Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need a Good Basketball Coach....That is All

Started by maggiesue, February 20, 2018, 10:13:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maggiesue

Program is just a shadow of what it once was...pitiful!

ADavisTheGOAT

Greg Marshall would have never lost this game
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

maggiesue

Take Kermit Davis from Middle Tennessee St. or Scott Sutton or 100 others at mid-majors and you are playing quality and fun-to -watch basketball and you are in the tournament every year with a chance to make a run.  This is horrible basketball.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 20, 2018, 10:15:02 pm

I wonder how he would recruit if WSU had the resources Arkansas does?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

MAGA45

Quote from: maggiesue on February 20, 2018, 10:18:19 pm
Take Kermit Davis from Middle Tennessee St. or Scott Sutton or 100 others at mid-majors and you are playing quality and fun-to -watch basketball and you are in the tournament every year with a chance to make a run.  This is horrible basketball.

19,000 fan sold out crowds deserve better. There are teams littered in the top 25 that are lucky to get 5,000-7,500 fans.
Fake News

upperdeck_hawg

this loss was on MA for sure. Subsitition patterns were crazy.  Cook with extended minutes. Kept Jones in way too long. Had Gafford out way too long at times.

No zone against the worse 3 pt shooting team in the SEC. Played pressure defense all night and allowed them to drive and dish to wide open shooters or dunkers all night.

Calipari was teaching the whole game while MA looked lost.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

alohawg

Yep, Mike would have coached the losing team from either bench tonight.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

swimntiger

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:21:32 pm
this loss was on MA for sure. Subsitition patterns were crazy.  Cook with extended minutes. Kept Jones in way too long. Had Gafford out way too long at times.

No zone against the worse 3 pt shooting team in the SEC. Played pressure defense all night and allowed them to drive and dish to wide open shooters or dunkers all night.

latrops

He turned down 4 million a year from Bama a couple of years ago.  He has plenty of opportunities to coach at a major conference program every year.  He keeps turning them down.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: latrops on February 20, 2018, 10:29:42 pm
He turned down 4 million a year from Bama a couple of years ago.  He has plenty of opportunities to coach at a major conference program every year.  He keeps turning them down.
he knows he's in one of the easiest conferences in America
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

pghawg1

Kermit Davis is not any better now than he was when he got ran off from Texas A&M in the late 80's  early 90's

Letsroll1200

No zone? You didn't watch the game. You just want to complain.

Danny J

And he even  told the sideline reporter coming out after half-time that we were going to play our starters more because our bench played terrible in the first half. Yet we came out pressing and trapping just the same.

cableguy

I am just a little upset tonight because I'm use to Mike Anderson doing a sobotage of a coaching job in big games. When a team is kicking your butt and you can't get a stop, the common sense thing to do is to change defense. CMA has changed defense in other games, but not this game on national T.V. against Kentucky. It's almost as if he had put a million dollars on Kentucky to win. I know he really didn't but he coach like he did.

Mr. Porkleone

Calipari made adjustments at half.

It's time for a change. Fire Mediocre Mike Anderson

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: cableguy on February 20, 2018, 10:41:02 pm
I am just a little upset tonight because I'm use to Mike Anderson doing a sobotage of a coaching job in big games. When a team is kicking your butt and you can't get a stop, the common sense thing to do is to change defense. CMA has changed defense in other games, but not this game on national T.V. against Kentucky. It's almost as if he had put a million dollars on Kentucky to win. I know he really didn't but he coach like he did.

With three minutes gone in the second and the game still close Danial Gafford draws two straight fouls on their big guys. After the second foul, Gafford is taken out until about the 12 min mark. I dont get it at all. Your big guy is wearing them out and you take him out after 3 minutes?
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Marshfieldhog

Mike Anderson choked tonight. Out coached by Cal of all coaches.

hogsanity

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on February 20, 2018, 10:48:17 pm
Mike Anderson choked tonight. Out coached by Cal of all coaches.

Choking implies he was capable of dong better, I do not think that is so.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RedRock

Like we all know.  MA is a good guy but he is not a major program coach.  His talents are better at a struggling tier 2/3 program. 

tomw

anderson needs to do himself and arkansas a favor and resign..we need a coach that can coach, not be outcoached nearly every game

soso

I for one would like to see how Anderson does when it once again becomes illegal to buy players. There is about to be a paradigm shift in college athletics and the so called big boys are about to come back to the pack.Let's see how things go when everyone really is on an even playing field.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

5ACentral

Quote from: tomw on February 21, 2018, 09:21:18 am
anderson needs to do himself and arkansas a favor and resign..we need a coach that can coach, not be outcoached nearly every game
Probably true. BUT, he was given a pay raise and extension just RECENTLY. Sound familiar??  Appears the ADs past and present are satisfied with average seasons for an SEC school, barely getting perhaps 20-22 victories a year and an occasional 25-26 wins, depending on how many "nobodies" you play in preseason. Uggg  :(

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: 5ACentral on February 21, 2018, 09:43:47 am
Probably true. BUT, he was given a pay raise and extension just RECENTLY. Sound familiar??  Appears the ADs past and present are satisfied with average seasons for an SEC school, barely getting perhaps 20-22 victories a year and an occasional 25-26 wins, depending on how many "nobodies" you play in preseason. Uggg  :(
the pay raise and extension were not on the new AD.  this was done before he got here

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 21, 2018, 09:51:54 am
the pay raise and extension were not on the new AD.  this was done before he got here

Another fantastic call by Jeffy Long.  I'm so glad he is gone. 

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 20, 2018, 10:45:02 pm
With three minutes gone in the second and the game still close Danial Gafford draws two straight fouls on their big guys. After the second foul, Gafford is taken out until about the 12 min mark. I dont get it at all. Your big guy is wearing them out and you take him out after 3 minutes?

Exactly.  And before he drew those fouls, he blocked two shots in 1 possession.  He had the entire halftime to rest and you yank him after only 3 minutes in the 2nd half? 

Meanwhile, a starter earlier in the season, Bailey, sees no time at all against a very athletic team.  What does Bailey do well you ask?  He rebounds, fights for loose balls, plays defense.... you know, all those things that weren't getting done.  Adrio isn't an all-star, but he went from starter to not playing? Even after getting over the flu, he could give at least 5 hard minutes somewhere.  Mike is all over with his sub patterns.  It's maddening and completely confusing.  I have no idea what the hell he is thinking most of the time.

hobhog

Make Chris Beard a rich man, one way or the other.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 09:23:06 pm
Make Chris Beard a rich man, one way or the other.

Chris Beard wouldn't come here for $5 million a year and they'd never offer that anyway.

Here's some hogsanity logic coming your way:

The only reason Hog fans think Beard is a good coach is because he went to the round of 32 at UALR. He goes to the round of 32 literally anywhere else, and no one gives a crap about him or ever mentions his name.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

hobhog

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 09:27:14 pm
Chris Beard wouldn't come here for $5 million a year and they'd never offer that anyway.

Here's some hogsanity logic coming your way:

The only reason Hog fans think Beard is a good coach is because he went to the round of 32 at UALR. He goes to the round of 32 literally anywhere else, and no one gives a crap about him or ever mentions his name.

I have sat behind him and seen his coaching first hand. The only reason you don't think he is a better coach than MA is because you don't know what your talking about.

And from what I hear he WOULD consider coming. But we will blow our chance by giving MA another year with a "rebuilding" year after wasting a senior laden team with a NBA center.

GoHogs1091

Marshall hasn't been able to beat Kentucky in the NCAAT.

Marshall has lost to Kentucky twice in recent NCAATs, and both times Marshall had a better team than the Hogs team that played Kentucky last night.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 09:34:16 pm
I have sat behind him and seen his coaching first hand. The only reason you don't think he is a better coach than MA is because you don't know what your talking about.

And from what I hear he WOULD consider coming. But we will blow our chance by giving MA another year with a "rebuilding" year after wasting a senior laden team with a NBA center.

I guarantee you haven't heard anything. Send me a PM with what you've heard or show me a picture of you sitting behind him at a game and "seeing his coaching first hand," and I'll rescind my post.

Also, when did I say he wasn't a better coach than Mike? I mean, he's not, just because he had an above average team at UALR and is having a better than average season at TTU doesn't mean he's automatically better than Mike.

But I never said that.

hobhog

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 09:56:20 pm
I guarantee you haven't heard anything. Send me a PM with what you've heard or show me a picture of you sitting behind him at a game and "seeing his coaching first hand," and I'll rescind my post.

Also, when did I say he wasn't a better coach than Mike? I mean, he's not, just because he had an above average team at UALR and is having a better than average season at TTU doesn't mean he's automatically better than Mike.

But I never said that.

Guarantee I have heard it from friend of his at Stephens Inc that got to know him while at UALR. And sorry I didn't take a selfie of me sitting behind him at UALR game. Not my thing.

awshucks

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 20, 2018, 10:19:11 pm
I wonder how he would recruit if WSU had the resources Arkansas does?

Well, we know he would have recruited Austin Reaves.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 10:00:39 pm
Guarantee I have heard it from friend of his at Stephens Inc that got to know him while at UALR. And sorry I didn't take a selfie of me sitting behind him at UALR game. Not my thing.

Pretty easy to make outrageous claims on a message board under an anonymous name. Forgive me for not buying it.

hobhog

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 10:18:53 pm
Pretty easy to make outrageous claims on a message board under an anonymous name. Forgive me for not buying it.

Outrageous?! You really need to get out more.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 10:22:14 pm
Outrageous?! You really need to get out more.

Chris Beard will never make an Elite Eight, unless he somehow lucks into a blueblood job, and no matter what your friend at Stephens, Inc. says, if he even exists, he wouldn't consider coming here.

He's a Texan. He coached at Tech for 10 years. He has no ties to Arkansas other than the UALR tenure. He gives absolutely zero about the Razorbacks.

johnfanman

I am still high on this team's possibilities in the NCAA tourney, but without some significant improvement Mike will be on the hot seat in a year or so. Hopefully it works out, but if not, cut the cord to the 40 minutes of hell.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

Paul

Quote from: pghawg1 on February 20, 2018, 10:31:15 pm
Kermit Davis is not any better now than he was when he got ran off from Texas A&M in the late 80's  early 90's
Um. That's his son

hobhog

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 10:39:12 pm
Chris Beard will never make an Elite Eight, unless he somehow lucks into a blueblood job, and no matter what your friend at Stephens, Inc. says, if he even exists, he wouldn't consider coming here.

He's a Texan. He coached at Tech for 10 years. He has no ties to Arkansas other than the UALR tenure. He gives absolutely zero about the Razorbacks.

Make him say no. I know that is an outrageous concept for you but we should try to top the measly salary Tech is paying him.

Problem is, MA isn't going anywhere. We have little aspirations in basketball these days. We're all in for football. So enjoy.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 11:04:32 pm
Make him say no. I know that is an outrageous concept for you but we should try to top the measly salary Tech is paying him.

Problem is, MA isn't going anywhere. We have little aspirations in basketball these days. We're all in for football. So enjoy.

There is nothing that says Beard is interested in Hogs or that they're interested in him.

Also, no one says MA isn't going anywhere. His buyout isn't that big. Yurachek could easily fire him for convenience if he honestly thinks the program isn't making any progress. Just because fans bitch about it on social media doesn't mean that's how it's actually going down.

hobhog

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 11:10:39 pm
There is nothing that says Beard is interested in Hogs or that they're interested in him.

Also, no one says MA isn't going anywhere. His buyout isn't that big. Yurachek could easily fire him for convenience if he honestly thinks the program isn't making any progress. Just because fans bitch about it on social media doesn't mean that's how it's actually going down.

It's not just social media. I haven't spoken to one person who would be upset about a change other than my brother, who doesn't watch TV and only listens to games on radio. He hates change.

And if Yurachek doesn't have at least a short list in his head and Beard isn't on it, we are in big trouble. That's his job to be step ahead at all times just in case.

Peter Porker

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 21, 2018, 09:43:48 pm
Marshall hasn't been able to beat Kentucky in the NCAAT.

Marshall has lost to Kentucky twice in recent NCAATs, and both times Marshall had a better team than the Hogs team that played Kentucky last night.

Wow. So Marshall can recruit better talent to WSU than CMA can to Arkansas. Imagine how well he could recruit with Arkansas' resources.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.