Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are the Van Horn Haters

Started by jdhoover, March 19, 2006, 08:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuckFexas

Quote from: jdhoover on March 20, 2006, 01:27:10 pm
I did not say that Arkansas fans are not intelligent or that anyone on this board knows nothing when it comes to sports.

What I was trying to point out is that an Arkansas team choked real bad yesterday.  Anyway you look at it, when you blow a 7-run lead in two innings, that is embarrasing.  Worse than blowing a 12-point lead in basketball or a 10-point lead in football.  I believe that had that been the basketball or football program, this board would have been ruthless on the coach.  Why did he leave that player in?  What did he put that player in?  What was he thinking?

I know Arkansas fans are smart, hell I'm one of them.  What I was pointing out was the bias that, to me, seems to exist with no reason.

Read my previous post.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hogfan064

Look guys its like this.  The Hogs are ranked 11th in the country right now.  We just beat 9th ranked Florida on the road.  We're 8th in the latest RPI rankings.  Noone is going to get down on DVH for losing a game to a great Florida team that a year ago finished ranked 2nd.

CharlieHog

I did not say that Arkansas fans are not intelligent or that anyone on this board knows nothing when it comes to sports.

What I was trying to point out is that an Arkansas team choked real bad yesterday.  Anyway you look at it, when you blow a 7-run lead in two innings, that is embarrasing.  Worse than blowing a 12-point lead in basketball or a 10-point lead in football.  I believe that had that been the basketball or football program, this board would have been ruthless on the coach.  Why did he leave that player in?  What did he put that player in?  What was he thinking?

I know Arkansas fans are smart, hell I'm one of them.  What I was pointing out was the bias that, to me, seems to exist with no reason.

I agree with you. If fans cared as much as they do about football and basketball, there would be an outcry. Not to mention expectations. I don't think most fans see our baseball team as anything other than a distraction.

Now...I don't think there should be outcry, but facts never got in the way of anybody's bitching when it comes to football and basketball.

You simply can't live and die with every win and loss in baseball or you'll never make it through a season.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 20, 2006, 01:34:24 pm

I agree with you. If fans cared as much as they do about football and basketball, there would be an outcry. Not to mention expectations. I don't think most fans see our baseball team as anything other than a distraction.

Now...I don't think there should be outcry, but facts never got in the way of anybody's bitching when it comes to football and basketball.

You simply can't live and die with every win and loss in baseball or you'll never make it through a season.

I'm sorry, but were you saying that there is not a factual basis for the outcry for football?  Are you saying there aren't facts that have proved Nutt is in over his head? 

The people that would defend Nutt have no facts to stand on. I am sure I misunderstood you.  That statement just doesn't hold water otherwise.
Retired Radio Host

CharlieHog

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 20, 2006, 01:41:19 pm
I'm sorry, but were you saying that there is not a factual basis for the outcry for football?  Are you saying there aren't facts that have proved Nutt is in over his head? 

The people that would defend Nutt have no facts to stand on. I am sure I misunderstood you.  That statement just doesn't hold water otherwise.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that people don't necessarily let logic or facts get in the way of their bitching.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 20, 2006, 01:44:29 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on March 20, 2006, 01:41:19 pm

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that people don't necessarily let logic or facts get in the way of their bitching.

Okay.
Retired Radio Host

hogsNbeer

HDN doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as DVH...... Thanks... :razorback:

DVH is 3 times the coach HDN will ever be...

razorhead69

wupigsuey

Quote from: jdhoover on March 19, 2006, 08:49:58 pm
This guy just blew 2 games in three days at Florida.  A seven-run lead in the 7th inning?  If his name were Nutt or Heath this board would be filled up with FIRE HIM NOW!!!

Why does this guy get a pass?

Just curious.

ummmmmm.....cause we're 11th in the country maybe??
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

razorhead69

And he didnt call that play Chuck !!

firecampbell

Has almost taken them to the CWS last 2 years...loosing both times to Texas who won the whole thing.  He's a great manager and we lost 2 pitching prospects to MLB baseball teams. 

