Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

that john neibors sounds like Max Headroom from the old Coke commercials

Started by pondwater jack, September 14, 2016, 01:45:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pondwater jack

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

pondwater jack

I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

pondwater jack

It aint a swipe at you! It's the broadcast quality.  Sounds wierd here in fsm

pondwater jack

Now im boilin mad!  I offer construction critisism and that neybors filets me on the radio! The show sounds funny down here. When a guy thries to help you you dont tarnish his name. Someone is fsm tell the neybors what it sounds like here! 

Racing Hog

Sounded fine to me today between 12-1, listened on 95.3.

Love John's show. IMO it's the most professionally executed show that covers the Hogs.  :razorback:

pondwater jack

Quote from: Racing Hog on September 14, 2016, 02:18:16 pm
Sounded fine to me today between 12-1, listened on 95.3.

Love John's show. IMO it's the most professionally executed show that covers the Hogs.  :razorback:
my car sounded like he was trilling and sputtering just like max headroom.  I swear it.  I wonder why it does that.

John Nabors

Quote from: pondwater jack on September 14, 2016, 02:11:27 pm
Now im boilin mad!  I offer construction critisism and that neybors filets me on the radio! The show sounds funny down here. When a guy thries to help you you dont tarnish his name. Someone is fsm tell the neybors what it sounds like here!

I'm not tarnishing you my friend I was just making it all in fun. I realized what you meant after the show ended & offered an apology on Twitter. I just had someone text it to me during the show and started talking about it. I appreciate you listening in and thanks for the constructive criticism!

Also it's spelled Nabors for future reference  :razorback:
Twitter: @RushJohnNabors

www.hitthatline.com

ricepig

Quote from: John Nabors on September 14, 2016, 02:22:48 pm

He'll probably have to have Landy turn on his spellchecker.

pondwater jack

Quote from: John Nabors on September 14, 2016, 02:22:48 pm
I'm not tarnishing you my friend I was just making it all in fun. I realized what you meant after the show ended & offered an apology on Twitter. I just had someone text it to me during the show and started talking about it. I appreciate you listening in and thanks for the constructive criticism!

well I love the show and listen every day. So is that a problem with my radio or is it on your end. Im asking cause I dont know. 

pondwater jack

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2016, 02:28:25 pm
ricepig ypu can keep your fat melon out of this. Me and my good friend Nabors was having a conversation between gentlemen. Which would obviously mean not you.

J Holly Blasingame, I I

John Nabors

Quote from: pondwater jack on September 14, 2016, 02:29:51 pm
well I love the show and listen every day. So is that a problem with my radio or is it on your end. Im asking cause I dont know.

I appreciate that man. Yeah there was internet issues in Fort Smith that was causing delays & problems. Morning Rush guys were facing it too. Should be fixed now & everything should be back to normal tomorrow

www.hitthatline.com

pondwater jack

Quote from: John Nabors on September 14, 2016, 02:35:21 pm
I appreciate that man. Yeah there was internet issues in Fort Smith that was causing delays & problems. Morning Rush guys were facing it too. Should be fixed now & everything should be back to normal tomorrow
thank you sir gotta go back in and get to moppin. Ill be listening tomorrow as always.

Mike Irwin

John is just getting started in radio but I enjoy doing the show with him. He does good show prep, keeps things moving along and his overall knowledge of the Hogs is very good since he was a plugged in fan a long time before he had a radio show. Plus he's got some Houston Nutt stories than can't be told on air but are hilarious during the breaks.

Don't know when I'll be back but I hope it's in the next week or so.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 14, 2016, 03:27:15 pm
John is just getting started in radio but I enjoy doing the show with him. He does good show prep, keeps things moving along and his overall knowledge of the Hogs is very good since he was a plugged in fan a long time before he had a radio show. Plus he's got some Houston Nutt stories than can't be told on air but are hilarious during the breaks.

I love The Forum, but you sir, make it even better.  Hurry back, but get better also.  No offense John.  Mike's a headliner.   ;D
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

John Nabors

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 14, 2016, 03:27:15 pm

Appreciate that Mike. Means a lot. Looking forward to having you back in studio!

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 14, 2016, 03:45:14 pm
I love The Forum, but you sir, make it even better.  Hurry back, but get better also.  No offense John.  Mike's a headliner.   ;D

No offense taken. That's why I have him on!

www.hitthatline.com

Danny J

It's a great show...sure beats ESPN national broadcast which never talks Razorbacks. I hope his show continues to do well. I especially like the "eaten a sexy beast" part

fishes2000

it's alot better than Acri and Bradley. I don't care what celebrity has a birthday that day, lets talk sports.  I listen in little rock to the morning rush and the forum through the iphone app. Like both shows much better than that so called sports station 103.7

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2016, 02:28:25 pm
Rice as usual good for a chuckle or 2 a day.

razoredge178

Quote from: Danny J on September 14, 2016, 03:57:35 pm
It's a great show...sure beats ESPN national broadcast which never talks Razorbacks. I hope his show continues to do well. I especially like the "eaten a sexy beast" part

No. It definitely isn't.

Hog_Swanson

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

The_Iceman

I love John's show. He was in the student section around the same time as me so  I feel as if he relates well to my Hog experiences.

I like his show much better than Bo's, tbh. My two favorite shows are Nabors and Derek/Tommy/Tyler.

010HogFan

pondwater jack

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 14, 2016, 04:51:19 pm
I think it is. I listen to it every day at lunch.
so do I.  Any show with Mike Irwin gets my ear.  I have a LOT of respect for Mike and have ever since he banned Ballhog1 years ago, (Ballhog1 has never forgive him fot it neither).  Mike tells a great story and shoots straight.

J Holly Blasingame, I I

John Nabors

www.hitthatline.com

hogwood

Wow I grew up in the same neighborhood with John and would occasionally play video games at his house! I had no idea it was the same John as I have been out of touch with my childhood friends for a while. Congratulations John! Best regards from the other side of the woods.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Danny J on September 14, 2016, 03:57:35 pm
that part never made sense to me, because, personally, my girl is a sexy beast and , you know... makes it sound like ole john never gets any!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jusgtohogs

Shows that are 'piped in', that sound like that are the result of the station(s) using crappy or inferior  internet connections and equipment.  Sometimes there's no way around it, but that junk should be used only as a last resort.  Heard the same effect/sound yesterday on the Morning Rush at my house in Johnson.  And I hear it every stinking day driving home listening to DTS.

pondwater jack

Quote from: John Nabors on September 15, 2016, 02:36:04 pm
You're all too kind. Thanks for listening

that Nabors is a class act boys!  Nothing but class.  Some of the mods here could learn a thing or two about class from a guy like Nabors.  Or Mike Irwin.  He don't argue or stoop to the level of some of them. Ill never forget when Ballhog1 tried to come at Mike Irwin....Mike made Ballhog1 wear the studded dog collar.  Banned.  Straight away! Shameful the way Ballhog1 behaved. Like a petulant toddler. Pow! Irwin banned him with the stroke of a pen. 

John Nabors

Quote from: hogwood on September 15, 2016, 02:52:07 pm
Wow I grew up in the same neighborhood with John and would occasionally play video games at his house! I had no idea it was the same John as I have been out of touch with my childhood friends for a while. Congratulations John! Best regards from the other side of the woods.

Well that's something I never thought I'd see on Hogville ha. Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words

www.hitthatline.com

Hog_Swanson

Was it right after the Irwin / Monk blow up that you changed the name of the show from the Round Table to the Forum?  Was that blow up the reason it changed?

John Nabors

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 15, 2016, 04:03:58 pm
Was it right after the Irwin / Monk blow up that you changed the name of the show from the Round Table to the Forum?  Was that blow up the reason it changed?

No. I just hated the name. I didn't get to choose it originally. So when I had the opportunity to change it I did. Just sounded too hokey. Especially since there is usually only 2 of us at the most in studio

www.hitthatline.com

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: John Nabors on September 15, 2016, 04:07:29 pm
No. I just hated the name. I didn't get to choose it originally. So when I had the opportunity to change it I did. Just sounded too hokey. Especially since there is usually only 2 of us at the most in studio

I heard the table wasn't even round.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pig in the Pokey

It's your show, you should damn sure have naming rights! I love it b/c I am a 3 time Smitty's card winner. I always imagine you eating there 5 days a week with those vouchers lmao. Thanks, man!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on September 15, 2016, 03:14:43 pm
that Nabors is a class act boys!  Nothing but class.

He was a helluva swimmer back in the day.  Think he won some gold medals for it. 

Good to know he's a Hog fan too.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 15, 2016, 09:43:29 pm
He was a helluva swimmer back in the day.  Think he won some gold medals for it. 

Good to know he's a Hog fan too.
a swimmer!? Really?

This question is for Naybors...tomorrow on the show could you speak a little about how you swimming helped to get to where you are today? 

Did you swim at the U of A? Or dive maybe?

J. Holly Blasingame, I I

Hog_Swanson

Good for you.  Now...let's get some of those Nutt stories rolling.  Spill it John.

Porked Tongue

(notOM)Rebel123

I like John's show. But the "I don't remember eating a sexy beast" clip isn't funny at all. Pretty lame.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

John Nabors

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 16, 2016, 06:12:53 am
I like John's show. But the "I don't remember eating a sexy beast" clip isn't funny at all. Pretty lame.

I've actually been meaning to change that out for a while now. It's gotten old for sure

www.hitthatline.com

010HogFan

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 15, 2016, 10:02:48 pm
Is Lanny going to send a bill to John for this free pub?
Maybe he can get John to help out on the next commercial. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

John Nabors

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 16, 2016, 02:28:06 pm
Maybe he can get John to help out on the next commercial.

That's a tall order to fill.

Quote from: Kevin on September 16, 2016, 02:29:53 pm
nice show. checked it out for the first time

Let's just hope there is a second time

www.hitthatline.com

Hog Villager

My favorite sports talk show as well. Doesn't have the shock jock antics of other shows that cover the razorbacks. I also appreciate that when I can't catch it live, I can listen to it on soundcloud.
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

BorderPatrol

Can someone give us folks in LA some information on this show? Station/web address?

bp

Buck Ocean

Quote from: pondwater jack on September 14, 2016, 02:21:17 pm
my car sounded like he was trilling and sputtering just like max headroom.  I swear it.  I wonder why it does that.

I understand what you're saying. Seems I get it more on AM radio syndications than FM.  I've heard it with almost every station I listen to.    I've always likened it to a voice of a Transformer robot though.
Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 16, 2016, 06:38:06 pm
Can someone give us folks in LA some information on this show? Station/web address?

bp

Noon to 2 PM Central Time on 99.5/1290 The Hog on your Tune In Radio app.  John's show appears before Bo's show on most stations in west Arkansas.
Think like a Jedi

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Buck Ocean on September 17, 2016, 06:53:43 am
Noon to 2 PM Central Time on 99.5/1290 The Hog on your Tune In Radio app.  John's show appears before Bo's show on most stations in west Arkansas.
Or get sound cloud and follow the forum with john nabors.

Hog_Swanson

John Nabors

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 16, 2016, 06:38:06 pm

bp

Also, espn995.com has live streaming of all our shows throughout the day. Check that out as well

www.hitthatline.com