Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Hunter go in the first round of the NFL Draft?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, April 18, 2016, 12:29:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

SooiecidetillNuttgone

"Mike Huguenin: Just two tight ends have gone in the first round in the past five drafts, but I think Henry will make it three in six. I can see him going late in the first round, among the final six or seven selections. He's not a great receiver, nor a great blocker. But he is a really good all-around tight end, and those guys are rare coming out of college."

Whaaaattttt??
???

Blocker you can sell me on but not a great receiver?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

a0ashle

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 18, 2016, 12:47:08 pm
"Mike Huguenin: Just two tight ends have gone in the first round in the past five drafts, but I think Henry will make it three in six. I can see him going late in the first round, among the final six or seven selections. He's not a great receiver, nor a great blocker. But he is a really good all-around tight end, and those guys are rare coming out of college."

Whaaaattttt??
???

Yeah I stumbled on that part too.

Overall it's hard to see Henry taken in the first round, but if it happens in picks 25-31 I won't be the least bit surprised. If he lasts past pick 45 I would be surprised.

As fans of this sport we put way too much weight on the "Round" a player is taken, I get that it makes the conversation easier to speak in general cases, but as an example what if Henry is taken with pick 32? There are only 31 picks in the first round this year, but every other year there are 32... you could say being a second round pick means every team passed you up once, but with traded/lost picks, that isn't even true.  25-45 that is where I expect Henry to go and that's a great place to be.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: a0ashle on April 18, 2016, 12:58:00 pm

Yeah I stumbled on that part too.

Overall it's hard to see Henry taken in the first round, but if it happens in picks 25-31 I won't be the least bit surprised. If he lasts past pick 45 I would be surprised.

As fans of this sport we put way too much weight on the "Round" a player is taken, I get that it makes the conversation easier to speak in general cases, but as an example what if Henry is taken with pick 32? There are only 31 picks in the first round this year, but every other year there are 32... you could say being a second round pick means every team passed you up once, but with traded/lost picks, that isn't even true.  25-45 that is where I expect Henry to go and that's a great place to be.

Agree with all you said.
I get how the TE position doesn't get many 1st round picks.

What I don't get are my bonded words from above.
It's like saying, "Other than the fact he's a rapist, thief, and murderer, he's a stand up guy!".

Wow.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Jeter_1

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 18, 2016, 12:47:08 pm

Whaaaattttt??
???

He didn't drop a single pass his Jr. Season. Not. One. Pass.

Dropkick

alohawg

Quote from: Jeter_1 on April 18, 2016, 01:23:39 pm
He didn't drop a single pass his Jr. Season. Not. One. Pass.

Amazing some numbnuts would write that, smh.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

JethroB.

Though getting picked high is better for getting paid up front i believe that it is in his best interest to get put in the best situation for longevity, i.e. DMac going to that dumpster fire in oakland.

DOGALUM

All depends on needs and the amount of importance each team puts on the position. 

He is first round talent.....but beyond that, it's a crap shoot.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SemperHawg

Aside from the moronic "He's not a great pass catcher" comment I generally agree with these guys.  HH is a first round talent, at a position that rarely garners first round consideration. 

As long as he doesn't end up with one of the QB black hole franchises Hunter is going to be an instant impact type of guy.  If he were to end up on a team with a really good QB situation like the Packers he could easily find himself in Offensive Rookie of the Year type of conversations.  He is that good and has the tools to play every down.

wholehog92

He has first round talent.  Who knows if that will mean he is selected.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: DOGALUM on April 18, 2016, 01:53:59 pm
All depends on needs and the amount of importance each team puts on the position. 

He is first round talent.....but beyond that, it's a crap shoot.

This right here. I think he goes 2nd round.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

songofthesword

If the Pat's had a first rounder I would all but guarantee it.

He's gonna go to a tram that uses their te as basically a x received with very little blocking responsibility. Saints, packers, pats

Hogwild

Quote from: songofthesword on April 19, 2016, 09:45:33 am
If the Pat's had a first rounder I would all but guarantee it.

He's gonna go to a tram that uses their te as basically a x received with very little blocking responsibility. Saints, packers, pats

I thought he would be a perfect fit for the Saints (was really hoping for that),  but I was listening to their local Saints radio last month, they said he won't be a Saint.  The Saints after signing Coby Fleener, also decided to match the Bears offer to Hill.  Why match the offer?

The Saints front office felt that Hunter wouldn't be there in the 3rd round, and weren't going to take him in the first two rounds. If the Saints now take a TE it would be on day 3, the TE from Western Kentucky. According to them the Saints' scouts feel the drop off between the two TEs, they like isn't that great, to warrant taking one in the 2nd round vs. 5th/6th round.

root_hawg

Really late first round, I think the question on the not great pass catching hands has to do more with is ability to separate not the actual act of catching the ball