Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs RPI is up to 7th

Started by hogfan064, March 29, 2006, 07:10:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

And there was actually a fire Dave Van Horn thread on this board. 

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 29, 2006, 07:10:33 am

That was a great road win last night.  DVH even got tossed around the 7th inning. Props to Jorn for guiding the Hogs on in for the 11th inning win.

LL COOL HOG

I was in the Fire Van Horn Thread..I took it as a joke...Im proud of any razorback team

hogfan064

Quote from: TulsaHawg on March 29, 2006, 07:12:56 am

That was a great road win last night.  DVH even got tossed around the 7th inning. Props to Jorn for guiding the Hogs on in for the 11th inning win.

And look what Georgia did last night.  They beat Clemson who was preseason #1 this year.  SEC is 2-1 against CLemson this year.  Just shows you how good the SEC is.   Arkansas losing 2 of 3 to UGA this weekend is nothing to panic about.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 29, 2006, 07:30:05 am

And look what Georgia did last night.  They beat Clemson who was preseason #1 this year.  SEC is 2-1 against CLemson this year.  Just shows you how good the SEC is.   Arkansas losing 2 of 3 to UGA this weekend is nothing to panic about.

Agreed 064.  And we could have easily won the Saturday game against the Dawgs as well!

hogfan064

Quote from: TulsaHawg on March 29, 2006, 07:40:26 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on March 29, 2006, 07:30:05 am

And look what Georgia did last night.  They beat Clemson who was preseason #1 this year.  SEC is 2-1 against CLemson this year.  Just shows you how good the SEC is.   Arkansas losing 2 of 3 to UGA this weekend is nothing to panic about.

Agreed 064.  And we could have easily won the Saturday game against the Dawgs as well!

Hogs really should win the rest of their OOC games.  We have Missouri State and Northern Colorado left.  We might slip up against Miss State when play them away from home, but I think we can win the rest of the OOC games.  That would mean a 15-15 SEC record would get us at 40 regular season wins and probably a regional host

CharlieHog

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 29, 2006, 07:44:38 am

Hogs really should win the rest of their OOC games.  We have Missouri State and Northern Colorado left.  We might slip up against Miss State when play them away from home, but I think we can win the rest of the OOC games.  That would mean a 15-15 SEC record would get us at 40 regular season wins and probably a regional host

We also have 2 games against Oral Roberts.

We should win all of those, but obviously you can't pencil in any W's. Northern Colorado isn't good but they are better than last year. ORU is pretty good.

And Mo State and ORU both really get up for our games against them.

hogfan064

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 29, 2006, 07:51:02 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on March 29, 2006, 07:44:38 am

We also have 2 games against Oral Roberts.

We should win all of those, but obviously you can't pencil in any W's. Northern Colorado isn't good but they are better than last year. ORU is pretty good.

And Mo State and ORU both really get up for our games against them.

I forgot about the ORU series.  Its tough for SEC teams to play midweek games because usually those OOC teams throw their Ace against our inexperienced guys.  Still if we can end OOC play 25-1 we should get a regional with a .500 SEC record

CharlieHog

Well hopefully we get it together and end up over .500. I'm not worried about making the postseason, I'm worried about having a good enough team to do something while we are there.

hogfan064

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 29, 2006, 08:12:20 am
Well hopefully we get it together and end up over .500. I'm not worried about making the postseason, I'm worried about having a good enough team to do something while we are there.

I want a region host.  Chances of getting the Omaha are much better if you host the regional.  In order to host a super regional we'll need to finish in the top 4 of the SEC which is definitely a possibility

qakhed

"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Boss Hogg

So what was DVH arguing about when he got tossed last night? 

TulsaHawg

March 29, 2006, 09:09:59 am #12 Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 09:19:17 am by TulsaHawg
Quote from: Boss Hogg on March 29, 2006, 09:05:27 am
So what was DVH arguing about when he got tossed last night? 

hogfan064

What was the crowd like at that game?  Did many Razorback fans make the trip?  I heard Hog calls on Razorzone, but couldn't watch the game

qakhed

At first everyone thought he was arguing the call that the WSU player that stole second was safe. But the arguement was that the player shouldn't have even been on first to begin with. He reached base by sticking his leg over the plate and getting hit with the pitch. He was screaming at the second base ump about allowing that call to happen, the home plate ump let him make the decision.

Whataboar™

Van Horn's job is safe ... for now.
In the meantime, I say fire the intramural swim coach.
I'm tired of mediocrity.  >:(
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

mikeirwin

Quote from: bigrod155 on March 29, 2006, 07:29:15 am
I was in the Fire Van Horn Thread..I took it as a joke...Im proud of any razorback team
You are right. It was a joke. We do allow stupid threads to be started here but if that one had been serious it would have been WAY beyond stupid and therefore made to go away.

HOGLUVIN

I don't necessarily see a loss right now as a bad thing. Hear me out...

We are young in sooo many places. We are missing a .385 hitter, we are Fr at 3rd, S/S and 2nd (when the outfield whom has never played 2nd before isn't there)...

