Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diamond Hogs-Mavericks Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, March 04, 2006, 12:54:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

ILuvMyHog...do you need any help updating? I can help if you need some assistance. Let me know.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PoconoHog

Parker gets a hit. Man on 1st 2 out.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

maniax22bolts20

Hogs have left 5 runners stranded on base. Still lead 3-1 bottom of the 6th.

PoconoHog

Marquardt at bat. Grounds to 2nd. Inning over.
Bottom to 6  Hogs 3  UTA 1

PoconoHog

Stevens, Wilson, Rudy up for UTA in bottom of 6.

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Newby flys to right. 2 out 0 on base.

Hugehogsfan

hopefully we can get out of here with a win and get back home. 

PoconoHog

Rudy hit to right field. Man on 1st  2 out.

PoconoHog

TheUrge68

its a good thing most of their hits have occured with 2 outs otherwise we'd be in big trouble right now. 
Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

Hugehogsfan

Or good thing they aren't hitting two out homers.

PoconoHog

Slantman line drive to center. Inning over.
Headed to top of 7
Hogs 3  UTA  1

Hugehogsfan

PoconoHog

Due up for Hogs in top of 7
Robison, Hollensworth, Tschepikow

Excuse my typo's...have cast on left hand

PoconoHog

Hugehogsfan

I am ready to beat LSU again like we did last year.

idochog

Is there a reason we have only played UTA for the most part?

Werent we supposed to play Hawaii?
I love Jesus!

TheUrge68

Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

Hugehogsfan

PoconoHog

Hollensworth sac bunt. Robison to second. 1 out.

hogman64

you have a cast on one hand and your typing play by play..........you get a +1 for the effort.

Hugehogsfan

we did beat them 5-1 on Fri. I believe and it was intense from what the paper was saying.

cookie52

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 03:48:07 pm
I am ready to beat LSU again like we did last year.

We didn't beat LSU last year, it was two years ago. First sweep at Alex Box Stadium in like 20 years. They swept us at home last year.

PoconoHog

Tschepikot to bat. UTA making pitching change.
Recap: Top of 7  Man on 2nd 1 out  Hogs lead 3-1

Hugehogsfan

How are we looking as far as power on this team?  Or should I ask what is our weakness?

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Hugehogsfan

I know we have a few good pitchers....but?

PoconoHog

Willard walks on wild pitch. Wild pitch...Robison scores.
Hogs 4  UTA 1.

PoconoHog

Dugger at bat...Willard on 1st...1 out.

Hugehogsfan

man on third we should be able to get him home.

PoconoHog

Dugger hit by pitch. Men on 1st and 2nd. 1 out.
Hamblin due to bat.

TheUrge68

Quote from: idochog on March 04, 2006, 03:48:17 pm
Is there a reason we have only played UTA for the most part?

Werent we supposed to play Hawaii?

There's no logical reason but the Morning news had this to say about it. 

"That allowed Friday's games to be treated as the semifinals with No. 1 playing No. 4 and No. 2 playing No. 3. The only problem with that is, since Saturday's matchups already had been decided, there would be no true championship game.

According to Hawaii's sports information department, all four teams agreed on the matchups for the final two days. However, Texas-Arlington coach Jeff Curtis was not involved in the process and Arkansas coach Dave Van Horn was given two choices: Either play it like the semifinals on Friday or flip a coin to determine opponents.

Van Horn wanted to play Washington, but since it wasn't his tournament, he simply left the decision in the hands of Hawaii coach Mike Trepasso."

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/03/04/razorback_central/sections/top_stories/02uabbnotes.txt

Hugehogsfan

PoconoHog

UTA making another pitching change.
Recap: Men on 1st and 2nd...1 out Top of 7
Hogs 4 - 1

Hugehogsfan

Well that is the last time we will play in this tournament.

PoconoHog

Hamblin hit to right center. Willard & Dugger score. Hamblin gets double.
Hogs 6 -1

TheUrge68

PoconoHog

Hamblin on 2nd  1 out
Walker to the plate.

PoconoHog

Walker out at first. Hamblin to 3rd. 2 outs.
Hum at bat.

PoconoHog

Hum lines out to center. Inning over.
Gong to bottom of the 7th
Hogs 6 -1

Hugehogsfan

Let's just win and get the heck out of there.

Hugehogsfan

PoconoHog

Holloway on still on the mound for the Hogs.
Smith at bat for UTA.

TheUrge68

Quote from: ILuvMyHog(s) on March 04, 2006, 04:01:29 pm
they've played well...and had a couple of decent opponents......

good experience all the way around

kids got to do something (and go somewhere) some of them never would have otherwise...........

I think it's been good.......but, it's time to get them home!!

I hope they at least had fun while not playing in the rain

[attachment deleted by admin]

PoconoHog

Smith walks. Man on 1st  0 outs.
Rieder to the plate.

PoconoHog

Rieder hit by pitch. Men on 1st and 2nd  0 outs.

PoconoHog