Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas' tackling stat

Started by JHicks3636, September 24, 2016, 07:01:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

For all the complaining about the team's tackling, one of the pre-game shows pointed out that Arkansas has been credited with only 8 missed tackles this year. That ranks 3rd best in the NCAA.

Razorbacks#1

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DoctorSusscrofa

Are you going to listen to people who do analysis, or Hogville?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

tophawg19

they need to do a recount on the LA TECH game then . if they are saying 2.6 per game , they are bad wrong . I remember 1 play where we had 3 missed . I don't know what they count but if you have a chance to make a tackle and miss or just touch the ball carrier , that to me counts
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jcbville

Fans do tend to exaggerate how many missed tackles they "see"

WorfHog

Quote from: jcbville on September 24, 2016, 07:17:25 pm
Fans do tend to exaggerate how many missed tackles they "see"

Fans also drink heavily during games. I know I do.

tophawg19

BS  if the player misses a tackle , it's not hard to see . the other guy is still running . We made LA TECH look good with those quick passes and our misses giving them extra YAC

rljjr

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

jcbville

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 24, 2016, 07:23:19 pm
BS  if the player misses a tackle , it's not hard to see . the other guy is still running . We made LA TECH look good with those quick passes and our misses giving them extra YAC

So just so we're clear...you're saying the official stats are wrong?

tophawg19

try watching the games . even CBB said we have too many missed tackles . When have you ever seen a game where a team had just 3 missed tackles ? hell when you get run over and the guy's still running, that's a missed tackle

tophawg19

we've probably had at least 8 missed sacks . you get a hand on the qb but not a tackle . that is a missed tackle . look at the low number of tackles for loss . we are getting to them but not closing the deal with the first guy