Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs are underdogs in final 3 regular season games, per ESPN BPI

Started by jst01, February 22, 2018, 09:54:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

It's only a prediction, based on their power index formula, but its at least based on more than "I think" or "Hope". And this
BPI thing isn't always right, it gave AR a 66% chance of winning over KY. So nobody freak out and yell "Why even play the game then!!!"..sigh..

Bama has 62% chance of winning.
Auburn has 50.6% chance of winning (when its 50/50 at your home court, you are the underdog)
Mizzu has 62% chance of winning.

So, in your professional Hogville user power index, what do you think the record is over the final three regular season games?

Atlhogfan1

Trying to decide if we can get a second win.  All flawed opponents. 

AU shorthanded. 

Bama not as offensively challenged as past seasons but not great.  Good defense and talented PG.  Completely different team at home vs road as we are again.

Mizzou will lose its 3rd straight game when they play at Rupp this weekend.  Then they go to Vandy.  They may need our game for the NCAAT. 

Would be surprised with 3-0 or 0-3. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

code red

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 10:10:02 am
Trying to decide if we can get a second win.  All flawed opponents. 

AU shorthanded. 

Bama not as offensively challenged as past seasons but not great.  Good defense and talented PG.  Completely different team at home vs road as we are again.

Mizzou will lose its 3rd straight game when they play at Rupp this weekend.  Then they go to Vandy.  They may need our game for the NCAAT. 

Would be surprised with 3-0 or 0-3. 
Auburn may be short handed but they just handled bama by 20.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

I got a feeling things are going to fall apart.  If we lose at bama...we lose out.  As a fan 3-0 looking at the numbers 0-3.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Finish out 1-2, then go 1-1 at SECT, and lose in first round of the NCAAT is my prediction.

mhuff

We might need the Mizzou game as well. I predicted 21 wins before the SECT , so I am going with a 2-1 finale. Last year we went on a run at the end of the season. Our backs are against the wall now; we have to play. We have to play as a team. We can't have our guards throwing up crappy shots. They have about carte Blanche to shoot. Just shoot good shots instead of helping out the other team with run outs.

golfinpig

Will be surprised with anything better than 0-3 , especially if we keep pressing and giving up open 3's , dunks and not rebounding.

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Dominicanhog

The_Iceman

0-3 will equal no NCAA Tournament. And with next year's roster, a bid next year is almost certain not to happen either.

That would be 2 NCAA Tournament Appearances in 8 years for Mediocre Mike. But yet he is the savior for some on here.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Karma on February 22, 2018, 10:45:49 am
Finish out 1-2, then go 1-1 at SECT, and lose in first round of the NCAAT is my prediction.

close.. 1-1 in ncaat..

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2018, 08:27:14 am
0-3 will equal no NCAA Tournament. And with next year's roster, a bid next year is almost certain not to happen either.

That would be 2 NCAA Tournament Appearances in 8 years for Mediocre Mike. But yet he is the savior for some on here.

He's been about as close to savior as can be.... under your scenario, Mike would indeed have a mediocre resume and I'm sure everyone from admin/boosters/coaches would know it... that remains to be seen.. one thing for certain, your still a POS..

Davidr295

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 23, 2018, 09:24:56 am
He's been about as close to savior as can be.... under your scenario, Mike would indeed have a mediocre resume and I'm sure everyone from admin/boosters/coaches would know it... that remains to be seen.. one thing for certain, your still a POS..

Is that part necessary? Just because someone disagrees with you

razrbakr1

0-3.  Last weekend I was saying 0-4.  I have also believed this team would not be playing in the NCAA Tournament since mid-season.  I do hope I am wrong.

Hog are ya

I think the safe bet is we lose at Bama and Mizzo.  But we really need to beat Auburn.  The schedule gods did them no favor coming into Bud.  They play 8:30 Eastern AT Florida, Sat night, (hopefully it goes two or three overtimes), get home Sun morning, and travel to Fayeteville for a 9p eastern time tip on Tuesday!  And even though it hasn't cost them yet, they are a bit short-handed.  And on top of that, it is our SR night, with the most Sr's I think we've ever had!  No excuse for the team, the coach, and the crowd, not to pull this game out.......

No matter what, if we can get one of these three, we should be in the dance, even if a one and done in sec tourny....

lynbug

Don't know how anyone could make an educated guess...considering how all the SEC games are playing out.  Surprises every week.  I just fear the surprises will continue in the SECT.  Hope we end up on the good end of the surprises.