We need time and innings under the belts of these guys. Hamblin is playing very strong, Parker and several others are playing well... Duggar looks like he might be coming out of his hitting funk albeit slowly...

If we can get up off the mat, this is exactly the kind of thing that makes a team hard to beat in the post season. Confidence, camaraderie, cohesion.... those go a long way in post season play.

Our freshman are performing very well right now, there is pure talent there, and once they are experienced, we get Ewing back....look out.

P.S. DVH is the right coach to manage this specific situation given what happened last year.

qakhed

uhhh, hogluvin, don't you have someplace you need to be?

HOGLUVIN

Headed that way... how bout you?

qakhed

TuckFexas

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 11:40:45 am

If we can get up off the mat, this is exactly the kind of thing that makes a team hard to beat in the post season. Confidence, camaraderie, cohesion.... those go a long way in post season play.

Did anyone notice when Schaffer mentioned that Boyce, Schmidt, and one other player (can't remember) were excused from going to the game and they all wanted to come anyways? That shows that there is definitely some camaraderie and cohesion. 9 hour bus ride and there's no chance they get to play, yet want to come anyways. All they need to do is learn how to close out games and STOP MAKING ERRORS.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

3kgthog

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 29, 2006, 09:11:21 am
What was the crowd like at that game?  Did many Razorback fans make the trip?  I heard Hog calls on Razorzone, but couldn't watch the game

Their stadium was about 98% empty. Maybe a tiny group of Hog fans and a mostly comatose Wichita St. crowd. It makes you realize how great our fans are and how the fans suck at most other places.

CharlieHog

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 11:40:45 am
Parker and several others are playing well...

at what? Checkers?

HOGLUVIN

They are doing better than they should be and your have your coach, your upper classmen to thank for it. Still #7 rpi.

HogInaStrangeLand

March 29, 2006, 02:05:55 pm #25 Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:07:54 pm by HogInaStrangeLand
Quote from: 3kgthog on March 29, 2006, 11:59:48 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on March 29, 2006, 09:11:21 am

Their stadium was about 98% empty. Maybe a tiny group of Hog fans and a mostly comatose Wichita St. crowd. It makes you realize how great our fans are and how the fans suck at most other places.

Hmmm...weren't there like 4500 people at that game???
I'm pretty sure that was reported.
http://www.hogwired.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&KEY=&SPID=2415&SPSID=30667

wincrimson

March 29, 2006, 02:30:31 pm #26 Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:32:35 pm by wincrimson
Shows you how tough our conference is-- 4 teams in the Top 10 of the RPI.

TOP 10 RPI (Warren Nolan)
Rk            Team                        RPI
1.            Clemson                   .6881
2.            Georgia Tech            .6649
3.            ALABAMA                    .6574
4.            Miss. State                  .6529

5.            Wake Forest             .6517
6.            Georgia                      .6381
7.            Nebraska                 .6341
8.            Arkansas                    .6301
9.            CS Fullerton             .6292
10.           Virginia                    .6284

TOP 10 RPI (Boyd Nation)
1.            Clemson                   .691
2.            Georgia Tech            .665
3.            ALABAMA                    .660
4.            Wake Forest             .654
5.            Mississippi State          .653
6.            CS Fullerton             .641
7.            Georgia                      .640
8.            Nebraska                 .636
9.            Arkansas                    .631
10.           Virginia                    .629

http://www.rolltide.com/Baseball/14447.asp

HOGLUVIN

Great post... some people still wont get it, but not because you didnt do a good job ;)

TuckFexas

WOW, neither So. Carolina or LSU in the top 10.....being the traditional powerhouses that they are.
Famous quote.

hogfan064

Quote from: TuckFexas on March 29, 2006, 02:36:45 pm
WOW, neither So. Carolina or LSU in the top 10.....being the traditional powerhouses that they are.

USC is top 5 in every poll in the nation.   They are 23-3 and 5-1 in the SEC.  They are actually 16th in RPI.  What hurts them is that Tanner had a weak OOC schedule, but the Gamecocks did beat Clemson who as you see is RPI #1.  They are very young this year.  Start 3 freshmen

LSU has struggled a bit this year, but still a good team

hogfan064

Quote from: wincrimson on March 29, 2006, 02:30:31 pm
Shows you how tough our conference is-- 4 teams in the Top 10 of the RPI.

1.            Clemson                   .6881

5.            Wake Forest             .6517
7.            Nebraska                 .6341
9.            CS Fullerton             .6292
10.           Virginia                    .6284

TOP 10 RPI (Boyd Nation)
1.            Clemson                   .691
4.            Wake Forest             .654
6.            CS Fullerton             .641
8.            Nebraska                 .636
10.           Virginia                    .629

http://www.rolltide.com/Baseball/14447.asp

SEC is 2-1 against RPI #1 Clemson

CharlieHog

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 01:57:34 pm
They are doing better than they should be and your have your coach, your upper classmen to thank for it. Still #7 rpi.

We aren't doing better than we should be. We're supposed to be doing good. We should be ranked in the top 10. We're doing what we should be doing.

