Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama at Auburn - Who's winning the Iron Bowl and why?

Started by Pecos Hog, November 21, 2017, 10:38:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pecos Hog

It's gonna be close.    Tons of pressure on the coaches on both sides.   I say Auburn because I think they want it more and I'm sensing a little "slipperage" lately in Bama's game.     
Tide      24
Tigers   31

The Kig

Bama has had a ton of season ending injuries that have made their defense vulnerable.  Fitzpatrick is still not 100%.  The newer players may have 5* but it takes time to come together as a unit, so there are still weak spots.

MS ST showed that teams can move the ball and I think Auburn has better offensive players that could put up points on Bama. 

Having said that... this is always a hard hitting game where both teams play well.  Barn has a real shot if they can put 10+ points early.  If it's close in the 4th, I give Bama the edge.
Poker Porker

tusksincolorado

Unfortunately, Barner will expose Bama's depleted LB corp and will win in a close battle.  :puke:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

moses_007

plumbhog

Auburn will treat Bama about the same way they did Georgia.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

userpick

I think i've heard 9 out of 10 people pick Auburn. That alone makes me want to bet Bama.

hogsevenseven

November 24, 2017, 03:38:22 pm #6 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:25:11 pm by hogsevenseven
Nick Saban has never defeated an Auburn team that won nine games, going 0-6 (0-3 at Alabama and 0-3 at LSU).

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/134666/iron-bowl-preview-no-1-alabama-vs-no-6-auburn