Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Baseball moves up to #11 in latest Baseball America Poll

Started by hogfan064, February 27, 2006, 11:25:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Juboar

Seven SEC teams in the top 25. 
I sure hope Charlie Boyce returns to form soon.  We are going to need him.

LA HAWG

Finally a little respect.  We should be top ten though.

hogfan064

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 27, 2006, 11:31:00 am

We should be ahead of South Carolina.  Gamecocks I know will have a great team as usual, but they are 8-1 with a loss to Elon(which is actually a good team).  Hogs have played better competition and are 9-0. 

Hogs4Ever

HatfieldHog

11th is OK for now, but we will break into the top 10 soon.  This is a good baseball team, but we will need to post some wins over other top 10 teams to really garner the respect that "I think" that we deserve.

Does anyone have a link to the schedule that the Hogs will play over in Hawaii?     

Thanks,  and  See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

HOGLUVIN

ANYBODY! :
How is Pepperdine, 8-6 Overall, #12.  They went 2-2 last week and went up 4 spots from #16... ??

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 27, 2006, 11:34:42 am

We should be ahead of South Carolina.  Gamecocks I know will have a great team as usual, but they are 8-1 with a loss to Elon(which is actually a good team).  Hogs have played better competition and are 9-0. 

Just keep winnin' baby. All that stuff will take care of itself. DVH has 'em goin' in the right direction.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Hogeye_Pierce

February 27, 2006, 11:48:58 am #8 Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 11:52:37 am by Hogeye_Pierce
Quote from: HatfieldHog on February 27, 2006, 11:42:25 am
11th is OK for now, but we will break into the top 10 soon.  This is a good baseball team, but we will need to post some wins over other top 10 teams to really garner the respect that "I think" that we deserve.

Does anyone have a link to the schedule that the Hogs will play over in Hawaii?     

Thanks,  and  See ya

Here ya' go: (Times are CST)

Rainbow Baseball Tournament
Tue, Feb 28     Washington    -    - at Honolulu, Hawai'i      6:30 p.m.       

Wed, Mar 01     Texas-Arlington     at Honolulu, Hawai'i      6:30 p.m.       

Thu, Mar 02     Hawai'i    -    -     at Honolulu, Hawai'i      10:35 p.m.       

Fri, Mar 03     Semifinals    -    -      at Honolulu, Hawai'i      TBA       

Sat, Mar 04     Finals    -    -    at Honolulu, Hawai'i      TBA

msudawgs64

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on February 27, 2006, 11:46:34 am
ANYBODY! :
How is Pepperdine, 8-6 Overall, #12.  They went 2-2 last week and went up 4 spots from #16... ??

cause those two wins were against #10 <at the time> Tulane @ Tulane.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

clew

Pure as the dawn

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

ThisTeetsTaken

The polls are basically meaningless right now. They don't really mean anything until it is time to choose regionals.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HogBaptist

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on February 27, 2006, 11:46:34 am
ANYBODY! :

Well I checked their schedule out.  They beat Oregon State twice, which they are number 13.  They went .500 against a good Tulane team.  They are going to play Cal State Fullerton.  So, their rankings won't come down for a while.  They also play OK State.  Even though they aren't ranked, they are considered a powerhouse because of their past.  They have a pretty crazy schedule.  They could probably go .500 and still have a decent RPI.

4thdownnutt

has miami dropped of the earth --  I don't think I see them

hogfan064

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on February 27, 2006, 12:50:28 pm

They lost 2 of 3 to #24 Winthrop and since I have heard nothing of them.  Miami athletics seems to be hurting now that they are in a real conference.  It was only a couple years ago that the Miami baseball team didn't leave the state of Florida during the regular season.  NOw their in a league with powerhouses like Clemson, FSU, UNC, and NC State and they are struggling.

msudawgs64

Quote from: 4thdownnutt on February 27, 2006, 12:50:28 pm

they never made the Baseball America poll to start the season and have yet to crack the rankings in this one.  However they are ranked in the other polls, albeit, pretty low.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

litmachog

Don't know about outside of the baseball poll but only 4 teams are undefeated inside the poll with one being Arkansas.

hogfan064

Quote from: litmachog on February 27, 2006, 12:55:58 pm
Don't know about outside of the baseball poll but only 4 teams are undefeated inside the poll with one being Arkansas.

Hogs have nation's 2nd longest win streak.  Georgia Tech has a 10 game streak

4thdownnutt

you're right 64 -- since miami is in a real  confrence they have a real game every week.  They just can't go play Rutgers anymore.  They still can't half way fill up that nasty bowl even when play someone good  except for in-state teams.

HatfieldHog

Thanks, Hogeye!   I hope that there will be some radio on these games!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Southernboy7

Texas is 14th with 6 loses thats a joke... and Pepperdine is 12th with 6 loses that also is a joke

hogfan064

Quote from: Southernboy7 on February 27, 2006, 01:25:22 pm
Texas is 14th with 6 loses thats a joke... and Pepperdine is 12th with 6 loses that also is a joke

I hate Texas and wish it would become part of Mexico, but I will admit they have played a killer schedule.  This is probably the worst Texas team since 2001 though.

TuckFexas

If Boyce comes around to true form, we'll end up hosting a super regional. :)
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

4thdownnutt

is it my brain or has van horn won more in two weeks than nutt in two years?  I know ---I just couldn't help it!!!!!

HOGLUVIN

Im with you on this one for sure. What does it matter if they have a tough schedule, if they lose. Isnt' that the point of playing? No matter if your schedule is tough or not at this point, there is no credence to this ranking, or any that would put any team (not just 1 but 2) that have proven they can not beat the upper teir teams. So why leave em up there in the rankings. Texazz per usual is holding a spot that could be being used by a quality team.

Arkansas has zero losses. Period. Undefeated .....Perfect.

Rank that. Tuck Fexas and Tuck these guys.

freedomcounty

I've mentioned this in another thread, but some Texas' losses look better now than they did at the time. The only reason some of these polls have San Diego ranked is because they swept Texas. They weren't on many people's radar before they smacked Texas.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hogfan064

Quote from: freedomcounty on February 27, 2006, 02:07:12 pm
I've mentioned this in another thread, but some Texas' losses look better now than they did at the time. The only reason some of these polls have San Diego ranked is because they swept Texas. They weren't on many people's radar before they smacked Texas.

Georgia swept San Diego this weekend

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 27, 2006, 03:03:53 pm

Man I wish we played Texas this year up at Baum. That place would be ROCKIN'. Don't we start our series with them next year in baseball and basketball?

hogfan064

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on February 27, 2006, 03:33:03 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on February 27, 2006, 03:03:53 pm

Man I wish we played Texas this year up at Baum. That place would be ROCKIN'. Don't we start our series with them next year in baseball and basketball?

Yes we do in both sports

pbjones81

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on February 27, 2006, 11:57:59 am
Quote from: HogWild7982 on February 27, 2006, 11:49:39 am
WPS!!!

What does this mean?

over 650 posts and you didn't know what WPS means?  are you a whorn pretending to be a hog??  Is that you HogInMemphis?  just messing with you btw :)

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

pigsooie_73

What a great start to the season! Hope they can keep it up. The SEC is going to be tough, but what else is to be expected. As for Boyce, he'll probably never come around. I hope no one really expects anything out of him.

PigKuneDo

Yeah, but at least the Hogs are ahead of them... :)

WPS!

- Bert

Sonofahog

Quote from: PigKuneDo on February 27, 2006, 09:33:09 pm

Yeah, but at least the Hogs are ahead of them... :)

WPS!

- Bert

The baseball polls are a joke. 
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

PIGG

Wow.  The Florida-Arkansas series should be televised.  It might be, if it is, I have no knowledge of it.  But man, that will be a huge series for both teams.

When was the last time we were ranked ahead of Texas in anything? WPS!  Tuck Fexas!
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

msudawgs64

Quote from: pigsooie_73 on February 27, 2006, 08:48:15 pm
What a great start to the season! Hope they can keep it up. The SEC is going to be tough, but what else is to be expected. As for Boyce, he'll probably never come around. I hope no one really expects anything out of him.

I think if he comes out of the bullpen he will come around.  Remember last year when his confidence was just gone but Van Horn stuck with him albeit out of the pen, he did pretty good I must say.   I think he may be done as a starter though.

bald hog

11. Arkansas     
12. Pepperdine        
13. Oregon State    
14. Texas

I love it!!!!

TuckFexas

Quote from: PIGG on February 27, 2006, 10:00:10 pm
Wow.  The Florida-Arkansas series should be televised.  It might be, if it is, I have no knowledge of it.  But man, that will be a huge series for both teams.

When was the last time we were ranked ahead of Texas in anything? WPS!  Tuck Fexas!

Yeah?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.