Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 JUCO TE

Started by STLhawg, October 18, 2017, 12:48:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STLhawg

So what is the deal with Jeremy Patton?  During the preseason, all I kept hearing was how he was a "complete" TE who could "do it all" really well -- but I rarely ever hear his named mentioned on game days.  Just wondering if anyone has any scoop on him.  He is still listed on the roster so he appears to be on the team; perhaps he is in BB's doghouse (like so many other players).

Speaking of TEs in general, is it me is does it seem like our TE play is barely a shell of what it was a couple years ago?  This is despite supposedly having a lot of very talented TEs (and least they were highly touted).  Maybe the coaching staff just cannot figure how to use the TE anymore -- heaven knows it wouldn't be the only thing they are confused about!

Seebs

He will be fine. Moving to MLB.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

presidenthog

Injured last Wednesday. Will play some sat.

island hog

He's played a lot and has done well from my perspective.  Looks more like a flex TE.

The_Iceman

Been battling injuries. When he gets the ball in his hands, he is impressive. Need to get Cantrell out and let Patton, OGrady, and Gragg get more touches.

PygmalionEffect2

Hope he gets healthy.  Someone needs to step up and take minutes from Cantrell. 
He misses a lot of blocking assignments.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on October 18, 2017, 12:52:10 pm
Injured last Wednesday. Will play some sat.

Correct, had his leg rolled up on. Ramsey, Patton, and Gibson all 100% per SEC news conference today, fwiw.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: STLhawg on October 18, 2017, 12:48:39 pm
So what is the deal with Jeremy Patton?  During the preseason, all I kept hearing was how he was a "complete" TE who could "do it all" really well -- but I rarely ever hear his named mentioned on game days.  Just wondering if anyone has any scoop on him.  He is still listed on the roster so he appears to be on the team; perhaps he is in BB's doghouse (like so many other players).

Speaking of TEs in general, is it me is does it seem like our TE play is barely a shell of what it was a couple years ago?  This is despite supposedly having a lot of very talented TEs (and least they were highly touted).  Maybe the coaching staff just cannot figure how to use the TE anymore -- heaven knows it wouldn't be the only thing they are confused about!

So complaining but not paying attention to what is going on with players. There's plenty that is worthwhile to gripe about, this isn't one of those.
Go Hogs Go!

STLhawg

I searched for news on him (using Google) and didn't find anything about him being hurt recently.  Sorry, if I am cynical about this staff -- but I think I have good reason to be.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 18, 2017, 12:54:12 pm
Been battling injuries. When he gets the ball in his hands, he is impressive. Need to get Cantrell out and let Patton, OGrady, and Gragg get more touches.

Except Cantrell can block... and Lord knows we need help blocking.

DuckTalesLOL

Wasn't he the TE that caught the pass from Allen in the endzone during OT, but it was out of bounds? Cantrell caught the pass out of bounds during TCU which would've tied the game.

Someone needs to teach these guys were the boundaries are.

bphi11ips

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on October 18, 2017, 01:14:01 pm
Wasn't he the TE that caught the pass from Allen in the endzone during OT, but it was out of bounds? Cantrell caught the pass out of bounds during TCU which would've tied the game.

Allen's pass was late in OT.  Not TE's fault.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 18, 2017, 01:19:38 pm
Allen's pass was late in OT.  Not TE's fault.

Are you saying he may have held the ball too long. Interesting 🤔

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 18, 2017, 12:54:12 pm

Cantrell is playing out of position.  I thought he'd be our starting FB as a FR but they dicked that scholarship up w/ Hayden Johnson and putting 35 lbs on Cantrell.

Cantrell would get some looks as a TB in a heavy package or goalline in my world or be a DE.  He had great speed as HS Sr.  He anchored his schools 4x100 relay team and we all remember Agim playing RB in HS and outrunning the field.  Herbert really did a number on this team. We hired a slow Big 10 philosophy and now have a circa 2010 Big 10 team.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Injuries are plaguing our JUCO guys
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

EastTNHog

TE's need to be running routes, not blocking as much as they have been.  If the WR's can't get separation we need the TE's to pick up their slack.  Quicker passes and shorter routes.  These long developing play action routes are killing the offense because the OL can't pass block.  Put CK in the shotgun and run the offense from there, please!

