Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks Hogs

Started by Porked Tongue, June 05, 2017, 09:26:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

Good season.  Fun team.

No reason to think anything but.

returntoglory

Amen. We lost two of our best pitchers before the season and had every chance to make it to supers. Happy for our guys.

HogFansReunited

Who here actually expected us to host a regional this year? Just glad for the great memories this team gave me. WPS!!!
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PigDaddyKane

Proud of them for the effort. Great bounce back from last year.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

jimmur74

Pitching really was outstanding. We just ran out of gas bat wise

grayhawg

Thanks Baseball Hogs for another exciting season. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HamIAm

Thanks to the players for a great year.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: returntoglory on June 05, 2017, 09:26:59 pm
Amen. We lost two of our best pitchers before the season and had every chance to make it to supers. Happy for our guys.

Great point.  Heck of a season, and even better when you consider the losses of Campbell, McKinney, and Scroggins.  Two weekend starters and a closer would be hard for anyone to replace.  DVH did a hell of a job.

Hawgzinbowlz

Very good season...

" GO OMAHOGS "

Baconomics

My first year with season tickets.  What a ride!  Excited about the future.  Go Hogs!

WBOBO

Very proud of this team.  Look forward to next season.  GHG
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

jry04

We were a year ahead of schedule. Most predicted a 2 or 3 seed. Some said miss the tourney coming into the season. We pushed for a national seed and the West division. We were a base hit from potentially winning the SEC tournament and a base hit in the 7th from winning this regional. Timely hitting escaped us late,  but next year we will be even better.

thebignasty

Needed this to wash out last year.  Thankful for hog baseball.

Porkette

Thank you to our guys.  Razorback baseball has been giving me some of my best memories as a hog fan. It was a pleasure to watch this team this year and soak up the unbeatable atmosphere of a Fayetteville regional once again.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
GO HOGS GO!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: jry04 on June 05, 2017, 09:46:27 pm
We were a year ahead of schedule. Most predicted a 2 or 3 seed. Some said miss the tourney coming into the season. We pushed for a national seed and the West division. We were a base hit from potentially winning the SEC tournament and a base hit in the 7th from winning this regional. Timely hitting escaped us late,  but next year we will be even better.

Considering what we lost before the season started, there is no way I expected us to be a top 20 team and a regional host. I still think MSU wouldn't have a chance against us this year in a 3 game series but they beat us today. That's baseball.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: jimmur74 on June 05, 2017, 09:36:20 pm
Pitching really was outstanding. We just ran out of gas bat wise

Perfect summary. Our pitchers absolutely gutted it out. Proud of those guys!

At the plate, they dominated us. They'd give us some hope (a few base runners here and there) then promptly slam our wieners in the door!

Nevertheless...WOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOIEEEE! Fun getting this far.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

russdog11

They didnt dominate us at the plate, we out hit them    their hit just came at the right time

311Hog

Quote from: HogsonHicks on June 05, 2017, 09:41:39 pm
Great point.  Heck of a season, and even better when you consider the losses of Campbell, McKinney, and Scroggins.  Two weekend starters and a closer would be hard for anyone to replace.  DVH did a hell of a job.

I found it funny that through out all this regional coverage I never heard anyone mention these losses.  Did they not get the memo?  I think it is crazy to have lost those players and still win 40+ games.

southarkhog06

Quote from: 311Hog on June 05, 2017, 10:01:25 pm
I found it funny that through out all this regional coverage I never heard anyone mention these losses.  Did they not get the memo?  I think it is crazy to have lost those players and still win 40+ games.
Great job by the players and coaches, that is for sure.

Pancetta

GUTS. This is what colege athletics is all about. You face adversity and you battle through it and if you go down then you go down fighting with everything you've got. I think some men were made this season.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: thebignasty on June 05, 2017, 09:48:10 pm
Needed this to wash out last year.  Thankful for hog baseball.
This.
Sure it's disappointing now.
But you have to look at from a PRESEASON perspective.
Anyone in the preseason would have taken what transpired this year in a heartbeat.
Besides the Omaha years, this was one of the best Hog years in the Van Horn era.
44 wins. SEC Tourney runner-up finish. 4th in the SEC. 2nd in the West. Hosted a Regional. #12 national ranking.

Great year.

SamBuckhart

Wooo Pig! Thanks to the team for a fun season.  GO HOGS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Porked Tongue on June 05, 2017, 09:26:21 pm
Good season.  Fun team.

No reason to think anything but.

Yep. This team washed away last season's memory, and made Razorback Baseball once again what it should be. So many fine memories from this season.

Best wishes to all those taking their leave ... be well and do well. You were a blast to watch and cheer for.
To those returning, let's meet in February at Baum Stadium and do it again.

Woo Pig. This Is Baseball.

HawginFL1991

Really proud of this group of guys. They were a lot of fun to watch all year. I am really looking forward to seeing what they look like next season. In spite of the pieces we are losing, we are positioned well to be a team with high expectations, and to make a deep run.  WPS!!  :razorback:

DeltaBoy

Tough loss but a great season!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig Power

One of the best baseball seasons ever. Had the whole run of emotions, ups and downs, wins (more) and (less)losses. Perfect blend of intrigue and excitement. WPS!!!!! Can't wait until 2018

DoubleReedHawgCaller

It was a heck of a year. You couldn't ask for a much better turnaround from last year. Thanks for the pbp and the memories Omahogs!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

FraggleHog

Yep... Not bad for a team projected to finish 10th in the league and lost 2 pitchers that were in the weekend rotation prior to the season starting... 26 wins to 45 wins. No reason to be down at all. Future (as it always has been) is very bright. I was very pleased with the staff moves in the offseason. Pitching was much improved. Look forward to getting healthy and reloading.

Proud of the Diamond Hog Program... Definitely one of the most consistent and sustainable athletic programs on campus!

Wooo Pig...

On to Football!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

LRHawg

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on June 05, 2017, 10:45:30 pm
4th in the SEC. 2nd in the West.

As far as I'm concerned, we were #2 right behind LSU at the conclusion of the year. We beat the sandals off of Florida and could have done the same to KY, the way we were playing in the tournament. We also were a meltdown away from beating LSU and winning the regular season SEC West title as well. Just my .02.

Hog in Iowa

I, too, want to say a big "THANK YOU" to the coaches and players.  This year has been an incredibly fun one.  There were highs and lows just like there are every season, but you did yourselves proud by gutting through it and never giving up.  The fans showed they are right there with you and did their part with the support they showed.  Thanks to the seniors and juniors who have played their last game as a Hog and I hope you each have fond memories of your time spent on the hill.  Once a Hog, always a Hog! :razorback:
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Hawgphish

Great team.  I miss it already.  Looking forward to next year.

rhog1

Great season. The Highlight for me was that Breakfast at Baum game. I nearly woke the house up after 2am yelling during that. This season was a great return to form.

Kevin

Quote from: rhog1 on June 07, 2017, 06:01:16 pm
Great season. The Highlight for me was that Breakfast at Baum game. I nearly woke the house up after 2am yelling during that. This season was a great return to form.

I still have not recovered from that sunday night/Monday morning game.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22