Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heavy Hog Heart

Started by AugustaHog, December 08, 2017, 09:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanshan

bphi11ips

Very powerful OP and thread. AugustaHog reminds us that Razorbacks sports is a tie that binds on many levels.  We bond with our loved ones through shared experiences.  The Razorbacks are like Christmas and Thanksgiving, but they come more than once a year.  From grandparents to grandchildren to children, extended family and friends, we share highs and lows and never know quite what we're going to get.  We anticipate the day and dress up and feast.

For so many of us, the Razorbacks are who we are.  We learned early that Arkansas is a great place because we have this wonderful thing called the Razorbacks.  We learned that this team that made our grandparents and parents so happy or so frustrated came from this wonderful place called the University of Arkansas.  Some of us learned later that our family went to school there, but all of us learned that the Razorbacks are one of the reasons to take pride in Arkansas itself.  We share that pride as a family.  We used to chant "Whole Hog, Half Ham, Arkansas by Damn!!!".  We were not just yelling about the team.

Very sorry about your loss, Augusta.  I lost two myself in the last couple of months who were always there for Christmas, Thanksgiving and the Razorbacks.  Like k.c.hawg, I'll add them to those I shed tears of joy, pride, and sorrow for when the band plays the alma mater.

Like jkstock and Dr. Suess said, "Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DaHog

Prayers and condolences from my family to yours AugustaHog.

OLDHOG

Praying for you and your family. It truly is the only thing that helps. God bless.

cjack

Prayers sent Augusta Hog. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

porkbellys

No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

hog911

Sorry for your loss! God speed

hoginla

Quote from: AugustaHog on December 08, 2017, 09:53:24 pm
Guys late last night I lost my Dad unexpectedly.  He was a huge Hog fan and instilled a love of the Hogs in me.  Arkansas sports and St. Louis Cardinals baseball were something that we loved sharing.  I truly don't know how I'm going to get through my next Hog game without being a blithering idiot.  My Dad was a great guy who shaped me into the person I am today.  I will forever miss him.  I'm thankful that we were able to take my son to the 2016 Auburn game.  I hope to carry on the Hog Love with my little guy.  Please pray that we find some peace.

God bless Augusta.
Matthew 5:4
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

Hawg n GA

Prayers for you and your family

fayhawgdawg

I feel your pain.  I lost my dad earlier this year.  Prayers for you and your and family. 

Porkette

GO HOGS GO!

Johnny Bobo

Youngsta71701

Guys late last night I lost my Dad unexpectedly.  He was a huge Hog fan and instilled a love of the Hogs in me.  Arkansas sports and St. Louis Cardinals baseball were something that we loved sharing.  I truly don't know how I'm going to get through my next Hog game without being a blithering idiot.  My Dad was a great guy who shaped me into the person I am today.  I will forever miss him.  I'm thankful that we were able to take my son to the 2016 Auburn game.  I hope to carry on the Hog Love with my little guy.  Please pray that we find some peace.
Sorry for your loss. Many prayers from the 870.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

AirWarren

Prayers.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Prayers and condolences for you and your family...
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

samhog49

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's passing, lean upon the Lord for your strength and support. Prayers said for you and your family.

HoggyCat

Sorry to hear. Will definitely say a prayer for you and your family. May you find comfort in this time.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

PerfectMedium

Prayers. Sorry for your loss

HawgWild

My father and I would call and talk after every Razorback football and basketball game. He died in 1995. I still miss that. Sorry for your loss.

Tusker4life

Augusta,
   Although I don't know you, I feel your loss and will be praying and thinking of you during this trying time. I hope your dad was able to feel the excitement the new coach has brought before he left us all. I am sure he is probably wearing a much cooler hog hat up there in Heaven than we can imagine, and is going to be watching the games still. WPS

Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

PorkRinds

Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

GuvHog

Prayers and Condolences for you and your family from Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

My dad passed away on May 12, 1990 and mom passed away in April of this year so I know what you are feeling.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

oldbear

Prayers for you. Losing a parent is always hard. I lost my mom three years ago and my dad doesn't get around anymore and has to have a lot of help. Our last Hog game that he could get in and out of was the 2010 LSU game. We watch them together on t.v. now. Save those memories.

Snout team

Praying for you and your family.  One of the most touching moments in CBB's tenure here was when he told of losing his sister. He said his pastor told him to choose something to serve as a trigger to remind him of telling others what a great person she was.  Sounds like your trigger could be the razorbacks or a specific game. Whatever it is, don't ever feel embarrassed about telling others about your dad, even if it evokes sadness.  I'm praying for Gods grace and peace to be present in your life.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Hawgey-Davidson

I have read every post on this thread up to my posting now. My eyes won't dry up.  I had a vivid dream last night of my Dad cooking breakfast in his kitchen and frying the most beautiful eggs you could imagine. I lost him 5 years ago. My point being, your Dad will always be in your heart, soul and mind. Augusta, may you find peace and comfort during this difficult time. He will always be there. God bless you and yours.

pumphog

They say your never truly a man until you lose your father, a little truth to that. I grew up looking up to and working side by side with him all my life.  I lost him  when I was 62 and miss him everyday. The days get better and eventually the pain goes away and your left with the good memories of the time you spent with him.. My thoughts go with you as you go thru the holidays.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

reddogjcss

Prayers for family! He walking streets of Gold today meeting saints!

hawgmasta

I'm sorry for your loss Augusta; remember the good times and your love of hog sports together.

wes72949

This really hits home for a lot of us who have parents getting older. Our time spent watching the razorbacks is a big way a lot of us bond with our fathers. My prayers and thoughts are sent to you buddy .

porkinsons disease

Sorry for you loss.  Prayers sent.Cherish the great memories on the man that made you the person you are today.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

kp72204

Prayers for you and yours. Tough times don't last but tough people do.

elviscat

Praying for you brother.

Hog 48

Praying here. Sounds like you had a wonderful Dad, enjoy the memories.

TulsaHawg

Sincere condolences to you and your family.😞🙏

bvillepig

Condolences and prayers for you and  family.

TushCrush

SemperFi

My deepest condolences to you and your family AugustaHog.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

swineology

Rockinghog

Prayer and condolences from us.

1dayinthelifeofporkiepig

So sorry for your loss. My dad died way back in 1989 & I still miss him a lot. Prayers for you & your family.

OhioHog

Guys late last night I lost my Dad unexpectedly.  He was a huge Hog fan and instilled a love of7 the Hogs in me.  Arkansas sports and St. Louis Cardinals baseball were something that we loved sharing.  I truly don't know how I'm going to get through my next Hog game without being a blithering idiot.  My Dad was a great guy who shaped me into the person I am today.  I will forever miss him.  I'm thankful that we were able to take my son to the 2016 Auburn game.  I hope to carry on the Hog Love with my little guy.  Please pray that we find some peace.
My deepest condolences to you and your family!   

hogcards

Prayers to you and your family.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for you and your family.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Michaelt

Praying for you and family Augusta. I sent you a PM, there's a chance I knew your father (if I'm thinking of the same man).
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

younghog

GO HOGS

FANONTHEHILL

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015