Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

University of Arkansas best pop culture moments

Started by jbcarol, July 30, 2017, 06:31:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Bacons Rebellion

The coffee mug in WKRP in Cincinnati should never be forgotten.
The fleeting glimpse of our victory over Houston in "Thelma and Louise."
One of the astronauts in James Michener's "Space"
The incomparable Wood Newton.

The list is really endless. I can't choose one. We dominate.

DeltaBoy

President Clinton celebrating with Nolans Hogs at the White house!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rhames

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 30, 2017, 06:44:36 am
"Greater", without a doubt.

No. No one outside of this board even knows what that movie is

President Clinton without a doubt.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Razorback_2007

I think the name of the movie was The Abyss?...but there was a dude....part of the crew on the underwater ship or whatever that sported a Razorback hat.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

JIHawg

In the novel "Point of Impact", written by Stephen Hunter, the hero, a former Viet Nam sniper named Bob The Nailer, wore a Razorback shirt and cap.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Razorback_2007 on July 30, 2017, 10:20:40 am
I think the name of the movie was The Abyss?...but there was a dude....part of the crew on the underwater ship or whatever that sported a Razorback hat.

Correct and correct. When I saw this movie the first time in the theater—early James Cameron—I thought this was one of the more random Hog-related sightings.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

fineswine

Elton John donned an Uncle Heavy's Hog Hat when he and Billy Joel were together on stage during their first tour together in Little Rock in the summer of 1994.

hawkhawg

The girl on Big Brother that wore a Razorback Shirt almost everyday.

devildog

My avatar - Frank Zappa showing off a hog hat.

rhames

Quote from: hawkhawg on July 30, 2017, 11:22:49 pm
The girl on Big Brother that wore a Razorback Shirt almost everyday.

Britney Haynes.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

NoogaHog

Tommy Lee Jones 2005 movie "Man of the House" Scenes at an Arkansas-Texas game. Not a big moment, but a moment none the less.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

LZH

The shot of the president of the United States standing and clapping while wearing a hog hat as we won the National Championship in Charlotte has to be up there. It was probably more of a photo op for Clinton but it damn sure made everyone watching aware of who and what state (Razorbacks, right?) or school they were talking about.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: fineswine on July 30, 2017, 12:30:11 pm
Elton John donned an Uncle Heavy's Hog Hat when he and Billy Joel were together on stage during their first tour together in Little Rock in the summer of 1994.
That's the best thing ever.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

go hogues

Quote from: LZH on July 31, 2017, 09:48:46 am
The shot of the president of the United States standing and clapping while wearing a hog hat as we won the National Championship in Charlotte has to be up there. It was probably more of a photo op for Clinton but it damn sure made everyone watching aware of who and what state (Razorbacks, right?) or school they were talking about.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: JIHawg on July 30, 2017, 11:05:39 am
In the novel "Point of Impact", written by Stephen Hunter, the hero, a former Viet Nam sniper named Bob The Nailer, wore a Razorback shirt and cap.
And then the films ruined everything about Bob Lee.

jbcarol

Chuck Barris once donned a Hog Hat while hosting The Gone Show
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

McKdaddy

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 30, 2017, 11:33:25 am
Correct and correct. When I saw this movie the first time in the theater—early James Cameron—I thought this was one of the more random Hog-related sightings.

Agreed. Loved that.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

trippigs

AirWarren

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

1highhog

Anybody but him.  ::)

hogcard1964

TebowHater

Everyone knows, but I love the way Justin Moore reps us. Even in the video of his first hit, Smalltown USA, he has his dad repping a Go Hogs hat.

Back of his tour bus

Joe Nichols has a Razorback guitar, too.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

AirWarren

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 20, 2017, 10:14:17 am
Don't be proud of him.  He's still an unfunny obese man.

Hey, still pop culture moments of the hogs we are known for.

IronMountainHog

Joe Moore in music video with Gilbert Brantley "Small Town Throwdown", he says "Woo Pig Sooie Razorbacks" after Brantley (UGA fan) says Go Dogs.

Will Smith (When he was Fresh Prince) used to wear Arkansas Basketball shirts in some photos.

Snoop Dogg in a Mallet Arkansas Jersey on his visit.

Johnny Cash was a Hog Fan and said Sooie in a few of his songs.

Billy Bob Thornton sported many a hog ball cap and shirt in photos.

ChicoHog

As a big fan of both of those guys I wish I had seen that. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: factchecker on August 19, 2017, 09:03:20 pm

I really dislike reality TV, especially those type of shows,but she is pretty hot.  Did she win? 

Cinco de Hogo

Any one of dozens of pics of my grandchildren in their first Razorback clothing!

ChicoHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on July 31, 2017, 09:41:15 am
Tommy Lee Jones 2005 movie "Man of the House" Scenes at an Arkansas-Texas game. Not a big moment, but a moment none the less.
I remember that.  It was filmed during the 2003 game in Austin when we beat them. 

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: NoogaHog on July 31, 2017, 09:41:15 am
I have the Razorback megaphone that was used in that  movie.

Pig Power

BaconAteHer

Raven from the Bachelor made Nick call the hogs when she stepped out of the limo and met him for the first time.

I don't watch the show but my hot girlfriend told me about it.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 20, 2017, 08:48:00 pm
I really dislike reality TV, especially those type of shows,but she is pretty hot.  Did she win? 

Think she made the final 4 or 5 but a boy alliance blind sided her.

(Turning in man card as I type)

sowmonella

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 22, 2017, 05:27:55 pm
Think she made the final 4 or 5 but a boy alliance blind sided her.

(Turning in man card as I type)

As you should.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Cmheinley

Maybe not the best of pop culture moments, but there is a radio dj, Bobby Bones.  He does a country music morning show nationally.  He mentions the hogs very often during the football season especially.

deucea729

Quote from: JIHawg on July 30, 2017, 11:05:39 am

For those who don't know, this book is the inspiration for the movie and series "The Shooter." I believe Bob The Nailer actually lives south of Fort Smith in the book, rather than in the Rocky Mountains like the movie...

ICEman

These threads have a shelf-life of about 4 years before they exit the vault for a new generation of Hogvillians to enjoy. It is still fun to see if new hog pop culture elements have made it into the fray. Here is a link to a previous thread.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=552892.0
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: deucea729 on August 22, 2017, 09:05:55 pm
For those who don't know, this book is the inspiration for the movie and series "The Shooter." I believe Bob The Nailer actually lives south of Fort Smith in the book, rather than in the Rocky Mountains like the movie...

Correct, and in particular the Mena area.

Matt Burks

Quote from: Cmheinley on August 22, 2017, 07:30:54 pm
Maybe not the best of pop culture moments, but there is a radio dj, Bobby Bones.  He does a country music morning show nationally.  He mentions the hogs very often during the football season especially.
He's a native of Arkansas, from Mountain Pine, graduated from Henderson State, and started in radio at 105.9 KLAZ - so he bleeds Arkansas red.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: deucea729 on August 22, 2017, 09:05:55 pm
Was a Vietnam vet, not a gulf war vet.  Shot a Winchester Model 70.

HognitiveDissonance

On the Tiger Woods Wii Sports golf game, there is applause and fan exclamations built into the game.
No, they don't yell 'mashed potatoes' or 'get in the hole', but random stuff like that.

I could swear that one of these exclamations sounds exactly like 'how 'bout them Hogs!'

I could hardly believe that is actually what the game programmers coded, but that's exactly what it sounds like to me.

bennyl08

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on August 23, 2017, 12:23:50 pm
On the Tiger Woods Wii Sports golf game, there is applause and fan exclamations built into the game.
No, they don't yell 'mashed potatoes' or 'get in the hole', but random stuff like that.

I could swear that one of these exclamations sounds exactly like 'how 'bout them Hogs!'

I could hardly believe that is actually what the game programmers coded, but that's exactly what it sounds like to me.

"My man!"
"Lookin good."
"Slow down!"
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse