Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How bout a "cool flying pics" thread....

Started by fdx flyer, October 04, 2011, 06:06:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rnclittlerock

Pistol Pete

This is our farm in Okolona. The arrow points at my deer stand. The small pond just in front of my stand is my dove watering hole... the (slightly) greenish area between the stand and dove pond, and going to the left... is my dove field/deer food plot.

If any of that make sense

Pistol Pete

An outline of our farm. We're building a lodge there, it's "in the dry" but far from complete.

gotyacovered

That's getting close to my neck of the woods, when you puttin a grass strip in;D
You are what you tolerate.

Pistol Pete

Quote from: gotyacovered on February 15, 2013, 09:47:17 pm
That's getting close to my neck of the woods, when you puttin a grass strip in;D
Not gonna happen there... it's rolling hills. My neighbor (to the right) if you're looking at my deer stand pic... on the left if looking at the other one... has lots of flat and level ground. I've already been bugging him about letting me put a grass strip in. We shall see, that would be too cool!

HawgPilot

The first is a pic of Breckinridge CO and the second one is coming into Salt Lake City for a family ski trip.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pistol Pete

Quote from: HawgPilot on February 18, 2013, 02:58:22 pm
The first is a pic of Breckinridge CO and the second one is coming into Salt Lake City for a family ski trip.

How are you liking the 414?

gotyacovered

Quote from: HawgPilot on February 18, 2013, 02:58:22 pm

thats awesome. great pics. what airport did you fly into for Breck?

totally diff level... but i am leaving tomorrow afternoon for Red River, NM. im still a mountain chicken and flying into Raton and driving the last 45min-hour.

going to Park City for spring break, but flying commercial.

HawgPilot

Quote from: Pistol Pete on February 18, 2013, 04:27:54 pm
How are you liking the 414?

Loving the 414. It has been great so far however, these pics are in a Conquest II that we used because we took another family with us.

HawgPilot

Quote from: gotyacovered on February 18, 2013, 10:33:05 pm
thats awesome. great pics. what airport did you fly into for Breck?

totally diff level... but i am leaving tomorrow afternoon for Red River, NM. im still a mountain chicken and flying into Raton and driving the last 45min-hour.

going to Park City for spring break, but flying commercial.

Actually our path after leaving Garden City KS took us over Breck.  We flew into SLC then drove into Park City. 

Post some pics of NM.  I love flying out West it so beautiful!

rnclittlerock

Agree, my trip home from KSAN was my first at lower altitudes in a small plane out west, was nice to have more interesting scenery than rolling hills and the occasional tire fire, lol.

Nice pics!

gotyacovered

Quote from: HawgPilot on February 19, 2013, 08:01:47 am
Actually our path after leaving Garden City KS took us over Breck.  We flew into SLC then drove into Park City. 

Post some pics of NM.  I love flying out West it so beautiful!

will post plenty of pics.

Garden City! i am actually from Liberal, Kansas... about 50nm south of garden city. still spend a lot of time in great bend, my Unlce/cousin have a farm out there--its where i hunt.

again, great pics... my will be good but not nearly that high;D

GusMcRae

Quote from: GusMcRae on February 14, 2013, 09:23:12 am
Friend's new paint job on his C-210:

Small world. My buddy is stuck in Little Rock,,, ran into icing coming home from picking the plane up.  Not sure where the paint shop was.
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

rnclittlerock

If you wind up stuck in LR on a budget recommend Barrett Aviation at KORK, Harry is good people and the prices won't be as high as they are at Central.

GusMcRae

Quote from: rnclittlerock on February 21, 2013, 09:07:18 am
If you wind up stuck in LR on a budget recommend Barrett Aviation at KORK, Harry is good people and the prices won't be as high as they are at Central.
I will definitely take that under advisement for my own future reference.  This guy's pocket's are pretty deep, although I really don't know if they are at KLIT or somewhere else close by.  He just said "stuck in Little Rock".
They sent me a video of them about to land and there was just one little clear spot on the windshiled about the size of a football where the defroster was actually doing some good on the pilot's side.  The look on his face told me there was a little "cockpit anxiety" going on. 
He said his new paint job is all dirty now. 

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

GusMcRae

Pic of downtown Dallas last month on my way to San Marcos.  ATC let me go through DFW airspace that AM.  Return trip home that same afternoon was when my alternator quit me.  Thank goodness it didn't happen here. 

rnclittlerock

I think it was someone at the American Flyers ground school I went to awhile back that was saying it was near impossible to be more than 20-30nm from an airport in North TX.  Might be private or abandoned or otherwise half assed but there's always somewhere to put it down around there ;).

GusMcRae

Quote from: rnclittlerock on February 25, 2013, 01:32:35 pm
I think it was someone at the American Flyers ground school I went to awhile back that was saying it was near impossible to be more than 20-30nm from an airport in North TX.  Might be private or abandoned or otherwise half assed but there's always somewhere to put it down around there ;).

