Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Regional: Arkansas vs. Texas, Part III

Started by Bomis Hawg, June 06, 2005, 12:29:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BushHawg

I had to turn my audio off.  I can't stand to hear those people cheer.  They don't deserve this.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

ocelot_ark

I'm calling it...Goodwin will strike out.

ocelot_ark

OMG - All three guys this inning grounded out to short.

Weak.  :puke:

ocelot_ark

And thus ends another disappointing sports season for the University of Arkansas.

artyhog

I am very proud of the Diamons Hogs.  They have nothing to be ashamed about.

Not bad for a team that "backed in' to the Regionals.  Took the #1 seed team to the IF game with only 2 true pitchers.

The Hogs showed themselves very will.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

artyhog

Ocelot, how can you say that it was a disappointed season.  The Hogs went further than any other pitcher with only 2 pitchers.

BushHawg

I still thank God every day that I'm a Hog and not a whorn.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

hognelson

Good job Diamond Hogs.  Now I can sit back and watch Ole Piss beat the snot of the Whorns.

ocelot_ark

I'm referring to the total output of our three major sports teams this year. Not a single one of them made any noise on a national level. That's disappointing to me. Sure, things could have been worse...I just hoped that we would make another cinderella run at the CWS. Hell, we deserve it.

WilsonHog

Charley Boyce kept us in the game against one of the better teams in the country, at their place, for seven-plus innings.

One two freakin' days rest.

Unbelievable job, Charley.

Good season, Hogs.

Bomis Hawg

Disappointing season?  Arkansas wasn't supposed to equal last year, not by a long shot.  After the season took the toll on everything, injuries and suspensions, the team still managed to gut out  decent season when all is considered.

And, to you Charley, I tip my cap.  A true ironman, and what a Hog player is supposed to be.  I hope he and Gentry come back.

ocelot_ark

I'm not referring STRICTLY to baseball. I'm saying that, between football, baseball, and basketball...we made NO NOISE. That's a disappointing season, and it's over. What's so hard to understand?

WilsonHog

Quote from: ocelot_ark on June 06, 2005, 05:02:46 pm
I'm not referring STRICTLY to baseball. I'm saying that, between football, baseball, and basketball...we made NO NOISE. That's a disappointing season, and it's over. What's so hard to understand?

I agree we made no noise in football and basketball.

I disagree that we made no noise in baseball. No, not a return trip to the CWS or even a SuperRegional, but still a season that, given the circumstances, Hog fans can be proud of.  The Diamond Hogs left it all out on the field, and that's about all anyone can ask.

HeathHateMe

These guys definetely showed some testicular fortitude that some of our other programs can learn from.  DVH makes no excuses and this seems to permeate down to the players.  These guys did not quit.  They may have run out of gas, but you get the feeling they left it all out on the field, and did the UofA proud.

Anyone that thinks diferently should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch 8 hours of video of the last half of the basketball season. 
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Lanny

Quote from: HeathHateMe on June 06, 2005, 05:37:38 pm

Anyone that thinks diferently should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch 8 hours of video of the last half of the basketball season.

Geeze, that is some tough punishment, I would prefer to walk on a bed of hot coals then watch the basketball team quit like they did against Auburn and Tennessee.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

tophawg19

this team showed DVH's character  never once did they or he quit . yes they were out gunned by a good texas ball team but i garuntee when they left the field they had the respect of every texas player and coach there . i can say the same for the football team after that loss . the basketball team quit they don't even have our respect and a team tends to show the character of it's coach .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins