Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE TAILGATE: A Graphical Preview of Texas A&M vs Arkansas

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, September 23, 2016, 07:42:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Ohhhh boy, gotta love those A&M fans. There is some funny stuff in here and some crazy stuff but they fully expect this to be another barn-burner. There are videos included in this article.

I don't care what you do, just do it before OT.

Aggies 31
Piggies 17

Trayveon Williams-Step 1: use White and Ford as battering rams for 45 minutes. Step 2: give this kid the ball. Step 3: avoid OT for once, sheesh.

Daylon Mack-The big man's been pretty quiet so far this season, but Arkansas' power inside game is a perfect chance for him to cause abundant mayhem in the backfield.

Austin Allen-Currently the most efficient QB in the SEC. Unfortunately there is an SEC bylaw that states QBs named Allen will suffer dramatic mid-season falls from grace it's true we don't make up the rules just observe them.

Dre Greenlaw-Their second-leading tackler sounds like an Elvish rapper but is actually a badass on and off the field.

TRENCHGOATS
When the pigs have the skin you will be watching one of the best line match ups of the season. The Razorbacks have won SEC offensive linemen of the week honors two weeks in a row with two different players. The Aggies will be bringing relentless Daeshon Hall, known Arky havoc-wreaker Daylon Mack, and two gigantic, muscly, and in all likelihood sentient arms with Myles Garrett attached. The winner of this battle wins the game.

WORST CASE
The ghosts of OT past come back to bite the Aggies in the ass. The game is close throughout, and Arky ties it with one second remaining to send this game into overtime. Field goals are traded for 5 overtimes, until Bret happens and a fake FG wins it for Pig in the 6th OT.

A whole lot more inside:
http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2016/9/21/12996236/the-tailgate-a-graphical-preview-of-texas-a-m-vs-arkansas
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

Worst case for them, actually, is that we blow them out.
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 23, 2016, 07:49:43 am

Of course, but they don't even think that is a possibility.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

The Honest truth is when you look back at the series they are past due to have a clusterflap game against us.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

gmarv

brandon

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 23, 2016, 07:49:43 am

Exactly, we control the whole game not just 3 quarters and win by 3 tds. That's the worst case for them. 31-17??  When was the last time we lost by 2 tds to anyone? Auburn 2014?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: brandon on September 23, 2016, 08:34:28 am
Exactly, we control the whole game not just 3 quarters and win by 3 tds. That's the worst case for them. 31-17??  When was the last time we lost by 2 tds to anyone? Auburn 2014?

We lost to Alabama by 13 points last season. Was it a TD and two field goals?

Also lost to Georgia by 13 in Oct. 2014. You are right - the Auburn game was 45-21.
[CENSORED]!

Darren DeLoach

Personally, I want to win this game more so than Bama. Would love to beat Alabama, but I can only take so much Aggie talk. What is most interesting to me is that every talking head, every pre and mid-season prognostication concludes (logically) that Arkansas struggles to beat teams that spread it out and are pass heavy. That the Hogs are built to play and stop smash mouth and power running teams. The Aggies have given Arkansas fits due to running this type of system. But as has been heard over and over again the last two weeks, the Ags have matured, and are no longer slingin' the ball all over. They have a game manager at QB, and they are a between the tackle team. So, the conclusions I am hearing are that A&M will be too much PHYSICALLY for Arkansas. They will run over us!!! Lol

Something needs to be said,  "Texas A&M, you can't out Arkansas; Arkansas."
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

GoPigs69

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on September 23, 2016, 08:46:53 am
Personally, I want to win this game more so than Bama. Would love to beat Alabama, but I can only take so much Aggie talk. What is most interesting to me is that every talking head, every pre and mid-season prognostication concludes (logically) that Arkansas struggles to beat teams that spread it out and are pass heavy. That the Hogs are built to play and stop smash mouth and power running teams. The Aggies have given Arkansas fits due to running this type of system. But as has been heard over and over again the last two weeks, the Ags have matured, and are no longer slingin' the ball all over. They have a game manager at QB, and they are a between the tackle team. So, the conclusions I am hearing are that A&M will be too much PHYSICALLY for Arkansas. They will run over us!!! Lol

Something needs to be said,  "Texas A&M, you can't out Arkansas; Arkansas."

Favorite post of the WEEK!  Agree with every word...

Yamahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 23, 2016, 08:27:08 am
Of course, but they don't even think that is a possibility.

Of course, that's when you DO get blown out.....

razorsharptusk

This will be a great game.  The two defensive ends for TAMU are great, I get it, but it's not like our coaching staff hasn't known this for a while now.  If we haven't prepared for this come game time, then shame on us.  I'm sure they will get their share of tackles behind the line, as will Wise and company. I would hope that our coaching staff has game planned for this.

I like that not much love is being tossed toward our front 7 at all on defense.  And that the word "talented" has been used to describe just about every position at TAMU by the talking media heads.   I think this game is setting up nicely for the Hogs if we go in with an aggressive attitude and can establish the run. We come in the dogs with a streak to break.  Win or no win there is no way they out physical us.  Ought to be a great game.
GO HOGS!!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Need to have a safety ready to stop the Aggie patented "playground QB throw as far as you can and receiver try and sprint under it play. "

I truly believe if they don't compete those passes, we win.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Birminghog

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on September 23, 2016, 08:46:53 am
Personally, I want to win this game more so than Bama. Would love to beat Alabama, but I can only take so much Aggie talk

Agreed.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The Chief on September 23, 2016, 04:29:45 pm
Need to have a safety ready to stop the Aggie patented "playground QB throw as far as you can and receiver try and sprint under it play. "

I truly believe if they don't compete those passes, we win.

I know that we have become accustomed to expecting this kind of thing from A&M but against Auburn they only had 2 completions for more than 19 yards, one for 40 and one for 51. Neither were TD's. They only had 5 other pass completions of more than 10 yards each for a total of 67 yards the entire game. It doesn't seem like this A&M team has the QB (Knight) who can consistently produce a quality deep ball.

But what they did have was 4 runs of more than 10 yards each for a total of 141 yards, the longest being 89 yards for a TD. We will have to shut down their run game by both their RB's and Knight in order to put pressure on Knight's arm (52.7% completion percentage for the season) to save them.

They do have speedy and talented receivers so lighting could strike if we don't cover and tackle well, but Knight does have a tendency to throw a bit behind his receivers, which I hope will offer us a better chance for PBU's and perhaps a couple of INT's.

And I hope that our staff just decides to put every single KO through the EZ and every punt out of bounds to not even allow them the opportunity for a return.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

sigpooie

Massey is giving us a 55% chance of winning 27-24. And the compute comp has us at 10th and Agsht at 8th. This is going to be hell to wait all day for.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sigpooie on September 24, 2016, 08:01:40 am
Massey is giving us a 55% chance of winning 27-24. And the compute comp has us at 10th and Agsht at 8th. This is going to be hell to wait all day for.

For the line being against us, though we know the line is for betting purposes and is influenced by where money is placed, there sure seems to be a lot of prognosticators coming late to the party to pick the Hogs as straight-up winners.

On another note, in the link provided above to this article, A&M isn't exactly kind to our coach in terms of their photo-shopped pics. I hope that Bielema gets to meet Sumlin at mid field after the game with a big smile on his face. Time to put these boys away.
Go Hogs Go!

sigpooie

Having a dad that went to Texas and a Mom at Arkansas, means my hate and blood pressure go over the top for the aggiessss
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson