Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Attendance Ranks

Started by wonderboys, June 08, 2017, 10:08:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderboys

woodhog14

Quote from: wonderboys on June 08, 2017, 10:08:16 am
I'm not sure this is accurate.

I never thought Ole Miss or MSU had larger numbers than the hogs.

http://www.scout.com/college/west-virginia/forums/4582-big12-conference/15436697-2017-baseball-attendance-report

Ole Miss has had bigger numbers than us the last few years since they have done renovations lately. State has always had a larger stadium as far as capacity than us, it was just a matter of filling it.

- State has the largest NCAA on campus regular season game attendance record of 15,586 in 2014.
- State has the largest NCAA on campus Super Regional attendance record of 13,715 in 2007.
- Arkansas had the 3rd largest NCAA on campus Super Regional attendance record of 12,167 in 2015.

RazorPiggie

We had some pretty crappy weather weekends.

Baconomics

I wouldn't go watch a Vanderbilt game either with those fools whistling through the entire affair.

jry04

Quote from: RazorPiggie on June 08, 2017, 11:51:27 am
We had some pretty crappy weather weekends.
I was just about to say this. I remember when Rhode Island came it was in the 30s-40s because they made such a huge deal about how it was in the 60s in RI, but really cold here. Then you have the Mississippi State series being played in the middle of the NCAAT, with the Hogs playing on the same day as 2 of the games. I get they weren't at the exact time, but I know a lot of big baseball fans who stayed home to watch the tournament, or were too intoxicated to get to the baseball game because they were at a watch party for basketball. The Ole Miss series was rain all weekend, with a double header starting in the early afternoon on a Friday. On top of all of that, two of our 5 weekend series were Thursday starts. Overall, we had some pretty odd circumstances that hurt attendance and still finished top 5.