Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

that john neibors sounds like Max Headroom from the old Coke commercials

Started by pondwater jack, September 14, 2016, 01:45:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Buck Ocean on September 17, 2016, 06:50:28 am
I understand what you're saying. Seems I get it more on AM radio syndications than FM.  I've heard it with almost every station I listen to.    I've always likened it to a voice of a Transformer robot though.
Digital technology has its drawbacks.

WorfHog

Quote from: John Nabors on September 15, 2016, 02:36:04 pm
You're all too kind. Thanks for listening

I listen on 1290 AM during the day and you guys go robot on that station all the time. It's weird. Also sometimes the broadcast drops completely and a guy starts reading numbers that sound like an IP address. That happened on Friday.

Remindes me of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_station

John or Mike, any idea what this is and why it happens?

John Nabors

Quote from: WorfHog on September 18, 2016, 05:06:15 pm
I listen on 1290 AM during the day and you guys go robot on that station all the time. It's weird. Also sometimes the broadcast drops completely and a guy starts reading numbers that sound like an IP address. That happened on Friday.

Remindes me of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_station

John or Mike, any idea what this is and why it happens?

I honestly couldn't tell you. I've even asked my engineer about it & a lot of times it has to do with ATT Internet being so awful. But try out 97.7 FM. It's the same exact station in NWA as 99.5 but I actually think it sounds much better & reaches further West
Twitter: @RushJohnNabors

www.hitthatline.com

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

John Nabors

Quote from: Kevin on September 19, 2016, 11:40:29 am
Who is on the show today

Dudley in studio with me. Jimmy Carter on in second hour. Monday shows I don't go too guest heavy since there is a lot to get to over the weekend & hear reactions from fans
Twitter: @RushJohnNabors

www.hitthatline.com

WorfHog

Quote from: John Nabors on September 19, 2016, 11:07:43 am
I honestly couldn't tell you. I've even asked my engineer about it & a lot of times it has to do with ATT Internet being so awful. But try out 97.7 FM. It's the same exact station in NWA as 99.5 but I actually think it sounds much better & reaches further West

Thanks John I'll check out 97.7 have fun in Arlington!

JIHawg

Are these channels in central Arkansas?  If not, what is it?  Also, time?