CharlieHog

Quote from: firecampbell on March 20, 2006, 07:39:54 pm
Has almost taken them to the CWS last 2 years...loosing both times to Texas who won the whole thing.  He's a great manager and we lost 2 pitching prospects to MLB baseball teams. 

2 years ago we went to the CWS.

I don't know how "almost" it was last year. We lost at the regional.

hogfan064

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 20, 2006, 10:21:08 pm
Quote from: firecampbell on March 20, 2006, 07:39:54 pm

2 years ago we went to the CWS.

I don't know how "almost" it was last year. We lost at the regional.

Hogs were 1 game away from winning the regional.  Texas had to win 3 games in 2 days to win the regional over us.  If the Hogs had won they would've been in a Super Regional against Ole Miss who always chokes in the postseason.  Hogs were 3 wins away from Omaha.  And remember last year's team had several key injuries and a couple big time hitters get kicked off the team

jdhoover

If's and But's don't count, sorry.  Every team has injuries.  See Matt Jones.  See Cedric Cobbs.  No one would gave HDN excuse when these players' injuries severly hurt the FB teams chances.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

hogfan064

Quote from: jdhoover on March 21, 2006, 07:20:49 am
If's and But's don't count, sorry.  Every team has injuries.  See Matt Jones.  See Cedric Cobbs.  No one would gave HDN excuse when these players' injuries severly hurt the FB teams chances.

The Hogs had a solid baseball team last year.  Before those injuries we were 18-2 and ranked in the top 5 and had just finished a series victory over 2nd ranked South Carolina.  In baseball injuries hurt you much more than football.  You only have 11 scholarships to work with in baseball.   

LA HAWG

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 21, 2006, 07:26:12 am
Quote from: jdhoover on March 21, 2006, 07:20:49 am

The Hogs had a solid baseball team last year.  Before those injuries we were 18-2 and ranked in the top 5 and had just finished a series victory over 2nd ranked South Carolina.  In baseball injuries hurt you much more than football.  You only have 11 scholarships to work with in baseball.  

I agree with you hogfan.  Last year's team was certainly Omaha quality before the injuries.  They almost made it with the injuries.  Anyone that thinks Van Horn can't coach is crazy.  I think we will win a baseball NC in the next five years.

CharlieHog

There are lots of "Omaha quality" teams out there. You guys seem to think there are only a few really good teams. There are actually lots of good teams. There is unbelieveable parity in college baseball.

Having to beat Texas and then win a series @ Ole Miss (who had just SWEPT us in our own park 2 weeks earlier...and pretty much kicked our ass doing it) does not count as ALMOST making it to Omaha, IMO.

In 2002 we were an out away. That's "almost" making it to Omaha.

LA HAWG

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 21, 2006, 07:40:04 am
There are lots of "Omaha quality" teams out there. You guys seem to think there are only a few really good teams. There are actually lots of good teams. There is unbelieveable parity in college baseball.

Having to beat Texas and then win a series @ Ole Miss (who had just SWEPT us in our own park 2 weeks earlier...and pretty much kicked our ass doing it) does not count as ALMOST making it to Omaha, IMO.

In 2002 we were an out away. That's "almost" making it to Omaha.

Even if you are correct in what you are saying does this make DVH a bad coach?  What I am trying to say is that he has had good teams and would have done more last year if not for injuries. 

CharlieHog

Quote from: LA HAWG on March 21, 2006, 07:42:28 am

Even if you are correct in what you are saying does this make DVH a bad coach?  What I am trying to say is that he has had good teams and would have done more last year if not for injuries. 

I'm just saying we didn't "almost" get to Omaha last year.

I think Dave Van Horn is one of the best coaches in baseball.

LA HAWG

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 21, 2006, 07:45:15 am
Quote from: LA HAWG on March 21, 2006, 07:42:28 am

I'm just saying we didn't "almost" get to Omaha last year.

I think Dave Van Horn is one of the best coaches in baseball.

Okay, I got you.

cityhog

1-2 on the SEC road this year.  Team can't hold a huge lead late in the game.  FIRE HIM YESTERDAY!

sarcasm
(I fully expected to see this post when I checked the board today.)