And Blake Parker hasn't, in fact, been playing well.

HOGLUVIN

while Parkers hitting #s are down, I dont believe that you can discount his leadership in the dugout, nor his role with all of the young pitchers.

Do me a favor and highlight on the list the teams that have 3 FR starting in the infield, and in a different color please cross ref. the teams that have their best hitter (for ave.) out, on top of their senior shortstop out for the year.

Dont hurry....ill wait....

cmon....

you can do it right? All teams that have dealt with that in the last 14-21 days are on that list right.... Please.

hogfan064

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 03:31:55 pm
while Parkers hitting #s are down, I dont believe that you can discount his leadership in the dugout, nor his role with all of the young pitchers.

Do me a favor and highlight on the list the teams that have 3 FR starting in the infield, and in a different color please cross ref. the teams that have their best hitter (for ave.) out, on top of their senior shortstop out for the year.

Dont hurry....ill wait....

cmon....

you can do it right? All teams that have dealt with that in the last 14-21 days are on that list right.... Please.

I don't think people understand how much injuries can hurt a baseball team.  Especially when you only get 11.6 scholarships to work with

HOGLUVIN

WE HAVE 2 PLAYERS NOT IN THE GAME!!!!!!!

Does that help?

CharlieHog

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 03:38:49 pm

Does that help?

We're playing with 7 guys? Wow, that is impressive.

There isn't *that* much of a drop off from JHM-Tschp to Willard-Ewing or Willard-Robison or Willard-Forsythe.

And college baseball teams win with freshmen all the time.

HognotinMemphis

The players who are playing like nappy dugouts need to step up and git-r-dun.

RPI is great but starting 1-4 in SEC sucks and they suck for doing it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CharlieHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 29, 2006, 03:49:18 pm
The players who are playing like nappy dugouts need to step up and git-r-dun.

RPI is great but starting 1-4 in SEC sucks and they suck for doing it.

We're 2-4, GENUS.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 29, 2006, 03:49:17 pm
Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 03:38:49 pm

Does that help?

We're playing with 7 guys? Wow, that is impressive.

There isn't *that* much of a drop off from JHM-Tschp to Willard-Ewing or Willard-Robison or Willard-Forsythe.

9 playing....+2 not playing...Shiite, do I need to do this in crayon?

ps thats 11.

CharlieHog

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 03:50:38 pm

9 playing....+2 not playing...Shiite, do I need to do this in crayon?

ps thats 11.

Crayon would be a good choice since you apparently read at around a first grade level.

HOGLUVIN

I will try to type slower from now on for you ... done.

HOGLUVIN

p l e a s e   s h o w  m e  t h e  t e a m s, p e r  m y  p r e v i o u s  r e q u e s t.

CharlieHog

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 03:56:56 pm

p l e a s e   s h o w  m e  t h e  t e a m s, p e r  m y  p r e v i o u s  r e q u e s t.

Sorry I'm not going to do a bunch of homework for you.

Off the top of my head, South Carolina this year.

HOGLUVIN

Here is the list again.... and I'm the one with the 1st grade reading comprehension?

sorry, only had the red crayon

1.            Clemson                   .6881
5.            Wake Forest             .6517
7.            Nebraska                 .6341
9.            CS Fullerton             .6292
10.           Virginia                    .6284

TOP 10 RPI (Boyd Nation)
1.            Clemson                   .691
4.            Wake Forest             .654
6.            CS Fullerton             .641
8.            Nebraska                 .636
10.           Virginia                    .629

Please Highlight South Carolina for me.

boomo26

I am not worried in the slightest.  We played some very good team in GA and FL, we could have won 2 against GA, but that is how baseball goes one lucky homerun later we are down.  I bet we sweep TN that puts up 5-4 in the SEC, that will probably push us up to 2nd in the west.

Boomo

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: boomo26 on March 29, 2006, 04:16:14 pm
I am not worried in the slightest.  We played some very good team in GA and FL, we could have won 2 against GA, but that is how baseball goes one lucky homerun later we are down.  I bet we sweep TN that puts up 5-4 in the SEC, that will probably push us up to 2nd in the west.

Boomo

Top 4 can host Super Regional correct? That would be significant.

TuckFexas

We were in position to sweep Florida and should have swept Georgia. Both good teams. Our youth has hurt us, but it will also help us down the stretch with all these guys getting playing time. 2-4 sucks, but it's not like we've been playing sh.itty competition.
Famous quote.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: TuckFexas on March 29, 2006, 04:33:04 pm
We were in position to sweep Florida and should have swept Georgia. Both good teams. Our youth has hurt us, but it will also help us down the stretch with all these guys getting playing time. 2-4 sucks, but it's not like we've been playing sh.itty competition.

thank you tuck

HOGLUVIN

DVH has said, hey our nose got bloodied, we have to get up off the mat and go on.

This is a similar blow to what he took last year and we got up...

CharlieHog

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on March 29, 2006, 04:21:30 pm
Top 4 can host Super Regional correct? That would be significant.

You think four SEC teams are going to get national seeds?