Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A win tomorrow brings...

Started by NorCalRazorback, September 23, 2016, 10:33:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JOKERHOG

college game day in 2 weaks.  BB needs this win
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Hog N Bama

Quote from: LZH on September 24, 2016, 01:50:10 pm
When World War II was over, my dad spent a few years as a Miracle Maid cookware salesman and regional manager for the Upper Midwest (long ways from air conditioning right? - but he said that is how he learned to sell).

Anyway, I was complaining that Hatfield was signing some good recruits but teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska were getting all of the studs, including Keith Jackson who was my age or a year older. I made the remark that Fayetteville is (was) just a bump on top of a hill with a high school stadium and a few thousand fans every other Saturday. He looked at me kind of pissed off and said "have you ever been to Lincoln Nebraska? Son, good coaches and good players win football games, not the cities where they are located."

I immediately knew what he meant. And it has stuck with me to this very day.
I HAVE been to Lincoln, NE and I can confirm it IS a DUMP. BOOOORRRIINNNGG

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 24, 2016, 03:28:41 pm
I HAVE been to Lincoln, NE and I can confirm it IS a DUMP. BOOOORRRIINNNGG

Lincoln may be boring to some people but it is far form a dump.  It's what it is a ag city on the plains that also happens to have the state university.   You would likely starve to death if such cities didn't exist because they come to being to support places food comes from.

WorfHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 24, 2016, 06:14:55 pm
Lincoln may be boring to some people but it is far form a dump.  It's what it is a ag city on the plains that also happens to have the state university.   You would likely starve to death if such cities didn't exist because they come to being to support places food comes from.

DUMP I only eat locally sourced food.  ;)