Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Less that 12 hours.....Observations.

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, September 24, 2016, 08:41:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Under 12 hours until the Thunderdome match between us and aTm.

Observations:

Finebaum has already picked aTm at 0730 this morning.

Very little actual discussion about the Arkansas-aTm game. Commentators seem to be bucking up all of aTm's question marks, while not discussing any of the strengths of the Razorbacks. One even said that Vegas rarely makes mistakes. GTFO. Ridiculous.

National media is in the middle of the Tennessee love-fest for the second time in three weeks. (Even though they've escaped with their lives in all three games this year). I think Florida mauls the Tenner offense today.

This is my non-signature signature.

razorsharptusk

The Tenner love will be over if Florida beat them today.  Next three games get no easier for them.  I just hope the Hogs are the topic of conversation after a win tonight.  Seem's some want to jump in the boat with the Hogs, but need a little more convincing.  Like me, I want to see the Hogs win these games they are not picked to and usually drop.  We will have to in order to get the attention and confidence back of the national media that we are a contender.  Tonight's game carries SO much weight.
GO HOGS!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 24, 2016, 08:41:07 am

Observations:

Very little actual discussion about the Arkansas-aTm game. Commentators seem to be bucking up all of aTm's question marks, while not discussing any of the strengths of the Razorbacks. One even said that Vegas rarely makes mistakes. GTFO. Ridiculous.

National media is in the middle of the Tennessee love-fest for the second time in three weeks. (Even though they've escaped with their lives in all three games this year). I think Florida mauls the Tenner offense today.

Completely agree.  Finebomb can be disgusting, as he was this morning.

nchogg

Großer Kriegschwein

Arkansas and Tennessee are both on the build. Tennessee seems to get more exposure in the commentary. Hopefully we flip that on its head with us winning today and them only scoring 10 points and getting beat by Florida (without their starting QB). Will do us nothing but good when the Gators come to Fayetteville.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 24, 2016, 08:58:18 am

If we win he will be on our nuts hard...

a0ashle

One even said that Vegas rarely makes mistakes. GTFO. Ridiculous.

They really said this? That's ignorant. I don't even know what Vegas being right all the time would look like. Is it a push on every game? A line that never moves?

Cinco de Hogo

On one show I was listening to on Sirus all four pundits picked Arkansas.  Lou Holtz picked aTm so we have that going for us. 😉

The game is recognized as the most important game of the week but there are a lot of intriguing matchup.  Some very important games for the residing coaches.

I hope both Tenner and Ole Piss lose so the can shut up about them and it's nice that we play Florida anyway so it doesn't hurt us for Ole Puss to lose.

Will FSU bounce back???  Don't care!😉

hobhog

I like being under the radar.

If UT loses today the meltdown will be epic. I'm a sicko so I'll pull for gators just so I can watch...

5HOG5

Im very optimistic and confident the hogs will win this one! A&M needs a good azz whipping just like TCU did!

elkhog

I don't know who is going to win, but I do feel this game will define the rest of the season.
GO HOGS!!!

RaisinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 24, 2016, 09:15:30 am
On one show I was listening to on Sirus all four pundits picked Arkansas.  Lou Holtz picked aTm so we have that going for us. 😉

The game is recognized as the most important game of the week but there are a lot of intriguing matchup.  Some very important games for the residing coaches.

I hope both Tenner and Ole Piss lose so the can shut up about them and it's nice that we play Florida anyway so it doesn't hurt us for Ole Puss to lose.

Will FSU bounce back???  Don't care!😉

Idk I wana see Georgia get beat cause I think it's funny they ran Rich off and cause Chaneys offence sucks so bad

Rayzback

September 24, 2016, 10:01:15 am #12 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:23:07 am by Rayzback
Even SEC Now last night was a joke. When they did briefly mention the game, it was all Tamu love. Their amazing QB, NFL bookends, improved defensive line, and new found running game vs the Razorbacks. Chris Doering's first player of the week pick was AA which was not a compliment because, as he puts it, his other picks were already taken. Later he picks Tamu to win?  Booger at least called it a close game for what it's worth. Not that we need the "analyst" individual accolades, we just need this TEAM to beat the those Aggies.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

greenie

We are totally being dismissed by the Game Day crew and most of the ESPN crowd.  A win sure would be satisfying.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: greenie on September 24, 2016, 10:10:25 am
We are totally being dismissed by the Game Day crew and most of the ESPN crowd.  A win sure would be satisfying.

After watching a Herbie interview at about 730 this morning, I opted to watch Toy Story with my twins for the 3000th time. Get more enjoyment out of it.

Someone needs to work up the stats on the history of the Gameday-picked-underdog winning games that Tessitore is announcing.

swinesation

Observations:

Not to be a hater, but we escaped with our lives in two of our wins...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: swinesation on September 24, 2016, 11:06:17 am
Not to be a hater, but we escaped with our lives in two of our wins...

So did the Aggies.

ChiTown27

I hate to say this, but media will ALWAYS gravitate towards larger markets, so long as it doesn't COMPLETELY discredit them, as advertising is what pays their bills. In this case, we have Texas market vs Arkansas market. Think about it. Why did Notre Dame get so much preseason love? Why did Michigan immediately leap to top five? When was the last time a Florida school wasn't top ten (they don't have a choice now because FSU got crushed!)? Texas Longhorn love was resurfacing early on. Why? It's not unlike presidential politics. Placate to the most people you can, and get the most votes.....which translates to $$$, but maintain some credibility. If you must speak out against the larger crowd, make sure it's a safe comment that everyone already knows. Otherwise, pander to them. Stroke their egos. Sell papers, magazines, ads! Even if you're wrong, you still get paid.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

HotlantaHog

Quote from: ChiTown27 on September 24, 2016, 11:14:14 am
I hate to say this, but media will ALWAYS gravitate towards larger markets, so long as it doesn't COMPLETELY discredit them, as advertising is what pays their bills. In this case, we have Texas market vs Arkansas market. Think about it. Why did Notre Dame get so much preseason love? Why did Michigan immediately leap to top five? When was the last time a Florida school wasn't top ten (they don't have a choice now because FSU got crushed!)? Texas Longhorn love was resurfacing early on. Why? It's not unlike presidential politics. Placate to the most people you can, and get the most votes.....which translates to $$$, but maintain some credibility. If you must speak out against the larger crowd, make sure it's a safe comment that everyone already knows. Otherwise, pander to them. Stroke their egos. Sell papers, magazines, ads! Even if you're wrong, you still get paid.
Yeah, I think this is right --there will always be a bias toward the larger markets, understandably so.

ChiTown27

This is also why we could win B2B Nattys and still face an uphill battle in recruiting long-term.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Locutus_of_Boar

Finebaum's only reason for picking games where he has no idea who will win is to motivate the fans to call his show.  He knows exactly how to motivate Bammers and Aubies and Vols, less so other SEC fanbases though even with the Aggies and Mizzou fans he has some idea of what works but he's never found the right way to get the attention of the vast majority of Arkansas fans so what you tend to get is he ends up working this week's Arkansas opponent fans either to butter them up or to bug them.  He knows the Aggies are headed to another fall sometime soon but he'll pump them up till he's ready to cut them down either right before or right after the A&M-Bama game.

Hog N Bama

he must have farted his prediction cause we all know his head was up Bama's

Pig Worshipper

Listened to the IMG Sports Florida Gator pregame today and they did their picks for the SEC games still on tap. All three guys picked A&M and said they were the second best team in the West this year,

Rayzback

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 24, 2016, 03:50:50 pm
Listened to the IMG Sports Florida Gator pregame today and they did their picks for the SEC games still on tap. All three guys picked A&M and said they were the second best team in the West this year,

At least we won't be forced to rewatch any Tenner lovin highlights from the first half, there weren't any.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Hog Villager

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 24, 2016, 10:18:48 am
Someone needs to work up the stats on the history of the Gameday-picked-underdog winning games that Tessitore is announcing.

https://gamedaycole.com/

There ya go.  :)
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

hogwxld

Quote from: Hog Villager on September 24, 2016, 04:54:39 pm
https://gamedaycole.com/

There ya go.  :)

Hope CLint was just playing the non - homer angle and doesnt really believe the aggies win. That actually hurt a little Cint.

razortaz

I want this so bad but if not its not the end of the season i still think we win no less than 9 this year