Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#13 Arkansas-#17 Wichita St. Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, March 28, 2006, 05:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

hogfan98

forsythe strikes out swinging to start the 4th.  in the batters' defense, the home plate ump's strike zone is as inconsistant as i've ever seen, for both teams.  you don't know what he'll call a strike, so you just swing at whatever.

TuckFexas

I wish DVH would pull Forsythe. It's not his night, right now, all he's done is give them 3 runs and strikeout twice.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hogfan98

willard hits a grounder up the middle.  short snags it but throws wild into the dugout.  willard advances to 2nd.

hogfan98

they had willard picked off at 2nd and short dropped it.  willard advances to 3rd.  lucky break and dvh is givin' willard hell.

hogfan98

robison strikes out for the 2nd out.  shockers are making a surprising pitching change.  must be saving this guy.  correction on the gentry play.  he didn't fall down as the announcers originally said, he broke backwards and it fell in front of him. 

gentry pops out to right for the 3rd out.

hogfan98

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on March 28, 2006, 08:12:14 pm
Quote from: hogfan98 on March 28, 2006, 08:11:17 pm
in the batters' defense, the home plate ump's strike zone is as inconsistant as i've ever seen, for both teams.  you don't know what he'll call a strike, so you just swing at whatever.

As I recall that was one of the issues in Florida

that may be, but tonight i am fortunate to watch the game on tv and it's pretty bad, too.

hogfan98

lead off pops up to robison at 2nd for the 1st out of the inning.

hogfan98

gilbert gets his 3rd k of the game for the 2nd out.  he's pitching really well tonight.

hogfan98

shocker singles to left, tries to go for 2 and is thrown out at 2nd for the 3rd out.  after 4, 3-2 wsu.

hogfan98

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on March 28, 2006, 08:21:30 pm
Quote from: hogfan98 on March 28, 2006, 08:19:45 pm
Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on March 28, 2006, 08:12:14 pm
Quote from: hogfan98 on March 28, 2006, 08:11:17 pm
in the batters' defense, the home plate ump's strike zone is as inconsistant as i've ever seen, for both teams.  you don't know what he'll call a strike, so you just swing at whatever.

As I recall that was one of the issues in Florida

wasn't that the game that DVH and one of the assistants were ejected from the game because they kept having "discussions" with the umps about the strike zone?   I could be wrong.

that may be, but tonight i am fortunate to watch the game on tv and it's pretty bad, too.

todd butler, the hitting coach, was ejected @ florida for giving the ump the business from the dugout.

hogfan98

hollensworth singles to center to leadoff the 5th.  chris is 2-2 on the day.

hogfan98

hrozek hits a dribbler in front of the plate and is thrown out at 1st.  hollensworth moves to 2nd with hamblin up.  1 out

Maddhog

hogfan98

hamblin poped up to right.  the right fielder dropped it during the exchange.  should be out, but no call yet.

hogfan98

called him out.  they were just guessing, but i think they got it right.

hogfan98

arnold pops out to right for the 3rd out.  hollensworth stranded on 2nd.  still 3-2 shockers.

hogfan98

gilbert with the k for the 1st out of the inning.

hogfan98

hogfan98

base hit to right for the shockers.  seibert throwing in the hogs' pen.

hogfan98

gilbert picks off the runner @ first and he's tagged out after a small rundown.  3-2 wsu after 5.

3kgthog

I think our guys need to start swinging telephone poles or something. They certainly can't hit a lick with those regulation bats.

hogfan98

parker pops up to 2nd for the 1st out.  forsythe up next.

hogfan98

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 28, 2006, 08:43:54 pm
I think our guys need to start swinging telephone poles or something. They certainly can't hit a lick with those regulation bats.

parker especially

hogfan98

homerun forsythe just over the left field boards.  3-3 

vince lomboardi

Quote from: TuckFexas on March 28, 2006, 08:11:50 pm
I wish DVH would pull Forsythe. It's not his night, right now, all he's done is give them 3 runs and strikeout twice.

good thing he didn't

hogman64

home run, ,, no its an out, no its a home run, no its an out... no it is a  HOME RUN

hogfan98

1st career homerun for logan.  looked similar to the toops homerun.  just out of the left fielder's reach.  gotta love it! wps!

hogfan98

Quote from: hogman64 on March 28, 2006, 08:46:17 pm
home run, ,, no its an out, no its a home run, no its an out... no it is a  HOME RUN

i'm guessing that was rick.  sounds like him.

Maddhog

Can't believe it.   I had the poor kid chalked up as an out.

hogfan98

hollensworth strikes out to end the razorback 6th (somebody poped up to second after logan's hr, but i missed it).  tied @ 3

hogfan98

seibert pitching now.  great outing for gilbert.

hogfan98

lead off grounds out to hamblin for the first out.

hogfan98

hogman64

Quote from: hogfan98 on March 28, 2006, 08:47:22 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on March 28, 2006, 08:46:17 pm

i'm guessing that was rick.  sounds like him.

yea he called it a home run twice and an out twice before going with  the 3 out of 5 for homerun.............

Maddhog

hogfan98

called strike 3.  3-3 after 6.  good quick inning from seibert

Maddhog

hogfan98

gentry leads off the 7th with a single to left, but gets thrown at going for the double.  not smart baserunning.  but, his hit streak is at 14 games.

hogfan98

hollenworth strikes out swinging for the 2nd out.  replay just showed that gentry beat the tag at second, and it wasn't all that close.  pretty bad call really.  hrozek grounds out to the pitcher for the 3rd out. 3-3 mid 7

hogfan98

lead off pops out to forsythe at the mound.  1 down.

hogfan98

nasty breaking ball gets him swinging.  2 outs.

hogfan98

another sick breaking ball gets 'em swinging again for the 3rd out, and i'm talking BIG benders.  looks like seibert has it working tonight.  6 straight retired.  3-3 after 7. 

Maddhog

hogfan98

hamblin strikes out swinging to start the 8th.  1 out.

hogfan98

duggar pinch hitting for arnold draws a 1 out walk.

hogfan98

parker pops up on the infield for the second out.  his bat is starting to really hurt us.  he needs to get it going or dvh needs to go ahead and pull him.  too many young guys swinging good bats to keep waiting for him to turn it around.

hogman64

I wonder how long Van Horn can give Parker.. he must be 0 for his last 30

hogfan98

forsythe strikes out swinging.  duggar stranded.  3-3 mid 8

hogfan98

Quote from: hogman64 on March 28, 2006, 09:12:41 pm
I wonder how long Van Horn can give Parker.. he must be 0 for his last 30

if he's not, he's real close.  he was 0-20 something going into sunday (i think) against georgia.