Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs-Frogs official game thread

Started by hogfan064, February 17, 2006, 07:09:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: jforte on February 17, 2006, 01:58:53 pm
tcu broadcaster is calling Jake Dugger "Dooger"

Glad someone else noticed.  It's driving me crazy.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

jforte

TulsaHawg

The Frogs are 2 and 2 on the season.

The beat Tulane and Houston to start the year, but they came into this tourney on a 2 game losing streak.   TCU lost to Rice, 12-6 on Sunday and fell to Texas State, 5 to 1 on Tuesday.

Still ranked 18th.

hillbilly

McGuirk strikes out swinging. 2 men stranded. Going to the bottom of the 4th...

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 3

TulsaHawg

Pig Power

Thank goodness the errors didn't hurt them... Need to score somemore here.

hillbilly

John Henry Marquardt hits it up the middle, the 2nd baseman backhands it and throws it into the dugout on a tough play. Marquardt advances to 2nd with no outs for Stephen Robison.

hogfan064

So Nick still hasn't.... Well, you know..... given up a....  I can't say it

Pig Power

TulsaHawg

john Henry is still hitless on the season.

holman24

TulsaHawg

hillbilly

Robison lays a bunt down the 3rd base line and everyone is safe. Runners on the corners with no outs for Craig Gentry.

razorback3072

everybody on the other end of the bench.   :-X :-X
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

TulsaHawg

Robo has 2 hits on the season, and both were bunts.

razorback3072

A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

hillbilly

Gentry lines it down the right field line. Marquardt scores, Robison to 3rd, Gentry to 2nd. Gentry is 3-3 on the day. 2 on and no one out for Ben Tschepikow.

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 4

hogfan064

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2006/schedule/TCU

TCU's RPI is 29th.  Hogs already have what I consider 3 good wins.  This would be another one that will be looked at come time to pick regional hosts.

PoconoHog

Good Job Gentry!  Let's get the other runners home.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Arkapigdiesel

We need to keep piling the runs on!
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hillbilly

Tschepikow strikes out swinging. 2 on and 1 down now for Danny Hamblin.

TulsaHawg

February 17, 2006, 02:14:00 pm #122 Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 02:15:40 pm by TulsaHawg
In the last seven at bats for Gentry, he has 6 hits and one hit by pitch.  He's reached base all 7 times!  Pretty good for getting off to a slow start in the first 2 games.

razorback3072

he's doing his job as lead-off.  Need to keep him from getting picked off though.

hillbilly

Hamblin flies out. Robison scores on a sac fly and they got Gentry straying away from 2nd. Going to the 5th...

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 5

hogfan064

I'm really pumped about this team.  We are beating good competition at neutral sites.  I know it's early, but this team should be a contender for the CWS and with this pitching possibly the NC

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 17, 2006, 02:17:49 pm
I'm really pumped about this team.  We are beating good competition at neutral sites.  I know it's early, but this team should be a contender for the CWS and with this pitching possibly the NC

lets not jump that far ahed of ourselves...LOL
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

TulsaHawg

An interesting fact on TCU's roster is that only 4 have their hometown listed somewhere outside the state of Texas. One guy is from Autralia.  G'Day mate.  :D

hillbilly

Austin Adams starts the Frogs 5th flies out to center. 1 down for Matt Carpenter.

TulsaHawg

Nick has gone 10 innings this year without allowing a base hit.

Before you start jumping me about saying it....I'm just repeating what Chuck said.  ;D

hillbilly

Carpenter hits a shot to Marquardt but he makes the play. 2 down now for Hunt Woodruff.

hillbilly

Woodruff strikes out swinging. Going to the bottom of the 5th...

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 5

hillbilly

New pitcher for TCU...Jake Dugger leading off the Hogs half of the 5th.

Arkapigdiesel

Nick is a friggin hoss.  It's nice to know that you have a pitcher and when he starts you are almost assured a guaranteed win.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hillbilly

Jake strikes out looking. 1 down now for Wayne Hrozek.

Pig Power

Quote from: PBD on February 17, 2006, 02:23:58 pm
Nick is a friggin hoss.  It's nice to know that you have a pitcher and when he starts you are almost assured a guaranteed win.
We need to keep this kid healthy.

hillbilly

Hrozek grounds to short. 2 gone for Brian Walker.

holman24

Thanks Hillbilly for the post of the game I am at work and this is the only way for about 20 of us to keep up.  I applaud you.

hillbilly

Walker strikes out swinging. Going to the 6th...

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 5

hogfan064

Keep this up and Nick will have a Golden Spikes Award

hillbilly

Quote from: holman24 on February 17, 2006, 02:26:20 pm
Thanks Hillbilly for the post of the game I am at work and this is the only way for about 20 of us to keep up.  I applaud you.
Hey it's not a problem, I enjoy doing it!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hillbilly on February 17, 2006, 02:25:20 pm
Jake strikes out looking. 1 down now for Wayne Hrozek.

Jake has been struck out looking twice today.

hogfan064

Another SEC score

3rd inning

#13 USC 0
Radford 0

TulsaHawg

Hogs play Stephen F. Austin tomorrow at 1:00.

SFAU is 2 and 5 for the season.  They lost 1 to Houston, 3 to Baylor, 1 to UALR, and beat UALR twice.

hillbilly

Ryan Pack starts the Frogs 6th by drawing a walk. 1 on and no one out for Steven Trout.

hillbilly

Trout flies to left. 1 on and 1 out for Bryan Kervin.

hillbilly

Kervin strikes out looking. 1 on and 2 down now for Chad Huffman.

TulsaHawg

hillbilly

Pack steals 2nd because the Hogs weren't holding him. 1-1 count to Huffman with 2 down.

hillbilly

Huffman grounds to 3rd...going to the bottom of the 6th

Frogs - 0
Hogs - 5