That's true. But I still would rather not have been looking for somewhere to land while in Class B airspace with no radios and no transponder, while dodging passenger jets flying into and out of DAL and DFW.   

rnclittlerock

Passenger jets are pretty well controlled from my experience, it's the Citations bopping around like so many mosquitoes that are hard for them to keep track of it seems.

gotyacovered

few recent pics...

my alma mater, OBU. changed a lot since i was there...

sunset at M18

sun shining down through some clouds on a lake. bad pic unfortunately. we were just off ruston headed south-southeast. not sure what lake.

final RWY 34 M18 just after the most recent snow from BE58

just off Addison or Love, cant remeber which one, i was at each place within 10 days, either way its looking at the Dallas skyline.

GusMcRae

Had favorable tailwind yesterday.  I know a bunch of you guys probably laugh about me getting excited about 161 kts. 

Air Tractor coming in to land as I was about to take off this morning.

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on April 12, 2013, 12:58:58 pm
Had favorable tailwind yesterday.  I know a bunch of you guys probably laugh about me getting excited about 161 kts. 

Air Tractor coming in to land as I was about to take off this morning.

Gus... That window needs to he cleaned my friend.

RNC

I thought airplane windows came from the factory covered in bugs!

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on April 12, 2013, 10:16:08 pm
Gus... That window needs to he cleaned my friend.

I'm glad y'all didn't see it before I cleaned it that morning.....

gotyacovered

instagram'd... so not completely natural...

cloud gave me the heisman pose on my way home this evening.

if you look at the radar right now (21:32) those tops that are at FL410 right now were non-existent at 15:00 and topped out at 8,000 to 9,000 ft around 17:00; we were cruising at 8,000. by the time we got back they were already approaching the flight levels.

also learned a new item tonight... fun... ask for 10-15* left and right deviation and you can weave thru the tops that were building right before our eyes.

gotyacovered

couple pics from my latest trips...

one of my fav views... a bug smashed windshield with a early morning sunrise.

fog in the valley

http://s991.photobucket.com/user/gotyacovered/media/null-55.jpg.html

GusMcRae

Not so cool pic.
Young pilot, maybe 21 being groomed to eventually work with his dad who is a crop duster here, flipped their C-140, today I think.
Kid is ok, just wounded his pride. 

RNC

GusMcRae

Quote from: RNC on July 02, 2013, 07:10:16 pm
Whoops!

What happened?

He was taking off, had a fair amount of speed built up, and was applying rudder to keep it straight,,, and they think he got on the brakes,,, the kid's got big-ole Sasquatch feet.

gotyacovered

armorelhog

RNC

Thanks, I don't know about these other guys but I usually don't think to take many, I guess we take this sort of thing for granted and other people particularly on their first few rides wind up taking pics for us, lol.

Downtown Little Rock along I630...

A scratch on the window caught the sun just right and made it look like a rocket is launching from the I30 bridge...

gotyacovered

Flying Razorback

Quote from: gotyacovered on August 09, 2013, 02:08:20 pm

That's awesome!  I just flew that one the other day.  Is that from the guys from my squadron who showed up at the Hope Watermelon festival yesterday?
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

gotyacovered

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on August 10, 2013, 12:37:05 pm
That's awesome!  I just flew that one the other day.  Is that from the guys from my squadron who showed up at the Hope Watermelon festival yesterday?

Yep, they looked at me funny when I asked them if they were on hville ;D

Flying Razorback

Quote from: gotyacovered on August 11, 2013, 07:27:38 am
Yep, they looked at me funny when I asked them if they were on hville ;D

That's awesome.  I'll have to get on one of these Hope trips.  We actually have 4 or 5 U of A grads in our squadron or that fly with us from the Wing.  I think I'm the only one here on Hogville though.  I saw that the crew brought themselves back watermelons too.  I'm glad you were there and got to see the J model.  It's a sweet bird.

gotyacovered

GusMcRae

Class Bravo after departing KADS.  Dallas at 2500 - 3500'.
Dallas Love
Dallas Skyline
Cowboy Stadium off in the ditance
Downtown Ft Worth

gotyacovered

RNC

Hazy sunset over the Buffalo River last week.  There are some awfully cool spots out there people have, with cabins up on the mountain tops.

gotyacovered

Hankweb

Monarch and Vellicito

Hankweb

Tip of Mesa Verde and Bruce Spruce Ranch at the head of the Pagosa valley just after exiting Wolf Creek pass

Flying Razorback

That's awesome.  Flying was made for out west.

gotyacovered

Hankweb

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 09, 2013, 07:18:42 am
Wow, stunning pics.

Not due to any photographic talent I promise!....but the one of Bruce Spruce may be the best photo I've ever taken. So beautiful it almost looks fake.
I do love the west.

GusMcRae

October 16, 2013, 08:15:02 pm #246 Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:48:19 am by GusMcRae
Couple of pics from Ruidoso. Golf course is Rainmaker, other is the valley just East of Ruidoso.
There, I fixed it.

Flying Razorback

Looks like you were doing some aerobatics while snapping the pics!

GusMcRae

Haha.  Loaded them from my iPad. Didn't realize how they loaded.  It wasn't that wild of a departure out of SRR.

GusMcRae

A Stinson L-13 was at F05 a few days ago.  I did a search and ran across this video which appears to be the same plane taking off from OSH. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXgl6HqZBTY