Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Gragg

Started by NWAHog479, March 30, 2017, 09:06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

Will this kid ever see the football field? Highly touted recruit, must not work that hard or he just isn't that good... I know we always have a ton of depth at the TE spot, but come on!

PorkRinds

He's a redshirt sophomore.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 30, 2017, 09:15:54 am
True but you won't find a whole lot of players in his ranking that haven't contributed by now, the QB spot being the possible exception, but i agree may need to be patient

Been10Hog

There's one TE on the field, with occasional exception to when we go two TEs. It's like QB. Good players for one spot don't get much time. Defensive and offensive linemen clearly different, with multiple positions they can slide into. If he works, he'll get time

Stephen Greene

yeah, it's just like Tim Dial all over again

hawganatic

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 30, 2017, 09:06:11 am
Will this kid ever see the football field? Highly touted recruit, must not work that hard or he just isn't that good... I know we always have a ton of depth at the TE spot, but come on!

You aren't in on the inner workings of the program so you aren't in any position to make a statement like "must not work that hard or he just isn't that good."  He's only been on campus for two years and plays at a position we have been stacked at. 

Please think before you post assinine comments denigrating a player you don't know much about.

Biggus Piggus

Will Gragg's time is coming very soon.
[CENSORED]!

RagingHawgOn

Good gawd. Give the kid a chance. He's what, 19? Kids develop at different paces. I'd be completely shocked if Will doesn't end up being a stud TE. And, a stud amongst many stud TEs for us.

WPS!

colbs

lasthog

NWAHog479

Quote from: hawganatic on March 30, 2017, 10:45:50 am
You aren't in on the inner workings of the program so you aren't in any position to make a statement like "must not work that hard or he just isn't that good."  He's only been on campus for two years and plays at a position we have been stacked at. 

Please think before you post assinine comments denigrating a player you don't know much about.

What if I am? You also might want to "think" or get a better education, because it's *asinine*. Thanks.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hawganatic on March 30, 2017, 12:40:56 pm
Go look at Gragg's offer sheet and explain to me how that constitutes taking "flyer" on a kid...

I weep a little for our fanbase when I read posts like this.
My faith in humanity makes me believe he's trolling and his troll game is weak.
4 star number 8 TE in the nation and we're taking a chance by signing him  :-\

HOGINTENNESSEE

Sprinkle had 4 catches at this same point in his career

Hog Fan...DOH!

He will be a RS Soph through next season. 

BETTER question:  would it be insane to have 4 TEs on the field? 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on March 30, 2017, 03:19:58 pm

it'd be awesome
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

lasthog

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 30, 2017, 03:10:57 pm
What if I am? You also might want to "think" or get a better education, because it's *asinine*. Thanks.

I believe it's possible he is both educated and intelligent, but merely made a Freudian slip by adding the "s" to asinine.

Or maybe it was on purpose. Works for me.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 30, 2017, 11:27:01 am
Will Gragg's time is coming very soon.

Are you saying he's ready, or has BB issued an "it's time to cut bait or fish" mandate?

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawganatic

Quote from: NWAHog479 on March 30, 2017, 03:10:57 pm

Appears my point flew over your head...

PorkSoda

lol, screw those spread teams and their 4 wide formations, we are rolling 4 tight

we could run a WR bubble screen using TEs
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

IronMountainHog

Marcus Monk played for Arkansas, yet he betrayed the Hogs and steered his brother Malik to U.K.

Chris Gregg played for Arkansas, and he steered his brother Will to the Hogs.

Will could have went anywhere including our rivals like Bama or Auburn. But he is loyal to his state university and came here. Regardless if he never plays a down for Arkansas, I will have major respect for the kid for not being a traitor like the aforementioned Benedict Arnold from Lepanto.

FATHAWG08

Will Gragg will be an asset to this team. Kid has a lot of talent. This is TE U, it's not easy getting on the field but when he does he will be ready. It only takes one good year of play to get to the next level. AJ Derby ?
I love off season Football!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on March 30, 2017, 08:40:16 pm
Will Gragg will be an asset to this team. Kid has a lot of talent. This is TE U, it's not easy getting on the field but when he does he will be ready. It only takes one good year of play to get to the next level. AJ Derby ?
what, you think he can play QB?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

factchecker

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 30, 2017, 08:46:44 pm
what, you think he can play QB?

