Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fact Checked: FALSE Nike gear going to all Hog Head logo?

Started by Arazorbackguy1, March 29, 2017, 07:51:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

March 29, 2017, 07:51:49 pm Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:51:43 am by Arazorbackguy1
Was shopping at Hog Man's Hog Pen yesterday and the cashier tells me that they are doing away with the running hog logo on all the Nike gear, in favor of the Hog face logo. 

How do you all feel about this?  Does anyone outside Arkansas even know what that logo is?  Why would we do away with one of the most iconic logos in all of sports? 

The cashier said most "young" people love it. Lol.

Update after I emailed marketing:
Hi Brandon,

There is no truth at all to that. Sideline apparel and on-field will always be running Razorback first and forward facing as just a secondary mark (if at all). Teams have been given this as their direction when purchasing.

Nike has been making forward facing product for the last three years and retailers have had it as an option. If they are finding it popular and buying more successful that may be. It is their choice to buy or not for stores.

We will reach out to Hog Man's to clarify.

Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate your continued support of Razorback Athletics.

GO HOGS,

Elvis Moya

Elvis J. Moya
Associate Athletics Director
Marketing and Fan Development

479.575.6055 (w) | 479.575.8757 (f) | 479.200.7687 (c)
Frank Broyles Athletics Center, Rm 229  |  P.O. Box 7777  |  Fayetteville, AR 72701
Twitter: @ElvisMoyaUA |  www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com | ejmoya@uark.edu
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

40MinutesOfHellFOREVER

lol if most "young people/millennials" love something, you should GO THE OTHER WAY.

I much prefer the dynamic, aggressive charging hog logo to the huge hog head logo.   I would like to believe that both Nolan and Todd Day would agree with me on that.   :razorback:  The BIG HOG HEAD is fine as an ALTERNATIVE LOGO, but not as the primary logo. 

Pork Ranger

Front facing hog is terrible, not sure why people like it

Dwight_K_Shrute

I said when it first came out, front facing Hog looks like something a Jr. High kid would draw in study hall.  Hate it and will not buy anything with it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

SPAL

Popcorn hog and dog bone hog are loving this thread.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

pork in the whiskers

Now, that is a reason to fire Jeff Long! Tradition means nothing to he & his minions! If true, I hope he leaves on the first bus out of town, once his daughter graduates. Frickin idiot.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

PharmacistHog

I just want some kinda hog. Not a half bull/half horse with tusks.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Smalltownhog95

Just out of curiosity... Popcorn hog or front facing hog head?
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

JONAS

It's ok, but I prefer the running Hog. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The_Iceman

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 29, 2017, 09:16:33 pm
Not true.

Go look at the razorback shop online.  All of the running hog Nike hats are on clearance and they do not have any of the new Nike gear with running hog logos. 

I think she's correct.  Maybe the other brands will keep the running hog, so at least there is that.

3kgthog

If you click on "view all Nike items" on the store portion of the Hogs app, you'll see lots of Nike jackets and t-shirts featuring the old logo and none of them are on clearance.

factchecker

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 29, 2017, 09:31:54 pm
Go look at the razorback shop online.  All of the running hog Nike hats are on clearance and they do not have any of the new Nike gear with running hog logos. 

I think she's correct.  Maybe the other brands will keep the running hog, so at least there is that.

http://shop.arkansasrazorbacks.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Everything_Nike/pg/1/ps/60/so/newest_items

1st item on the newest item list is a basketball shirt with the running hog:

8th item on the item list is a pair of anthracite/gray shorts with the running hog.

Another pair of shorts:

All the coaches windbreakers from last season had the running hog:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

If you are worried you can call/email/tweet Chris Freet or one of our marketing/licensing directors:

Elvis Moya Associate AD - Marketing and Fan Development 479-575-6055    ejmoya@uark.edu

J.T. Geren -   Director of Marketing    479-575-4412    jtgeren@uark.edu

Mike Harris -   Director of Licensing & Revenue Generation    479-575-3517    harrismr@uark.edu

Mr. Moya is pretty good about replying quickly to questions/concerns on social media.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Whatever happened to the hog jumping through the A-hole?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tusksincolorado

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on March 29, 2017, 10:30:43 pm
Whatever happened to the hog jumping through the A-hole?

Now that is Old School!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogwood

I am technically a millenial, though I much prefer the slobbering hog logo that was on the court at BWA. If anyone can find a T-Shirt with that logo on it please let me know!!

factchecker

New football practice shorts have running hog:

and some of the coaches gear:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: hogwood on March 29, 2017, 10:40:02 pm
I am technically a millenial, though I much prefer the slobbering hog logo that was on the court at BWA. If anyone can find a T-Shirt with that logo on it please let me know!!

Nike or whoever has the rights to produce the logos could make some money if they released a line of throwback shirts.  Slobberin Hog, Jumpin Hog, Leaning on the A Hog etc.

The closest I've came to finding throwback gear is a little store my wife shops at in Fayetteville.  It's called Southern Trend.

