Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NO TV tonight per Wholehog

Started by bighog2255, June 05, 2017, 02:36:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighog2255

@wholehogsports
The Arkansas-Missouri State game tonight will begin at 6 o'clock on http://ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app.

SPAL

theFlyingHog

What a joke. They're missing a great rivalry growing in the foothills

NEA_HogFan

Any Directv people use the watch ESPN app? Do you have to have ATT internet bundled with it to use WatchESPN? When I open the app, go to choose my provider, , click on Directv,  it ask for my ATT login??

theFlyingHog

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on June 05, 2017, 02:50:37 pm
Any Directv people use the watch ESPN app? Do you have to have ATT internet bundled with it to use WatchESPN? When I open the app, go to choose my provider, , click on Directv,  it ask for my ATT login??
I think your directv login would work?

NEA_HogFan

JHGiunta

U must register your account with directv online. Once that is done, it will work. Directv is owned by ATT so that is why the name confusion.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: JHGiunta on June 05, 2017, 02:55:46 pm
U must register your account with directv online. Once that is done, it will work. Directv is owned by ATT so that is why the name confusion.

Register it how?

CJ HOG

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on June 05, 2017, 03:14:03 pm
Register it how?
I called DirectTV to straighten out that same confusion when I switched from Uverse to direct but still had internet from AT&T. It was a slight headache for a minute.

311Hog

Quote from: CJ HOG on June 05, 2017, 03:18:01 pm
I called DirectTV to straighten out that same confusion when I switched from Uverse to direct but still had internet from AT&T. It was a slight headache for a minute.

I haven't switched from Uverse though they have been trying to get me to.  Like Directtv so far ? or wish you had stayed with Uverse

RagingHawgOn

Pisses me off no TV tonight.  I'm old (and a technology idiot) but we do not have wi fi so my data is eaten up with a game.

No way around that I suppose?

fishes2000

So no ESPNU like I heard on the radio at lunch?

moses_007

ESPN3 is TV.  It's the internet version of ESPN.  I've watched most of the entire regional on it, via my Roku.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: moses_007 on June 05, 2017, 03:26:50 pm
ESPN3 is TV.  It's the internet version of ESPN.  I've watched most of the entire regional on it, via my Roku.
It's not TV.  You can stream it to your TV, but it's not TV.

CJ HOG

Quote from: 311Hog on June 05, 2017, 03:20:09 pm
I haven't switched from Uverse though they have been trying to get me to.  Like Directtv so far ? or wish you had stayed with Uverse
Other than the occasional loss of signal during a heavy storm(doesn't happen often here in Central AR unlike when I was in D.C. area it seemed to) it's been good. Got more DVR capabilities, more channels, and saved some $$$.

It's  my understanding that one way or another Uverse will be gone at some point anyway. AT&T isn't taking new subscribers only servicing existing ones, which they're trying  to squeeze out by higher costs or diminishing services I imagine. Either way it's probably a good idea to start looking for an alternative at some point.

CJ HOG

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on June 05, 2017, 03:32:27 pm
I use Chromecast Ultra($45 device) and watch on the big screen. Best money I ever spent for watching sports streaming as it rarely has an issue. You can even use an Ethernet connection if your WiFi is less than adequate.

MSUDuo

ESPN is TV. ESPN 3 is their app version. Just like HBO, Starz, AMC, etc. Can't think of anyone who wouldn't call those TV

theFlyingHog

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 05, 2017, 03:46:59 pm
ESPN is TV. ESPN 3 is their app version. Just like HBO, Starz, AMC, etc. Can't think of anyone who wouldn't call those TV
Me.  ;)

I figure it uses internet instead of that satellite on my roof

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: JHGiunta on June 05, 2017, 02:55:46 pm

This. Go to Directv and create an online account with them outside of your bundle.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

jst01

yeaaaaa...if you get access to ESPN 3 from paying your TV bill(espn), then ESPN 3 is in fact TV.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: jst01 on June 05, 2017, 03:52:03 pm
yeaaaaa...if you get access to ESPN 3 from paying your TV bill(espn), then ESPN 3 is in fact TV.
Unless you live where internet isn't available and cell service is no bueno. 
It's not TV if you have to have something other than just the TV service to access it.

I know I'm splitting hairs and shouldn't live out in the country, but just playing devil's advocate here.  No big deal.

311Hog

Quote from: CJ HOG on June 05, 2017, 03:39:37 pm
Other than the occasional loss of signal during a heavy storm(doesn't happen often here in Central AR unlike when I was in D.C. area it seemed to) it's been good. Got more DVR capabilities, more channels, and saved some $$$.

It's  my understanding that one way or another Uverse will be gone at some point anyway. AT&T isn't taking new subscribers only servicing existing ones, which they're trying  to squeeze out by higher costs or diminishing services I imagine. Either way it's probably a good idea to start looking for an alternative at some point.

Thanks for the info you feel like you got more channels in HD ? i hear the same thing with no new subscribers etc.  Though i have been with Uverse for awhile and my package is decently priced and at least for awhile it has not changed and i was "told" that it wouldnt as long as i didnt change my package.  Get all channels but epix and a few others, highest internet etc. bundled with my cell phones is still a pretty penny so i have been looking at possible alternatives.

It seemed like the same tv package i have now with DirectTv was approx the same price as i am currently paying, but with a 2 year price limit so after 2 years you know gotta renegotiate or change service.

Could always cut the cord to i guess.

CJ HOG

Quote from: 311Hog on June 05, 2017, 03:59:27 pm
Thanks for the info you feel like you got more channels in HD ? i hear the same thing with no new subscribers etc.  Though i have been with Uverse for awhile and my package is decently priced and at least for awhile it has not changed and i was "told" that it wouldnt as long as i didnt change my package.  Get all channels but epix and a few others, highest internet etc. bundled with my cell phones is still a pretty penny so i have been looking at possible alternatives.

It seemed like the same tv package i have now with DirectTv was approx the same price as i am currently paying, but with a 2 year price limit so after 2 years you know gotta renegotiate or change service.

Could always cut the cord to i guess.
Yes, every HD that's available.

It does get more complicated when you have to assess your TV, Internet, Cell phones, land lines and the contracts involved for each or some combination of it all for sure.

In my future I see the cord cutting a high likelihood. Maybe go to a prepaid cellphone, Internet service, an antenna, and Apple TV (or something similar). ATM you either have to pay for a lot of stuff you don't want/need just to get what you do, and some of what you do want/need isn't available as a stand alone item. If it wasn't for trying to keep up with a variety of sporting events it would be a lot easier for  sure imo. It's the price you pay I guess...lol.

Bogghawg

Aside from the fascinating (no sarcasm, it is fascinating) discussion on satellite providers and apps, are we sure it isn't on ESPNU?  I keep hearing it is and the TV guide and the Watch ESPN app both just show they're showing a game from the regionals but didn't say which one.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

razoredge178

Quote from: moses_007 on June 05, 2017, 03:26:50 pm

I snagged up the Roku Express for $29.99 at Best Buy last week, and now have got to watch two games (FRI and Sunday 2nd game) vs. nothing. Why in the world I waited so long to make a $30 purchase is..well...

Craig O Squeal

The problem being...you have 900 ESPN options. There isn't ONE SLOT available for this game? Put it on one of the extra SEC Network channels. Put it on ESPN News, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, hell, put it on the Ocho!

oldbear

My guide shows Auburn on both ESPN 2 and U. It can't be both. Not sure what else they are showing. I also just looked up the upcoming events for ESPN networks and it doesn't show what games for either channel just that they will be showing games.

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

SEC Network will be showing the Kentucky game so only option now is ESPNU picking it up.

PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

Tejano Jawg

If something changes, please let us know.

I much prefer the tube—my Philco Predicta with rabbit ears. But my 7th grader's iPad—with the current operating system—did come through for me last night.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

RaisinHog

It's total crap that there are open slots on the networks but they want show our game ..

Tejano Jawg

Yeah, this was brought up last night. Why the H aren't they utilizing the SEC "alternate" channels? Isn't that what they are there for?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

311Hog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 05, 2017, 05:06:16 pm
Yeah, this was brought up last night. Why the H aren't they utilizing the SEC "alternate" channels? Isn't that what they are there for?

i could understand if there weren't SEC network personnel, on air hosts etc. at the location but the guys are sitting there and have been on tv already. Flip the switch turn on the games all the games.

jfred59

Just checked the ESPN3 site and it says ESPNU!!!!

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

HoopS

Dirty

theFlyingHog

Yeah once watching the Floriguh game and it shows us being on the U

hog.goblin

Did you get it working?

I have DIRECTV and Cox Internet.  When I stream a new device (Roku, Fire Stick, phone, Xbox) I just choose DIRECTV on the devices setup and then log in to verify the account.

I think Apple TV was the only device I had to go to my computer for to do any work to process with a code.

ChicoHog

I've had DirecTV for 17 years.  I love being able to watch the ESPN app on the TV now vs just the computer. My internet service is AT&T DSL so its not the best for streaming.  I should switch to Comcast for internet but I like having my land line, cell phone and internet all AT&T.  Just an old fool I guess. 

scorpigoh

Thank you all for the info and links. I now get the game. :razorback: