

I go to all the games....other teams envy us b/c we have an amazing ballpark, not b/c we have eight 30 year old men dancing on out dugouts.  I don't know what section you sit in but my section doesn't enjoy them...I know this b/c no one claps for them after they are finished doing their Truffle Shuffle.

Would you want these guys dancing on the 50 yrd line durning a time out at a football game???  I wouldn't.  Bubba Hog dances in the stands...these guys can stay in the seats and dance just like he does, but we should not feel like we have to put them on the dugout and make them part of the game.

Juboar

My kids thought the Infield fly guys were funny when they were in elementary school.

Now they return to their seats when the RBI Girls hit the dugouts.
I personally hope that tryouts are over and there are no more scheduling conflicts- 
WHO SCHEDULED TRYOUTS DURING A BASEBALL GAME?  WTH?

The guys are great fans but I prefer them in the stands.

silvertip

Quote from: Landonhog on April 03, 2006, 10:20:53 am
Quote from: CharlieHog on April 03, 2006, 10:07:27 am
You people need to get over your little inferiorty complexes. Who cares what people from other states think of us and who says they think of us at all. Do you sit around worrying about what people are wearing in California or New York.

Who cares.

...Farm or no farm, you just don't wear overalls on a college campus.  You just don't, it's inappropriate...

As long as they don't wear their WHITE overalls after Labor Day---I have no problem with it.

Landonhog

Quote from: silvertip on April 03, 2006, 04:38:48 pm
Quote from: Landonhog on April 03, 2006, 10:20:53 am
Quote from: CharlieHog on April 03, 2006, 10:07:27 am
You people need to get over your little inferiorty complexes. Who cares what people from other states think of us and who says they think of us at all. Do you sit around worrying about what people are wearing in California or New York.

Who cares.

...Farm or no farm, you just don't wear overalls on a college campus.  You just don't, it's inappropriate...

As long as they don't wear their WHITE overalls after Labor Day---I have no problem with it.

That's funny!  +1...  Man some of my posts earlier today sounded a bit fruity... ???

lunchbox72703

I think some people in here are discriminating against the Fat Fans......Well, Fat is the new Chic...my friends!!!!   Let the Fat Men dance if they want too....its a free world!!!

(this post is supposed to be humorous, simply because it is written by a fat man also!!!) ;)

HOGLUVIN

hogmary

I don't go to a game to laugh, either, I go to watch the game.  The game is not going on when they are on the dugouts.  I guess you don't like the RBI girls or Ribby the Razorback, either.

arkhogdog61

my seat was by 8 or so vols fans, and every time they came out they just kinda smiled, and looked at each other like what a bunch of hicks,myself i say rbi girls or nothing!
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

razorhead69

I
Quote from: arkhogdog61 on April 03, 2006, 06:13:28 pm
my seat was by 8 or so vols fans, and every time they came out they just kinda smiled, and looked at each other like what a bunch of hicks,myself i say rbi girls or nothing!
I dont have an opinion either way. Some like some dont, Oh well. But who gives a shiite what some jackarses from Tennessee think.

Kodiak

Come on people!
It may be hard to look at, but it's all in fun.
What do you do to help liven up the atmosphere?
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

HogBusGuy

It's about time you guys have a few facts and let this rest.  In reference to them being idiots and hicks and being in school for 7 years, etc. maybe you should know that:

-One is finishing up his doctorate, idiot? I don't think so.
-One will graduate next year "in 4 years" with a double major in accounting and economics and with a little luck may also earn a double minor in Spanish and math, all within 4 years, idiot?  I don't think so.
-One will be teaching your kids in elementary school soon, idiot?  I don't think so.
-One provides much of the advertising you see on the local TV networks, idiot?  I don't think so.

I could go on further, but maybe you should take the Infield Fly Guys for what they are.  A group of fans who enjoy the game and enjoy the crowd.  They add to the game.  They are there at the game long before others are, tailgating, taking in the entire game, they are there in cold weather, in hot weather, in losing seasons and in winning seasons.  They were there long before Toops sold 5,000 tickets with one swing of the bat.

Yes, I'm biased, I'm the father of an Infield Fly Guy.  Take it for what it is, entertainment.  But they aren't idiots, they aren't hicks....they are fans.

-

Slacker

I also think the dudes acting like fools is rediculous.

Put the chicks up there who are synchronized and look good doing it, and keep the foolish looking *fools* off the dugouts.

Those fools acting afool looks small time. Baum and the atmosphere is *BIG TIME*

Keep it a big time show.

otherhogbusguy

April 03, 2006, 10:55:34 pm #66 Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:00:48 pm by otherhogbusguy
ever think that they were ASKED to be on the dugouts? do you really think they would announce or even let them be up there? ushers CAN tackle, ya know...its in their agreement...i read one once.   hmmm...maybe sh_nkl_n got this one right by ASKING for help from the guys.  personally,  i would rather watch hognoxious and the guys "dance" than look at tennesee's ugly a$$ uniforms for 1 more second! at least he...err...they...blocked my view of those halloween outfits the vols wore.  i heard they are the opening act for either Loverboy or Eddie Money at partyhogs next watch party...more to come...