Here is their store:

https://southerntrend.com/collections/razorback-football

Some of the shirts they have-

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bolo1010

Quote from: factchecker on March 29, 2017, 10:21:36 pm
http://shop.arkansasrazorbacks.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Everything_Nike/pg/1/ps/60/so/newest_items

1st item on the newest item list is a basketball shirt with the running hog:

8th item on the item list is a pair of anthracite/gray shorts with the running hog.

Another pair of shorts:

All the coaches windbreakers from last season had the running hog:

I like those shorts.  The tshirt too.

Pork Twain

I like the new logo.  I like the old logo.  I do not think people that work at the local shop have any inside info on what someone like Nike or UA are planning to do.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 29, 2017, 09:31:54 pm

IF true then that's simply another reason NOT to buy overpriced Nike stuff. I don't think I've owned anything with Nike on it in 25 years or more.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 29, 2017, 07:51:49 pm
Was shopping at Hog Man's Hog Pen yesterday and the cashier tells me that they are doing away with the running hog logo on all the Nike gear, in favor of the Hog face logo. 

How do you all feel about this?  Does anyone outside Arkansas even know what that logo is?  Why would we do away with one of the most iconic logos in all of sports? 

Bull! Running hog all day everyday.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: factchecker on March 29, 2017, 10:26:00 pm
If you are worried you can call/email/tweet Chris Freet or one of our marketing/licensing directors:

Elvis Moya Associate AD - Marketing and Fan Development 479-575-6055    ejmoya@uark.edu

Mike Harris -   Director of Licensing & Revenue Generation    479-575-3517    harrismr@uark.edu

Mr. Moya is pretty good about replying quickly to questions/concerns on social media.

Thanks.  Just emailed Elvis

HappyFan

PonderinHog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 30, 2017, 07:24:54 am
Thanks.  Just emailed Elvis
It'll probably come back marked "return to sender."  That is if he hasn't already left the building.

ChitownHawg

Hogville at its finest - getting worked up over some cashier making a statement.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hog Fan...DOH!

A guy hit my wife outside of Arby's once...

NWAHog479

The cashier at "Hog Man Hog Pen".......... Pretty reliable source

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: factchecker on March 29, 2017, 10:26:00 pm

why don't we start a campaign to do away with front facing hog.  Looks to much like that sick wolf over at A State.  OH and have then take that dog howl with them that people are adding to the hog call.
Of course if Jeff Long had his way about it we would have changed our colors a few years ago to something closer to A$M an M$U

HogFoo

Quote from: factchecker on March 29, 2017, 10:41:02 pm
New football practice shorts have running hog:

and some of the coaches gear:

Brey Cook with his Fumanchu goatee looks like an adult film star from the 70's with that look. haha
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

DCHawg

Quote from: factchecker on March 29, 2017, 10:46:49 pm
Nike or whoever has the rights to produce the logos could make some money if they released a line of throwback shirts.  Slobberin Hog, Jumpin Hog, Leaning on the A Hog etc.

The closest I've came to finding throwback gear is a little store my wife shops at in Fayetteville.  It's called Southern Trend.

Here is their store:

https://southerntrend.com/collections/razorback-football

Some of the shirts they have-

THere are other retailers that sell throwback/vintage Arkansas gear.  Here are a couple of my favorites:

https://www.ae.com/shop-by-school-arkansas-razorbacks/tailgate/s-cat/8100011?cm=sUS-cUSD

http://originalretrobrand.com/college/a-m/arkansas-razorbacks.html?arrow=1&dir=desc&order=created_at

woodhog14

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on March 29, 2017, 08:45:11 pm
Front facing hog is terrible, not sure why people like it

I have not and will not ever...ever, ever, ever, ever by anything with the forward facing hog. First of all, it's not a good looking logo and second of all, nobody knows it is a logo for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I spoke with a manager at Hog Heaven in BWA during a baskeball game and told him the same thing. He said he hear's that from about 80% of the people that come in.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 29, 2017, 07:51:49 pm

Update after I emailed marketing:
Hi Brandon,

There is no truth at all to that. Sideline apparel and on-field will always be running Razorback first and forward facing as just a secondary mark (if at all). Teams have been given this as their direction when purchasing.

Nike has been making forward facing product for the last three years and retailers have had it as an option. If they are finding it popular and buying more successful that may be. It is their choice to buy or not for stores.

We will reach out to Hog Man's to clarify.

Thank you for reaching out and we appreciate your continued support of Razorback Athletics.

GO HOGS,

Elvis Moya

Elvis J. Moya
Associate Athletics Director
Marketing and Fan Development

479.575.6055 (w) | 479.575.8757 (f) | 479.200.7687 (c)
Frank Broyles Athletics Center, Rm 229  |  P.O. Box 7777  |  Fayetteville, AR 72701
Twitter: @ElvisMoyaUA |  www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com | ejmoya@uark.edu

Good news. I knew I couldn't be true.

The front facing big was designed because there are some instances were a portrait shaped logo is needed. The running hog is landscape. It makes sense and doesn't bother me. I just will never buy apparel with it.