Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring game to limit attendance

Started by ricepig, March 15, 2017, 12:34:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Don't know if it will matter, but due to construction, they plan on limiting spring game attendance to 25,000-30,000. They also will only go one way, towards the south end zone.

factchecker

March 15, 2017, 01:22:56 pm #1 Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:46:50 pm by factchecker
The fact that they canceled Razor Fest will cut the attendance.  The number of people who show up with backpacks to load up on the hand outs will be reduced tremendously.

EDIT:
Because of the construction work, the annual RazorFest activities will be conducted at Bud Walton Arena from 9-11:30 a.m. The event with inflatables, concerts, a pep rally and autograph lines was held on the north side of the stadium.

Champions for Kids, a nonprofit organization, will not sponsor the event this year, said Rick Schaeffer, spokesman for the organization.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated RazorFest would not be held this year. The event will be held at Bud Walton Arena and will not have the same sponsor.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/mar/15/despite-construction-hogs-plan-play-spring-game-ca/

The free loaders can go to Bud Walton to fill their backpacks.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

factchecker

Quote from: Stephen Greene on March 15, 2017, 01:32:29 pm
why?

Lack of space and safety if I had to guess.

Half of LOT 44 is gone or occupied with construction equipment.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 01:37:28 pm

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/mar/15/despite-construction-hogs-plan-play-spring-game-ca/

Makes no sense. Hold it in a different quarter acre setting around the stadium. Shaffer is making excuses for something.

Limit attendance to 25-30K? Sorry, that makes no sense either. 

Player safety? Do we have Forrest Gump and he's going to run through the north end zone?

Bizzare article

ricepig

Quote from: Stephen Greene on March 15, 2017, 02:05:58 pm
Makes no sense. Hold it in a different quarter acre setting around the stadium. Shaffer is making excuses for something.

Player safety? Do we have Forrest Gump and he's going to run through the north end zone?

Bizzare article

Considering that's the only time they'll be in the stadium due to construction, it makes perfect sense. Only thing bizarre, is your response.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 02:26:29 pm
Considering that's the only time they'll be in the stadium due to construction, it makes perfect sense. Only thing bizarre, is your response.

:D

So they're doing construction all over the stadium? Nope.

And that's okay, some good people told me you don't ever know what you're talking about.

theFlyingHog

This is all going off quotes from CBB. Sorry but I think the head coach has other things to worry about other than the logistics for the spring game. Which is not to say I feel he should not be speaking or thinking of it, I just feel that there are other people who would be in a better position to work the logistics of playing a game in an area that may be impacted by construction.

hogsanity

Quote from: Stephen Greene on March 15, 2017, 03:12:49 pm
:D

So they're doing construction all over the stadium? Nope.

And that's okay, some good people told me you don't ever know what you're talking about.

and someone told me you are yet another dup account.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tusks

Who are the 2 players coming back from ACL's to participate in spring ball ?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawgar The Horrible

OUTSTANDING! That should provide a valid reason for the idiots that want to b**tch about the lack of spring game attendance from the comfort of their La-Z-Boys. But I doubt it.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: tusked on March 15, 2017, 04:03:24 pm

Boateng I believe would be one.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: tusked on March 15, 2017, 04:03:24 pm

Britto Tutt and Kofi Boateng.  They both were injured the second week of camp last fall.  The second week of August, less than a week apart.  Both had their surgeries soon after and I've heard they're progressing nicely.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 15, 2017, 04:48:24 pm
Britto Tutt and Kofi Boateng.  They both were injured the second week of camp last fall.  The second week of August, less than a week apart.  Both had their surgeries soon after and I've heard they're progressing nicely.

Glad to hear that. I know they had high expectations for both of them.
Go Hogs Go!

swineology

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 15, 2017, 04:48:24 pm

Coach B says both are at 90%

:razorback: :razorback:

Pigsknuckles

What channel will the Spring Game be on?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 16, 2017, 07:37:40 am
Whole Hog Sports said back in February that the tentative broadcast schedule has it on SEC Network.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Three and Snout

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 16, 2017, 07:37:40 am

WatchESPN has it at noon on the SEC Network

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on March 16, 2017, 07:43:27 am
Whole Hog Sports said back in February that the tentative broadcast schedule has it on SEC Network.
Quote from: Three and Snout on March 16, 2017, 08:00:46 am
WatchESPN has it at noon on the SEC Network

That will teach me to be snarky. Given HV past pre-game history, and the direction of this thread, my question was a tad on the facetious side. Thanks for taking the high road. Good information guys. :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

go hogues

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2017, 12:34:39 pm
...they plan on limiting spring game attendance to 25,000-30,000.
lol. Like we'll have more than that anyway.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

LCAPTP

"CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated RazorFest would not be held this year. The event will be held at Bud Walton Arena and will not have the same sponsor."

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on March 16, 2017, 10:00:05 am

Not now, they're limiting it.......

parallaxpig

This is a left field question but there has been a lot of construction debris and dirt filter over the field. How do they clean that up. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Dwight_K_Shrute

The reported attendance last year was 30,400.  I doubt that many actually sat in the stands and watched the game.  So their estimated limit is basically going off of last years attendance.  I don't think too many people will be turned away if any.

I just don't understand people b'tching about this.  It's during a construction year.  It's for 1 year 1 spring game.  If it's for safety, logistics or whatever it's very understandable.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 16, 2017, 11:27:42 am
The reported attendance last year was 30,400.  I doubt that many actually sat in the stands and watched the game.  So their estimated limit is basically going off of last years attendance.  I don't think too many people will be turned away if any.

I just don't understand people b'tching about this.  It's during a construction year.  It's for 1 year 1 spring game.  If it's for safety, logistics or whatever it's very understandable.

Because for some here EVERYTHING is a conspiracy or a cover up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2017, 11:40:51 am
Because for some here EVERYTHING is a conspiracy or a cover up.

Correct, Jeff doesn't want everyone to see his underground parking lot for AD'S only, everyone knows those cameras are fake news.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 11:42:38 am
Correct, Jeff doesn't want everyone to see his underground parking lot for AD'S only where he parks his Harley, everyone knows those cameras are fake news.

FIFY.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 11:42:38 am
Correct, Jeff doesn't want everyone to see his underground parking lot for AD'S only, everyone knows those cameras are fake news.

I'm reporting you to Ashley Judd for threatening me

ricepig

Quote from: Stephen Greene on March 16, 2017, 11:50:09 am
I'm reporting you to Ashley Judd for threatening me

Fine, I'm telling Rachel Maddow that you're a closet liberal.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 16, 2017, 11:44:49 am
FIFY.

Everyone knows Harley's aren't allowed to be owned by athletic department employees anymore.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2017, 11:52:57 am
Fine, I'm telling Rachel Maddow that you're a closet liberal.

Cha ching! Man you guys are on a roll today!

factchecker

Quote from: go hogues on March 16, 2017, 10:00:05 am

Spring Game Attendance through the past years:

2010- ?
2011- 42,000
2012- 45,250
2013- 51,088 (record)
2014- 30,000
2015- 41,200
2016- 30,546
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Got an idea that will likely draw fire:  Take the Spring Game to Little Rock and WMS.  Let that section of the State see the Hogs.  Make it a Big Deal.  Stay out of the Construction situation and share the Hogs with the rest of the State.  Suggest it would draw a decent crowd.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 12247 on March 18, 2017, 05:59:29 am
Got an idea that will likely draw fire:  Take the Spring Game to Little Rock and WMS.  Let that section of the State see the Hogs.  Make it a Big Deal.  Stay out of the Construction situation and share the Hogs with the rest of the State.  Suggest it would draw a decent crowd.

I have a better idea. Let's leave the GSD to die!

parallaxpig

You got first game of season. Try getting people to go that one.......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

They looked at moving it, decided against it.

longpig

Quote from: parallaxpig on March 18, 2017, 08:33:23 am
You got first game of season. Try getting people to go that one.......

Truth. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2017, 08:45:34 am
They looked at moving it, decided against it.

I remember going to some spring games in WMS years ago when they were allowed more spring practices. We had some really good teams back then and they still didn't draw that well. I'll admit spring games across the country were not made to be a big deal back then as they are today.

moses_007

They should just play it at Little Rock. 

I remember the days when there were two spring games, one at Little Rock and another in Fayetteville.

LZH

Quote from: Stephen Greene on March 15, 2017, 02:05:58 pm

Bizzare article

They may have scaffolding and skytracks in the NEZ by then....it's not always just a smoke screen.

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

moses_007

Stephen Greene

Quote from: LCAPTP on March 16, 2017, 10:06:49 am
"CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated RazorFest would not be held this year. The event will be held at Bud Walton Arena and will not have the same sponsor."

told ya!

Stephen Greene

Quote from: LCAPTP on March 16, 2017, 10:06:49 am

I'll take my groveling apologies from hogsanity and ricepig now

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: LZH on March 18, 2017, 02:32:48 pm
They may have scaffolding and skytracks in the NEZ by then....it's not always just a smoke screen.

Rumor has it they are putting in a skeet range.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: Stephen Greene on March 28, 2017, 06:11:59 pm
I'll take my groveling apologies from hogsanity and ricepig now

Apologize for what, posting a link? The only thing I'm sure of, is you're somehow related to the missing link.....