I think you are being sarcastic but just in case:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pork Twain

This post makes 1000 times more sense than the OP
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MuskogeeHogFan

I think that Gragg is a gifted athlete and may possess the most potential of any TE that we have on the team right now. I also doubt that it is the coaching staff that is holding him back.
Go Hogs Go!

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: hawganatic on March 30, 2017, 10:45:50 am

you his brother or somethin?

FANONTHEHILL

I think Will Gragg is a great example of the issues that some players have when they come in as 4/5 Star guys and have a difficult transition period.  That is no knock on Will.  It just happens.  Every player on the roster, from 5 Stars to walk ons were the studs at their high schools.  They have been team leaders and team captains as long as they've been playing the game.  When you go from being "the man" to being just another fish in the pond, it's tough to deal with.  What once was easy in now very hard.  It's easy to get disengaged if you get down and your production suffers. 

That being said, there was a different Will Gragg out there today.  He's changed from #11 to #81 and it you didn't know about the number change, you'd think it was a different player.  Quick, strong, fully engaged in every phase.  Will looked great today.  This is the the third year I've watched him practice and I was impressed.  I hope today is just a small taste of what we see form Will for the next few years.  He looked like the top TE you saw when you watched his high school film.  Now he just needs to bring it every day and I have no reason to believe he won't.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

PORKULATOR

Let's hope he's gonna shock the world. Along with every other skill position player. Hell... Let's beat every body.
This year's uncommon. SHOCK EVERYBODY.
Okay maybe not lololol
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Porked Tongue

I wish I was more optimistic on this topic.

Mike Irwin

Bielema had some good things to say about him today. I'll be in my practice story coming up.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Wow.!!! That was quick. [/thread]
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on April 01, 2017, 08:39:56 pm

you his brother or somethin?
Meh, Maybe he's just an old hand here who has seen what assinine statements about current players or recruits will get you...

Yes I did! I did spell it ASSinine...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 30, 2017, 07:47:25 pm
lol, screw those spread teams and their 4 wide formations, we are rolling 4 tight

we could run a WR bubble screen using TEs

That would be seriously awesome from the edge of the red zone...

oldbear

I have seen a lot of high school football over the last 20 or so years. I have also talked to several coaches about players who have been recruited at a level that their measurables seem to meet but their play on the field doesn't necessarily match. I have learned that kids just seem to get it sometimes at different time than some others. There really is nothing wrong or bad about that. It just is.

This isn't necessarily about Gregg, as it may not apply to him at all. Let's give a kid four years of being eligible and see what happens with them, and then critique their college career. I would sure hate for the success, or lack thereof, of my career to be determined based upon only the first year or so.

VBMark

He's from the same class as Austin Cantrell. Hogs went out to get Jeremy Pruitt, a JUCO, because they were concerned about depth. If he is third or fourth on the depth chart, it will appear that either the recruiting services were wrong about him or her isn't putting in the work to get it done. That's the truth!
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

bphi11ips

The only way that Arkansas can compete in the SEC West playing Bielema's style of football is with 4th and 5th year grown men. That's been a sound philosophy for generations for teams with built-in recruiting disadvantages like Arkansas. 

Will Gragg will have his day in this offense.  It should start this year and get better in 2018. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: VBMark on April 02, 2017, 08:42:16 am
He's from the same class as Austin Cantrell. Hogs went out to get Jeremy Pruitt, a JUCO, because they were concerned about depth. If he is third or fourth on the depth chart, it will appear that either the recruiting services were wrong about him or her isn't putting in the work to get it done. That's the truth!

Jeremy Patton is not Jeremy Pruit

hogsfan31

This is not the truth. Jeremy Pruitt is the defensive coordinator at Bama, not a Juco TE, moving along...

texas tush hog

They went out and got Jeremy Patton because he was the #1 juco tight end in the country. As far as Jeremy Pruitt is concerned, we don't really need any Defensive Co-ordinator depth thank you.

NoogaHog

No, why do you ask?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"