LAHoggFan

After seeing your question posted regarding the IFG, I was so provoked that I signed up to become a member, just to reply.
Do you not have any sense of humor? 
I think it takes a lot of guts to get up on top of the dugouts, knowing you are going to be ridiculed and laughed at, all to show this group of guys "true team spirit" that they posses and to get the fans motivated and cheering for the home team.
The RBI girls do a great job of entertaining at Baum Stadium, but unfortunately they may not  be able to perform at every game as was the case on Sunday afternoon, due to pom tryouts.  I'm glad we have the IFG guys to pick of the slack and ad some humor between innings-I SAY KEEP THEM!
This group of guys are some of the smartest and nicest guys around.  They not only exemplify but they are the meaning of "true fans".  They are there at the baseball games over an hour before the game even begins, just so they can get the same seats, those seats that are close to the opponents dugout to harass the visiting team (and many times they have gotten to a player or two) and to be in the middle of the Razorback fans to get us on our feet and cheering.  They are there for every game, through cold days, rainy days and the sunny days, more than I can say for many fans.
I am a season baseball ticket holder and I can assure you that I am one of the first to make my contribution to the Razorback Athletic Foundation so I can keep my same seat every season, right across the aisle from the Infield Fly Guys, for after all, this is one of the great things about this country of ours, freedom of speech, freedom of expression and being able to enjoy the Great American Passtime-Baseball!

rudebaker

lahogg,

learn how to spell and when to use what word (ad vs. add).  when you have achieved proper spelling and grammar, then you may post a long and well thought out post without looking stupid.

Sect103

Attacking grammar=I have no real response....

As a former IFG, yes we do graduate every once in a while, I say it is all good clean fun. If that is all you have to gripe about, you have it pretty good in life.

I still sit in 103 with them, just now I am a season ticket holder.  One of the reasons I look at baseball as my favorite ABOVE football and basketball is because of the fans like the IFG.

Go Hogs or Go Home.
Proud member of the Baum Squad!

lyon98

Quote from: rudebaker on April 04, 2006, 10:54:50 am
lahogg,

learn how to spell and when to use what word (ad vs. add).  when you have achieved proper spelling and grammar, then you may post a long and well thought out post without looking stupid.

rude, if all of the posts with misspelled words were deleted there would be very little left to read. Most in my opinion are due to typing errors and an effort to get thru in a hurry. If it pleases you then have a field day with my posts, they can keep you occupied. It might even help me.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

hogmary

Rudebaker, you certainly chose an apropos screen name.  When all other arguments fail, resort to personal attacks.

hogluvr14

I have to admit that I became angry when I read this post to begin with.  But just watching all of the GREAT HOG FANS out there who defended the IFG's I am impressed.  This bunch of guys are hard core fans and I for one will miss them when they leave. 

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: rudebaker on April 04, 2006, 10:54:50 am
lahogg,

I notice that you didn't a) point out proper capitalization b) use proper capitalization.

I'm just saying.... ps PM me if you would like to have a spelling bee.

FtheDarksiders

Quote from: HogBusGuy on April 03, 2006, 10:06:39 pm

It's about time you guys have a few facts and let this rest.  In reference to them being idiots and hicks and being in school for 7 years, etc. maybe you should know that:

-One is finishing up his doctorate, idiot? I don't think so.
-One will graduate next year "in 4 years" with a double major in accounting and economics and with a little luck may also earn a double minor in Spanish and math, all within 4 years, idiot?  I don't think so.
-One will be teaching your kids in elementary school soon, idiot?  I don't think so.
-One provides much of the advertising you see on the local TV networks, idiot?  I don't think so.

I could go on further, but maybe you should take the Infield Fly Guys for what they are.  A group of fans who enjoy the game and enjoy the crowd.  They add to the game.  They are there at the game long before others are, tailgating, taking in the entire game, they are there in cold weather, in hot weather, in losing seasons and in winning seasons.  They were there long before Toops sold 5,000 tickets with one swing of the bat.

Yes, I'm biased, I'm the father of an Infield Fly Guy.  Take it for what it is, entertainment.  But they aren't idiots, they aren't hicks....they are fans.

-

and a proud father you must be..... 

what about the other guys in that group you fail to mention??  i graduated in 2003 and those guys were there my entire college career at the sporting events and they are still there today.  it doesn't take a double major to figure out the math on that one.

they are like William Hung, people are laughing at them, not with them.....there is a difference.  maybe its time to put down the D&D and grow up a little bit guys.

Knot2brite

You must be [CENSORED] kidding me...the IFG are the bomb...I am not a season ticket holder but I do get to go several times a year and if the IFG are the only things people have to think about at the games they are messed up. Jesus it is for fun. Get over yourselves and enjoy the simple things in life.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

thehill1414

I went to a basketball game in 1999 and most of them were there then. You don't have to be in the student section to be a great hog fan.  Student tickets should be for students. Now if they are still students, then thats great, keep getting excited, keep getting into it, I like the enthusiasm.

lyon98

knot, you're brighter than you think, an applaud.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Kodiak

Quote from: HogBusGuy on April 03, 2006, 10:06:39 pm
Toops sold 5,000 tickets with one swing of the bat.

That brings back memories!!!!!!!!

Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

Illinihog

I find it embarrassing to see guys who look 30 in the front row or the Basketball,Baseball, and Football games.

oldbear

Anything, and I repeat ANYTHING, that I can let my kids see and hear and gets the team and fans fired up is appropriate. I keep reminding my kids that it is supposed to be fun.  Don't take that away.

shiddyHog

If you don't like the IFG's do what I do, sit in the section beside them and kick them off of the rail.  I've had seats in section 104 for years and they are actually really interesting people.  They keep it clean, and they really love baseball.  If we should be upset with anything, I think that it's the lack of enthusiasm by the hogs after giving up a load of runs in the 8th.  Pitiful emotions guys.  I for one come for the baseball, but are sometimes entertained by the IFG's.  If we keep them great, if not we better get rid of a lot of non-baseball related items. (ie: Hot tubs, music, huge scoreboards, etc...)

PS: (I hope this brings this thread back to the first page)