WaltonCollege

Our TEs in general have all underperformed this year.  I thought Lunney was a TE whisperer but I'm starting to think Hunter Henry and C Gragg made his job easy.  Our tight ends are huge physical freaks that should me an instant mismatch once they hit the field but they can barely block and barely catch.  Wait! O'Grady had a nice one handed grab v Florida ATM.  I will rest the season on that one nice snag.

Erockster20

He has the unfortunate luck of not being a walk-on.

Me Like Hogs

Our TEs are not getting as many touches due to the fact that our Oline has so many issues. We saw this last year with Sprinkle too, he had to block a lot more than Henry did the previous year. Like many questions on offense the answer is poor line play. Teams know they can simply overload our Oline and stop anything we try to do, so we have to use our TEs as blockers more than we had in years past.

parallaxpig

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 18, 2017, 01:27:14 pm
Cantrell is playing out of position.  I thought he'd be our starting FB as a FR but they dicked that scholarship up w/ Hayden Johnson and putting 35 lbs on Cantrell.

Cantrell would get some looks as a TB in a heavy package or goalline in my world or be a DE.  He had great speed as HS Sr.  He anchored his schools 4x100 relay team and we all remember Agim playing RB in HS and outrunning the field.  Herbert really did a number on this team. We hired a slow Big 10 philosophy and now have a circa 2010 Big 10 team.

this........plus I don't know if its all Herbert's idea.......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

parallaxpig

Juco's usually take two years to fully integrate into Div 1 football
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Cure

Cantrell should be getting used exactly how Bret used his H-Backs in Madison. I know he has a new OC, but Cantrell isn't being done any favors.

He can catch and run, as can Patton, but they aren't getting near enough touches/looks to keep the defense honest.

At one point, the H-Back was tbe most fun position to watch in Bielema's offense. Hayden isn't getting any looks either and the kid has talent.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

PORKULATOR

If he knew how to get his feet down he'd be closer to complete... Closer
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ChicoHog

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on October 18, 2017, 01:27:14 pm

It's not a Big 10 philosophy.  It may be a Wisconsin philosophy. 

hogginbama

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on October 18, 2017, 01:14:01 pm

Yep that was Patton. Actually the QB double pumped on the pass and threw it late, TE had to keep moving in order to keep separation. If he stops moving, he is not open. Announcers even highlighted that on the replay.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Cinco de Hogo

The answer to your questions my son is in the o-line. 

STLhawg

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: STLhawg on October 19, 2017, 09:10:15 am
Huh?

Huh is right, I did not post that or if I did it changed so much I can't even imagine what I was trying to type.  That is not something I would have said under any circumstances.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 19, 2017, 02:31:07 pm
Huh is right, I did not post that or if I did it changed so much I can't even imagine what I was trying to type.  That is not something I would have said under any circumstances.
Commas are your friend.

Cinco de Hogo

Tusks

Cantrell is not a bad TE, he's just not the guy you throw a TE screen to.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PonderinHog

bville_hog

He hasn't played much because BB keeps trotting a another "TE" out there who he prefers for some reason that I can't figure out.   He side steps blitzes and lets them maul the QB from the blind side, runs routes out of bounds across the back of the end zone, and is slow as molasses when he runs routes on the field and they do through him the ball.  Basically we are not playing a TE, but a fb who sometimes goes to the TE slot.  Maybe that is part of the reason it seems we are playing 10 on 11 most of the time.  But if your name is Patton, Martin, or Wallace, you have a hard time getting on the field weather you are "injured", can't remember the plays or whatever. 

BTW Arkansas invented the JC's can't contributed until their 2nd year line that everyone keeps throwing out.  Does anyone really thing Speight really improved that much from jr to sr year, or maybe the coaching staff just didn't realized what they had and how to use him?

Jim Harris

Quote from: tusked on October 19, 2017, 05:20:24 pm
Cantrell is not a bad TE, he's just not the guy you throw a TE screen to.

I didn't think A.J. Derby was a TE you called the TE reverse for, but darn if Jim Chaney didn't do it. Agree with Cantrell. He supposedly is at a way less weight than last year but seems slower. Maybe he looked that way because Alabama is so darn fast all over on defense.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 18, 2017, 02:14:44 pm
Our TEs in general have all underperformed this year.  I thought Lunney was a TE whisperer but I'm starting to think Hunter Henry and C Gragg made his job easy.  Our tight ends are huge physical freaks that should me an instant mismatch once they hit the field but they can barely block and barely catch.  Wait! O'Grady had a nice one handed grab v Florida ATM.  I will rest the season on that one nice snag.

Lunney wasn't on the staff for C. Gragg.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson