Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A win tomorrow brings...

Started by NorCalRazorback, September 23, 2016, 10:33:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCalRazorback

Share your Point of View.  My view is that because this is a National TV Primetime game and after we win, we obviously will move up the polls.  Question is if we eek out a win, do we move 3 or 4 spots.  On the other hand if we win by 10 or more, we may move to the Top 10.  By winning, we also jump up big time in the minds of top recruits.  We already have a great recruiting class, but winning this game will get us possibly a few more 5 Star recruits, and 4 or 5 more 4 Star recruits.  Why?  Because we highlight our spread of the ball to our receivers - we have a bunch of senior receivers and some highly rated receivers will see that and get on the bus.  Also if we win by 10 or more that means our DB's and Safeties played well and other recruits will see the press coverage and want to come to Arkansas (we all know that the best corners are attracted to press/man coverage because that's what it takes in the NFL).  Also and VERY IMPORTANTLY a win gives us the most important thing we need:  BIG TIME MOMENTUM and sets us on course for 5-0 going into the home game against Al-Obama.  If we are HOT going into that game, and as I predicted in my annual forecast we will beat Al-Obama.

Our guys will be focused, and we should travel well with our fans.  I think our offense is ahead of last year (hopefully our O-Line will hold up) because I think Austin has shown more poise at this point in the season that BA showed at this point last season.

What other benefits from the win do we get in your opinion?
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HardCore

Much needed payback.....sick of losing to those turds
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

razorbackkid

I think we'll win the game, but what happens afterward is just silly to speculate about.  We have many more games to play.  We win in Arlington and we gain respect and recognition. 

A win tomorrow allows the talking heads to either promote Arkansas or belittle A&M.  As long as we win I could not care less whether they belittle A&M or not.

:razorback:

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

TheRazorback500

National TV exposure and a warm fuzzy feeling for the next two weeks.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 23, 2016, 10:54:31 pm
... just silly to speculate...

I don't really use the word "silly" when I talk about our beloved Razorbacks... This whole board, that's right Hogville, shows millions of "silly" speculations.  Why not let it go bro' and have some fun one time - and also - realize that the SEC network and ESPN both have talked about what the win means to the Razorbacks.  We get more from the win than Texas A&M. 
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Hogs-n-Roses

CattleCorn

razorbackkid

Quote from: NorCalRazorback on September 23, 2016, 11:00:06 pm
I don't really use the word "silly" when I talk about our beloved Razorbacks... This whole board, that's right Hogville, shows millions of "silly" speculations.  Why not let it go bro' and have some fun one time - and also - realize that the SEC network and ESPN both have talked about what the win means to the Razorbacks.  We get more from the win than Texas A&M. 

I apologize.  I didn't mean for my post to taken personally.  I just meant to express that one win in this stretch of games we are about to play will be forgotten unless we do well within this stretch.

Yes, we can run the table, but to put all eggs in one game (basket) is presumptive.  I love our Hogs as much as the next guy or gal. 

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on September 23, 2016, 10:56:33 pm
National TV exposure and a warm fuzzy feeling for the next two weeks.

Then Alabama comes to town.....we win that one and boy ol' boy...you got yourself a topic worthy of deep consideration.

Go Hogs.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

goodguytex

Quote from: HardCore on September 23, 2016, 10:43:02 pm
Much needed payback.....sick of losing to those arrogant Texas Aggie turds
FIFY

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

A wake up call to realize it was really a loss to another middke of the road sec program.
Let's make some waves.

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 23, 2016, 11:19:39 pm
I apologize.  I didn't mean for my post to taken personally.  I just meant to express that one win in this stretch of games we are about to play will be forgotten unless we do well within this stretch.

Yes, we can run the table, but to put all eggs in one game (basket) is presumptive.  I love our Hogs as much as the next guy or gal. 

Then Alabama comes to town.....we win that one and boy ol' boy...you got yourself a topic worthy of deep consideration.

Go Hogs.

+1

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 23, 2016, 11:28:22 pm
A wake up call to realize it was really a loss to another middke of the road sec program.

You are such a dick.
[CENSORED]!

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 23, 2016, 11:31:34 pm
You are such a dick.

Amen!  Why is he even reading about the hogs if he is so negative... This is a Fan Board!  How stupid is he too since he is reading things that obviously irritate him.  You think his kids are walking on eggshells or what?

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

razorbackkid

You are such a dick.

Ain't a whole lot of speculation in how you really feel here I'm thinkin'.  :)

goodguytex

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 23, 2016, 11:39:55 pm
Ain't a whole lot of speculation in how you really feel here I'm thinkin'.  :)
Truth hurts

orvillesghost

A chance to be 1-0 in league play for the first time in a while, a solid win over a good team ranked in the top ten.

I don't want to get so caught up in this one game that I am going to be destroyed if it doesn't go our way. There is a lot of season left and Arkansas can still have a successful season if we don't come out on top. We are 3-0 and there are other ways to get to eight or nine wins which this year would be a successful campaign for this program.

I think we will play well on both sides of the ball and have a good chance..

AirForceHog

If the hogs win. I think top ten by the time we face the elephants. And possibly game day in Fayetteville.

Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

razorbackkid

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 24, 2016, 12:04:36 am
If the hogs win. I think top ten by the time we face the elephants. And possibly game day in Fayetteville.

Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction.

Huge audience....huge implications.  A win against Bama in this scenario would be crazy-over-the-top-good for the future of Arkansas.

Woo-freakin'-Pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta beat A&M to get this ball a rollin'.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 23, 2016, 11:02:38 pm
Gameday to da nam

I don't know why some of y'all are so obsessed with Gameday coming to Fayetteville. And no, it won't help our recruiting.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 24, 2016, 12:18:05 am
I don't know why some of y'all are so obsessed with Gameday coming to Fayetteville. And no, it won't help our recruiting.
Gameday, in and of itself, may not help.  But a win over Alabama with Gameday present sure ain't gonna hurt.

orvillesghost

Arkansas is going to recruit in about the same range we have been the last few years..no matter who the coach is, no matter the record,

Geographic location is always going to hurt us there

Cinco de Hogo

Expectations that the team may or may not live up to.  After Alcorn State we enter a stretch of games were you can lose b any given Saturday. 

After all is said and done aTm is just one step along a long hard road.  I think the coaches will be keeping if as even keel as possible.  I think I'll do the same and that's the way I have approached this season.

This team had question entering the season and like most teams still has question.  This team has to grow into whatever it becomes and one game is not the end destination.

I expect a great game and that's it.

Hogs-n-Roses

I
I'm not obsessed wit it but welcome it just the same. Puts lots of national focus on the school I love. Lots of extra dollars to the state. I can't even se how you can say it won't improve recruiting. IMO it will.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 24, 2016, 01:24:20 am
Expectations that the team may or may not live up to.  After Alcorn State we enter a stretch of games were you can lose b any given Saturday. 

After all is said and done aTm is just one step along a long hard road.  I think the coaches will be keeping if as even keel as possible.  I think I'll do the same and that's the way I have approached this season.

This team had question entering the season and like most teams still has question.  This team has to grow into whatever it becomes and one game is not the end destination.

I expect a great game and that's it.

In the long run, you are absolutely right.  But beating A&M and Alcorn State will likely put Arkansas and Alabama front and center on the big stage in front of all of college football.  First things first, just win.

RyeHogFan

Did you even read the thread title? It says "a WIN tomorrow brings..."  Your response reeks of someone just trying to be negative even if it doesn't make sense.

trphog

Which means it would be better win than beating about 98% of the teams in the rest of college football. I'll take it. How does that feel nostradumbass?

rhames

Becoming a contender in a very winnable west.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

LZH

You are such a dick.

Ooh, he said that bad pee-pee word! You are staying after class young man.  >:(

What will happen? We will hover around the #10 spot, but I doubt we will be media darlings for long because there are so many other really good games on TV today.

Now, however, if we beat the living darn out of them then that's another story. That's the story I am really looking forward to!

Missooie

It absolutely helps recruiting. Won't make us a top 5 program in terms of recruiting by itself, but if you are considering two school equally and one of them is doing very well and has Gameday, it certainly does not hurt them. If you watch Gameday, you notice that the place Gameday is visiting gets the most coverage of the day by far. There is always extra interviews of the coaches and even some for players that most do not hear from on a regular basis. That does nothing but help.

Edit: It also gives many people who would not even consider the state of Arkansas to see how beautiful the campus and state is. I don't know how much a high school kid will care about that, but their families will notice. Most people think of Arkansas as a trashy rundown state. Can't hurt to show them how beautiful of a place it is.

Großer Kriegschwein

No. We will wake up to you not posting until right before the Alabama game. It's a win for everyone (that matters).
This is my non-signature signature.

LZH

Quote from: Missooie on September 24, 2016, 09:50:07 am
It absolutely helps recruiting. Won't make us a top 5 program in terms of recruiting by itself, but if you are considering two school equally and one of them is doing very well and has Gameday, it certainly does not hurt them.

I will get The Bag Man, you handle the slush fund.

JaketheSnake

Lots of new razorback fans in 9 months

GolfnHog

Frankly I don't care what Sunday or the following days bring. I just want  the "W". From that point forward everything after the final tick of the clock will take care of itself
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

GuvHog

Quote from: NorCalRazorback on September 23, 2016, 11:37:57 pm
Amen!  Why is he even reading about the hogs if he is so negative... This is a Fan Board!  How stupid is he too since he is reading things that obviously irritate him.  You think his kids are walking on eggshells or what?

Maybe he is just using reverse Psychology (at least I hope so).
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on September 24, 2016, 10:21:14 am
Maybe he is just using reverse Psychology (at least I hope so).

Uh. No.

Post history is felonious Bielema hate with intent to torpedo every thread he posts in.

carolinahogger

Großer Kriegschwein

LZH

Quote from: carolinahogger on September 24, 2016, 10:46:26 am
Rules don't apply to moderators?

What in the hell has ever been 'moderate' about Biggus?

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 23, 2016, 10:54:31 pm
I think we'll win the game, but what happens afterward is just silly to speculate about. 

I speculate a lot of silliness follows in the wake of an Arkansas win:

A&M fans will 180 and assume the collapse arrived a couple of weeks early this year and go back to debating how hot the water is for Sumlin while trying to understand how their latest sure thing in John Chavis can lose with superior talent just as he did at Baton Rouge.

Sensing a brewing revolt Bama fans will overwhelm Finebaum with even more chest beating than usual while simultaneously wondering if this Tide team has what it takes.  Lane's offense fails to convert one 3rd down against Kent State and Saban horse-whips Kiffin in the post game as a motivational example to his team.

Bielema goes to a whole new level with his post game comment describing the pleasures of a win over the Aggies.

Arkansas fans begin a two week long buildup to what Texas Week used to be like in the old SWC days.

PetrinoFan

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 24, 2016, 12:24:51 am
Arkansas is going to recruit in about the same range we have been the last few years..no matter who the coach is, no matter the record,

Our Geographic location didn't hurt us in getting Alex Collins, or Denver Kirkland out of Florida.

Rison Razor Hog

Its the 2010s now, and football has been going on for over 145 years. Some of these places that are considered "destinations" now are considered so for their history. I have driven through Tuscaloosa countless times and it is a dump on the order of Pinebluff. But, Bear Bryant cemented a historical status as "winners" and so recruits are lured there by the "history" of Bama's program. If we get back to our 1960s and 1970s level of winning, the lure of Arkansas will be higher and the recruits will be willing to come just for the history of our program. Like in so many areas of football (and sports generally) winning solves a lot of problems. The foundation has been laid, the superstructure is in place and each brick gets the building a little further done.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

HawgQuest

I posted at the first of the season that if hogs win their first four games then this is gonna be an epic season to remember. Tonight's win will be a great confidence booster for them to want to continue their winning ways. WPS from east Arkansas.

trashcan maN

An entire college football gameday showcasing the local eats and traditions won't help recruiting? Interesting take.

alohawg

It can be overcome, see OU and NEB.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

LZH

Quote from: alohawg on September 24, 2016, 01:41:30 pm
It can be overcome, see OU and NEB.

When World War II was over, my dad spent a few years as a Miracle Maid cookware salesman and regional manager for the Upper Midwest (long ways from air conditioning right? - but he said that is how he learned to sell).

Anyway, I was complaining that Hatfield was signing some good recruits but teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska were getting all of the studs, including Keith Jackson who was my age or a year older. I made the remark that Fayetteville is (was) just a bump on top of a hill with a high school stadium and a few thousand fans every other Saturday. He looked at me kind of pissed off and said "have you ever been to Lincoln Nebraska? Son, good coaches and good players win football games, not the cities where they are located."

I immediately knew what he meant. And it has stuck with me to this very day.

Foozzball

It will bring excuses from the media as to how Arkansas won.  They will talk about how aTm gave it away and should have won.  They will talk about and boast about how Arkansas will be put in their place next weekend vs Bama!  They'll say that if Bama would have to give it away to lose to Arkansas and if they do the SEC is really down this year.  They'll talk about how this is the year that the he SEC won't have a team in the Playoff, blah blah blah as long as Arkansas is winning!  If any of you think we will get any credit for beating aTm or even Bama, you need to put the bottle down and sober up!

Birminghog

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on September 24, 2016, 12:10:56 pm
Its the 2010s now, and football has been going on for over 145 years. Some of these places that are considered "destinations" now are considered so for their history. I have driven through Tuscaloosa countless times and it is a dump on the order of Pinebluff. But, Bear Bryant cemented a historical status as "winners" and so recruits are lured there by the "history" of Bama's program. If we get back to our 1960s and 1970s level of winning, the lure of Arkansas will be higher and the recruits will be willing to come just for the history of our program. Like in so many areas of football (and sports generally) winning solves a lot of problems. The foundation has been laid, the superstructure is in place and each brick gets the building a little further done.

I agree with the gist of your comments, but equating Tuscaloosa with Pine Bluff should win the hyperbole award for the day. There's a great deal of Tuscaloosa that I certainly would not describe as picturesque, but the campus, which is what kids look at, is pretty nice, and the town is far from PB, unless they have upgraded PB since I was there. Granted, I haven't been to PB in maybe 40 years, but I was in Tuscaloosa yesterday. Their parent weekend, by the way, is pretty lame. Hope it's better in Fayetteville.

Do you still turn right at Don Lusby's Gulf station to go to Stuttgart?

My only memory of Rison is driving a car in a Johnny Cash day parade for a state official to wave at the crowd. Hope everything is well there.

alohawg

Quote from: LZH on September 24, 2016, 01:50:10 pm
When World War II was over, my dad spent a few years as a Miracle Maid cookware salesman and regional manager for the Upper Midwest (long ways from air conditioning right? - but he said that is how he learned to sell).

Anyway, I was complaining that Hatfield was signing some good recruits but teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska were getting all of the studs, including Keith Jackson who was my age or a year older. I made the remark that Fayetteville is (was) just a bump on top of a hill with a high school stadium and a few thousand fans every other Saturday. He looked at me kind of pissed off and said "have you ever been to Lincoln Nebraska? Son, good coaches and good players win football games, not the cities where they are located."

I immediately knew what he meant. And it has stuck with me to this very day.

Good stuff, of course dad's right. Win enough and recruits will come.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

farmhawg

Free beer from Wayne and Biggus if we win....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!