Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like it's Tess, Blackledge, and Holly for the aTm broadcast.

Started by ricepig, September 18, 2016, 09:23:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustaHog

Best crew in the game.  Tess is a killer PBP guy and Blackledge, despite being a B1G guy, does a really good job.  Color commentators can try too hard and he just seems comfortable.  You never get the know-it-all vibe from him.  Holly Rowe is as good as it gets too.  She is truly good at what she does.  Glad her health seems to be on the upswing.

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

TrueBlue

Locutus_of_Boar

It's not entirely luck that this crew draws exciting games.  ESPN does what it can to arrange that potential.  In the last 2+ years (29 games) A&M has played in 10 games decided by a single score while Arkansas has played in 12 single score games.  Four of the 5 Southwest Classic games have been single score margins and both of the last two meetings in Jerry World went to overtime.  There's no reason to expect either of these 2016 teams could dominate the other so it's as safe a bet as there is in college football Tess will get lucky again.

hawg IQ

Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2016, 09:23:51 pm
https://twitter.com/pierson_sid/status/777680250008326144
Don't like blackledge, almost openly rooted for TCU. he was especially instrumental in getting D Morgan catch overturned.
go hogs go !

HOGINTENNESSEE

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: hawg IQ on September 18, 2016, 10:29:16 pm
Don't like blackridge, almost openly rooted for TCU. he was especially instrumental in getting D Morgon catch overturned.

You serious, Clarke??

First of all, I doubt the review official is stopping the game to go asking Todd Blackledge what he thinks is a catch and what isnt.

Secondly, it clearly wasnt a catch, so it was the right call to review it.

Hawgar The Horrible

Don't like blackridge, almost openly rooted for TCU. he was especially instrumental in getting D Morgon catch overturned.

Blackledge is a good guy. Spoke with him at length a couple of years ago flying into Canton/Akron. Very personable and loves CBB.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

passinghog

Blackledge is legit; spoke with him a few years ago at the Embassy Suites when CBP was here; he's the real deal.

ChicoHog

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 18, 2016, 09:35:46 pm
Best crew in the game.  Tess is a killer PBP guy and Blackledge, despite being a B1G guy, does a really good job.  Color commentators can try too hard and he just seems comfortable.  You never get the know-it-all vibe from him.  Holly Rowe is as good as it gets too.  She is truly good at what she does.  Glad her health seems to be on the upswing.
Penn st was not in the Big Ten when Blackledge played.  He calls way more SEC games than he does Big Ten games.  He is not a "Big Ten guy".  He is a Penn st guy.  And he is a very good analyst. 

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

sickboy

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 18, 2016, 09:40:26 pm
Tess & Blackledge are very good. Holly, well not so much...

I actually like Holly Rowe. Think she does a good job.

Hawgzinbowlz

Knowledgeable and professional crew. They do a good job.

" GO HOGS "

HogPhan

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawg IQ

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 18, 2016, 10:46:28 pm
You serious, Clarke??

First of all, I doubt the review official is stopping the game to go asking Todd Blackledge what he thinks is a catch and what isnt.

Secondly, it clearly wasnt a catch, so it was the right call to review it.
all I can say is what I saw and he had the catch until he hit the ground and that's when the ball moved- but if you saw different, fine.   Blackridge commented several times it might not be a catch and it got overturned.  Sorry I do think tv folks can influence review guys- maybe they've got tv sets there?  and remember another play had already been run...  two issues I feel are in play here, clear evidence and why after a play got run.
go hogs go !

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawg IQ on September 19, 2016, 07:43:49 am
all I can say is what I saw and he had the catch until he hit the ground and that's when the ball moved- but if you saw different, fine.   Blackridge commented several times it might not be a catch and it got overturned.  Sorry I do think tv folks can influence review guys- maybe they've got tv sets there?  and remember another play had already been run...  two issues I feel are in play here, clear evidence and why after a play got run.

Blackledge didn't have anything to do with the ruling but that rule is something that makes zero sense. You catch the ball, you have control, you hit the ground and it comes loose, ruled an incompletion. But if you are running the ball and you hit the ground and the ball comes out, the runner is ruled "down" and the ground can't cause a fumble.

If a guy makes the catch, even if he doesn't take several steps after the catch, and he hits the ground and the ball comes out, I think the same rule should apply as running the ball. If he has demonstrated that he has control of the ball prior to hitting the ground, the catch should count. Now if he is bobbling the ball or hasn't demonstrated control, that's a different deal. Just seems like there is way too much gray area involved, even with replay.
Go Hogs Go!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 18, 2016, 09:40:26 pm
Tess & Blackledge are very good. Holly, well not so much...

Would people feel differently about Holly if she lost, say, 100 pounds?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hoglady

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 19, 2016, 07:56:03 am

People need to realize the women is undergoing cancer treatment.
She is continuing to work because she loves her job.

I was thrilled to see that she's not skin and bones.
Given the circumstances she looks fantastic.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RedyorNot

Great crew for the game, and thankfully no one from Baytown, lol

ChicoHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 19, 2016, 07:51:11 am
Blackledge didn't have anything to do with the ruling but that rule is something that makes zero sense. You catch the ball, you have control, you hit the ground and it comes loose, ruled an incompletion. But if you are running the ball and you hit the ground and the ball comes out, the runner is ruled "down" and the ground can't cause a fumble.

If a guy makes the catch, even if he doesn't take several steps after the catch, and he hits the ground and the ball comes out, I think the same rule should apply as running the ball. If he has demonstrated that he has control of the ball prior to hitting the ground, the catch should count. Now if he is bobbling the ball or hasn't demonstrated control, that's a different deal. Just seems like there is way too much gray area involved, even with replay.
Agreed Muskogee.  If a receiver has control of the ball, even if only for a split second it should be a catch and then a fumble if he does lose it on a hit or complete if he loses it when hitting the ground.  I have heard announcers say that the ball cam move if it hits the ground in a receivers hands as long as the receiver still has control of it.  That was a questionable call and I could see it both ways. 

Kevin

Holly Rowe gets nothing but respect from me.

going through treatment, and still working the hours she has to, that is one mentally & physically tough person.

unless, you have been there, you have no idea what those treatment do to you
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

gchamblee

lol...

gchamblee

Quote from: hawg IQ on September 19, 2016, 07:43:49 am

Your name is irony, right?

TrueBlue

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 19, 2016, 07:28:36 am
you are one of those, huh

One of what?

She is not good. Simple. Don't like other's opinion, don't read.

BTW - never liked your opinions either on this board. So we are even.

Peter Porker

I just now realized your screen name is literal.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

010HogFan

You are wrong and you have said this in two different threads now. TV guys have nothing to do with on the field rulings. It was the right call anyway.

FraggleHog

Oh, goody... Well buckle your seats boys and girls. The "Tess Effect" will be in full swing on Saturday.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hogwild

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2016, 07:32:21 am
ESPN

I'm curious what station the game will start on.  No way the Auburn game that starts at 5pm will be over and there are games on ESPN2, ESPNU, and the SEC network at that time.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogwild on September 19, 2016, 11:39:26 am
I'm curious what station the game will start on.  No way the Auburn game that starts at 5pm will be over and there are games on ESPN2, ESPNU, and the SEC network at that time.

ESPN News, ESPN Classic, SEC Alternate, no telling, but it will be on one of them.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hogwild on September 19, 2016, 11:39:26 am

If the Auburn game rolls into the 8 pm hour... Our game will be aired on ESPN News until the conclusion of the Auburn game. They will then flip it over to ESPN.

Hogwild

Last year was so aggravating, I had to attend an event and couldn't watch it on TV.  Was watching on my phone, it switched stations three times, I was missing the end of drives when I had to switch on my phone.

This year I will be in front of a TV

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hogwild on September 19, 2016, 12:19:34 pm
Last year was so aggravating, I had to attend an event and couldn't watch it on TV.  Was watching on my phone, it switched stations three times, I was missing the end of drives when I had to switch on my phone.

^^^1st world problems^^^

Hogwild

But I was in Mississippi at the time, that shouldn't be considered 1st world.

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

FraggleHog

Quote from: Hogwild on September 19, 2016, 12:27:24 pm
But I was in Mississippi at the time, that shouldn't be considered 1st world.

HAHA! +1 for that one... Good stuff.

"Thank God for Mississippi"

LZH

How ironic is it that your name is hawg IQ?

"Blackridge" sounds like a gravel road in West Virginia, and "Morgon" sounds like a Harry Potter character.

C'mon man.

The NewEra

Probably my favorite crew.  They do a very good job at trying to be unbiased, yet informative and entertaining.

Paul

Tess is the best.  This team is worlds better than Verne/Gary

AugustaHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 19, 2016, 07:56:03 am
I'd rather my sideline reporter actually be good at what she does than just be a model with a microphone.  I want somebody finding out injury updates and asking good questions.  Holly Rowe does a great job.  Is she eye candy?  No, but there's no issue with the quality of her work.  Now, if they can provide the chops and look good, that's a bonus.

HawgnCorona

I like this crew...and there are not many we can really say that about. These guys are usually unbiased in there analysis of the game.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 19, 2016, 08:41:18 am
One of what?

She is not good. Simple. Don't like other's opinion, don't read.

BTW - never liked your opinions either on this board. So we are even.

What exactly, in your opinion, is she not good at?

bp

PorkSoda

Quote from: hoglady on September 19, 2016, 08:07:47 am

I didn't know that, but I always thought she was good at her job.

its nice we are getting a quality announcing crew after getting stuck with mowins.

Having stoerner announce our game last week was great too.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rickm1976

Say whaaaat?  Seriously, I've always liked Todd, and have always viewed him as a fair guy.

DeltaBoy

Holly Rowe got brains and football smarts . She the best female  reporter we got today.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hoglady on September 19, 2016, 08:07:47 am

And she is very good at what she does.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?