Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great talent and recruiting don't always make great teams

Started by tophawg19, September 24, 2016, 07:49:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

watching Georgia and the LSU and Auburn play is baffling . How can so much talent on those offenses be so incompetent ? Auburn's coach is just playing for field goal's with an army of talent . On Paper these are fantastic teams . On the field you have two paper tigers and a paper bull dog . Based on recruiting , we should have no chance . Based on coaching and player quality, i have to like our chances . Not one of these teams have an offensive identity that they can count on. LSU has a loaded O-line and great RB's but no idea how to use them. That offense hasn't scored a 4th quarter point this season. I was honestly worried about LSU at the start of the season with the coaching changes but they remain the same QB less team
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

elksnort

tophawg19

Stanford , Louisville , Wisconsin and to some extent Arkansas disagree . great coaching overcomes great talent that is misused . IF Auburn wins that will be the ugliest worst job of winning a game in history . LSU is killing themselves and Auburn is playing for field goals . Neither team has any ''GO TO'' PLAN to score
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 24, 2016, 07:59:28 pm
Stanford , Louisville , Wisconsin and to some extent Arkansas disagree . great coaching overcomes great talent that is misused . IF Auburn wins that will be the ugliest worst job of winning a game in history . LSU is killing themselves and Auburn is playing for field goals . Neither team has any ''GO TO'' PLAN to score

LSU and auburn have poor offense coaching staffs. Both schools do have a good defense.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ChicoHog

Neither team has a QB that works in their offense.  That is huge.  Put Lamar Jackson on Auburn and they may be undefeated.  Thank god they don't have him. 

thefisher

Totally agree with the op premise.

Consider Notre Dame and Texas the last three years.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

lefty08

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 24, 2016, 10:04:33 pm
Neither team has a QB that works in their offense.  That is huge.  Put Lamar Jackson on Auburn and they may be undefeated.  Thank god they don't have him.

Put that guy on many teams and they are undefeated.......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged