Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FSU QB Jameis Winston

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, December 04, 2013, 08:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

George Schroeder @GeorgeSchroeder  ·  2 hours ago
Breaking from @RachelAxon: FSU code of conduct hearing for Jameis Winston delayed to Dec. 1. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/11/12/jameis-winston-florida-state-hearing-delayed--december-1/18921357/ ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Stewart Mandel @slmandel  ·  2 hours ago
Here's FS1's @writerkev on delayed Jameis Winston code of conduct hearing. http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/florida-state-s-jameis-winston-hearing-delayed-two-weeks-111214 ...

QuoteThe hearing had originally been scheduled for next week, but an attorney advising Winston asked for a delay in the proceedings and it was granted by the retired Florida Supreme Court judge who was brought in to hear the case.

Major Harding, the former judge, pushed it back to Dec. 1 after a conference call Wednesday afternoon with representatives of both Winston and the woman who alleged that he raped her in December 2012, according to a source familiar with the case.

The decision to push back the hearing means that it won't occur until after the Seminoles conclude their regular season Nov. 29. And it's possible that he won't render a decision until after the national championship game on Jan. 12 – although for that to happen would require a number of things to occur....
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  3 hours ago
Florida State running back Karlos Williams won't be charged following domestic battery investigation | http://ow.ly/EbClv

rhog1

Quote from: jbcarol on November 12, 2014, 07:06:31 pm
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  3 hours ago
Florida State running back Karlos Williams won't be charged following domestic battery investigation | http://ow.ly/EbClv
Wow I am totally shocked!!  :o

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  6 hours ago
Two big Ws for FSU today: no charges for Karlos Williams &  Jameis Winston hearing delayed, decision due day after natl title game

jbcarol

Jared Shanker @JShankerESPN  ·  4 hours ago
FSU pres., who began Monday MT @dblackburn: I've already found out a good day at this job is when I don't hear from the athletics director."

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: jbcarol on November 12, 2014, 08:26:43 pm
Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  6 hours ago
Two big Ws for FSU today: no charges for Karlos Williams &  Jameis Winston hearing delayed, decision due day after natl title game

That's funny.  So when he finishes the season, FSU will make a huge spectacle and kick him out of school to save face.  I guess the only race will be if Winston will declare for the draft before or after that happens. 

Do they REALLY think everyone doesn't see through that?  Why not just cancel the hearing and say they put Winston and their football program above everything else, including criminal behavior? 

It's another great recruiting story and tool.  "We may not be able to outrun the law for you, but we can postpone things indefinitely and avoid it."   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

razorbackkid

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 12, 2014, 09:09:38 pm
That's funny.  So when he finishes the season, FSU will make a huge spectacle and kick him out of school to save face.  I guess the only race will be if Winston will declare for the draft before or after that happens. 

Do they REALLY think everyone doesn't see through that?  Why not just cancel the hearing and say they put Winston and their football program above everything else, including criminal behavior? 

It's another great recruiting story and tool.  "We may not be able to outrun the law for you, but we can postpone things indefinitely and avoid it."   

Truth.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 12, 2014, 09:09:38 pm

I'm with ya 100%. If it turns out that Winston was guilty and the school was doing all these delay tactics in order to win games, I would like to see some sort of punishment against the school. This is, in a way, very similar to what happened at Penn St. Not on the scale as Sandusky, but a cover-up did happen. I would expect the same to happen to Vandy as well.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Kevin

fsu is a complete sham. funny how the acc always looked down there nose at the sec, about cheating & academics.

fsu is just riding out winston till the last game, then he leaves nothing done.

unc had a 18 year academic fraud going on.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 12, 2014, 01:30:17 pm
Right, because gobbling up every piece of misinformation from ESPN, TMZ, NYT, etc., makes you informed. Got it.

Is FSU contracting you from the NTYF? (Your comments are standard NTYF material.)  8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 12, 2014, 01:26:35 pm
Well, the State Attorney could find no cause to even charge him, so yes, the rape allegation is bogus, therefore by definition his accuser is not a victim of a crime.

The State Attorney is clueless as well. He is PART of the problem down there....... 8)

The fact remains that Winston is a scumbag. The rest of CFB knows this as well.  8)

Hawg_Thai'd

Only a fool would think that this stuff is black and white (the situation not race). There is definately bribing and money changing hands to both protect Winston and also those trying to pin something on him. I'm talking money on the surface, i.e. lawyer fees/defense expenditures, school expenditures, plantiff's expenditures, etc. Then try and guess how much money the boosters are giving officials to look the other way, cops being bribed, victims being compensated, money being spent to PROVE he did different "crimes" etc. I bet we're talking millions.

I also wonder how many pages this thread will be for this one person who not even remotely related to this program.

I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  49 minutes ago

Incredible. RT @TomJolly: For Florida State football player, a hit-and-run becomes 2 traffic tickets: http://nyti.ms/1x1XE4Q

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  38 minutes ago

FSU is the most corrupt football program of the 21st century. Which is quite an accomplishment.

Remember these are just the FSU police cover ups that we know about. What do we never hear about? Tons more.

Harvey Updyke @Harveyrolltide  ·  32 minutes ago

@ClayTravisBGID RUN FOR PRESIDENT

grayhawg

Wow and to think I pulled for them to beat Auburn because Auburn is dirty. FSU appears just as bad, maybe worse.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jbcarol on November 14, 2014, 01:49:56 pm
Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  49 minutes ago

Incredible. RT @TomJolly: For Florida State football player, a hit-and-run becomes 2 traffic tickets: http://nyti.ms/1x1XE4Q

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  38 minutes ago

FSU is the most corrupt football program of the 21st century. Which is quite an accomplishment.

Remember these are just the FSU police cover ups that we know about. What do we never hear about? Tons more.

Harvey Updyke @Harveyrolltide  ·  32 minutes ago

@ClayTravisBGID RUN FOR PRESIDENT

I read that link and see two things wrong.  A kid leaving the Olive Garden at 2:27 AM??  What Olive Garden is open THAT late?

Also, the FSU player driving a Buick and they want to compete with the SEC?  Shoot go to bama and you'd get a Bentley not a Buick!

jbcarol

Dan Wetzel @DanWetzel  ·  50 minutes ago

85 on scholarship RT @ClayTravisBGID: How many people wreck cars at 2:30 am, flee scene and never get a breathalyzer or field sobriety test?

Onion Sports Network @OnionSports  ·  4 hours ago

Florida State Coaches Award Helmet Sticker To Tallahassee Police Officer http://onion.com/14mJrVF 

jbcarol

Ken Bradley @KenBradleySN  ·  4 minutes ago

Unreal: Florida State fans mark New York Times story as spam http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-11-14/florida-state-fans-block-nyt-story-pj-williams-twitter-spam-new-york-times ... via @SportingNews

jbcarol

Stewart Mandel @slmandel  ·  31 minutes ago
So now FSU is going all in on the NY Times. http://news.fsu.edu/More-FSU-News/Response-to-Nov.-14-New-York-Times-article ...

It seems odd for FSU to issue a response when 98 percent of the story is about the Tallahassee PD. No blame is pinned on FSU that I can tell

secfan30

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 12, 2014, 01:30:17 pm
Right, because gobbling up every piece of misinformation from ESPN, TMZ, NYT, etc., makes you informed. Got it.

Tmz has broken more legitimate news stories here lately than anyone else. Bad decision to throw them up.

jbcarol

Stewart Mandel @slmandel  ·  5 hours ago
The people of Tallahassee would be in safer hands with Frank Drebin.

jbcarol

Danny Kanell @dannykanell  ·  5 hours ago
Congrats @nytimes ... 6 months of digging and you've uncovered such incredibly heinous (sic) acts such as BB gun fights and fender benders.

jbcarol

The Bandit @SwampBandit  ·  5 hours ago
#FSUMedia names new head of North American and Middle East news rooms...

razorbackkid

Quote from: jbcarol on November 14, 2014, 07:43:34 pm
The Bandit @SwampBandit  ·  5 hours ago
#FSUMedia names new head of North American and Middle East news rooms...

excellent....well played sir...well played.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

secfan30

#firsthalfpointshavingbywinstonagain

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 14, 2014, 06:46:48 am
Is FSU contracting you from the NTYF? (Your comments are standard NTYF material.)  8)

Sorry, what's the NTYF? (Seriously, I don't know what that stands for.)

NoNC4Tubs

Criminoles pull one out against another un-ranked opponent......... 8)

Fort Dweller

They covered.  All that matters to me.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

secfan30

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 15, 2014, 11:19:48 pm
26 in a row man.

Against who?

The ACC absolutely sucks. That is why FSU went there instead of the SEC.

Last year's  BCSCG wasn't even against the SEC's best team......... 8)

jbcarol

secfan30

Quote from: jbcarol on November 16, 2014, 11:34:59 am
ESPN CollegeFootball @ESPNCFB  ·  11 hours ago
FSU is the 1st team since the 2005 Bruins to win 3 games after trailing by 15+ points in a single season. #FSUvsMIA

Very interesting

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo  ·  44 minutes ago
Florida St ranks 34th in FBS in Game Control rating (measures how well team controls game from start-finish given schedule). Florida is 35th

The statisticians do not understand all of the aspects of game control.

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo  ·  12 hours ago
Jameis Winston has thrown 8 TD and 9 Int in the 1st half of games this season, but 10 TD and just 3 Int in the 2nd half and OT.

Jameis Winston has 11 interceptions this season on passes 10+ yards downfield, most by any QB on a Power 5 conference team.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 16, 2014, 08:47:31 am
Against who?

The ACC absolutely sucks. That is why FSU went there instead of the SEC.

Last year's  BCSCG wasn't even against the SEC's best team......... 8)

Jimbo is 5-1 against the SEC. And if memory serves we did beat the SEC champ last year. Is the SEC champ no longer the conference's best team?

secfan30

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: secfan30 on November 16, 2014, 12:05:14 pm
#FreeShiesUgoesbackbeforeneondeion

#PatDye
#RedElephntClub
#CharliePell

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 16, 2014, 12:04:42 pm
Jimbo is 5-1 against the SEC. And if memory serves we did beat the SEC champ last year. Is the SEC champ no longer the conference's best team?

It wasn't last year...... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

FSU=Football Scum University

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 16, 2014, 12:04:42 pm
Is anyone on your schedule currently ranked.........?  8)

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 16, 2014, 01:34:48 pm
Is anyone on your schedule currently ranked.........?  8)

Don't know; don't care. The only thing that matters to me is where we're ranked.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 16, 2014, 01:11:35 pm
It wasn't last year...... 8)

Then why didn't we play the SEC's best team? That's right, they lost to the SEC's "not best" team. Got it.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 16, 2014, 02:34:25 pm
Then why didn't we play the SEC's best team? That's right, they lost to the SEC's "not best" team. Got it.

Perhaps you aren't as dumb as you appear after all. Nah!

At least two-thirds of the SEC West would be undefeated with FSU's schedule....... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 16, 2014, 02:31:48 pm
Don't know; don't care. The only thing that matters to me is where we're ranked.
Same thing that TPD, FSUAD and Jimbo says........ 8)

(At least you are consistent as a Criminole fan.)

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 16, 2014, 03:08:20 pm
Perhaps you aren't as dumb as you appear after all. Nah!

At least two-thirds of the SEC West would be undefeated with FSU's schedule....... 8)

Ad hominem is unbecoming. You're better than that.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 16, 2014, 03:10:19 pm
Same thing that TPD, FSUAD and Jimbo says........ 8)

(At least you are consistent as a Criminole fan.)

Interesting - you left out the State's Attorney office. Wouldn't they also be a colluding party? Nah, because history doesn't support that narrative.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 16, 2014, 05:33:43 pm
Interesting - you left out the State's Attorney office. Wouldn't they also be a colluding party? Nah, because history doesn't support that narrative.
Yeah, forgot them. Thanks for pointing that out.

So to correct: Same thing that TPD, FSUAD, AG and Jimbo says........