Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BR: hogs contending?

Started by LRRandy, July 01, 2015, 04:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

hoghiker

I'm a Hog fan to the core. I want them to be contenders. I'm looking forward to the season but, honestly, I'll believe it when it starts happening.

Hawgzinbowlz

Fair arguments, and it seems that in the SECW 8 wins would continue our improvement.

We'll see if we can win on the road in the SEC and win the games that hang in the balance going through the fourth quarter.

Playing in the SECW, week after week, sure is fun.

" GO HOGS "

ballz2thewall

the ole miss comparison isn't valid.

the style of play on offense is very different. basically, when the wheels fell off of bo wallace, ole miss was stuck, and badly.

arkansas is a far different team, offensively. i wouldn't want to see BA get hurt, but he's far easier to replace than it is to replace the "star" qb in freeze's system.

also, ole miss, though good, was clearly overachieving last year. they finally tanked. it happens. again, this is due to style of play on offense in my opinion. they had absolutely zero running game and no qb to throw the ball but wallace.

i'm being a bit overly critical of the article, admittedly.
The rest of the frog.

flagstaffhog

Thanks for posting. I appreciate anything HOG football  related right now. As for the article,  my thoughts are that we will be a contender. If injuries take a toll and we fall short, sure I'll be  disappointed.  But that just means I'll be  looking forward to the 2016 season even more...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: flagstaffhog on July 02, 2015, 09:49:39 pm
Thanks for posting. I appreciate any HOG related right now. As for the article,  my thoughts are that we will be a contender. If injuries take a toll and we fall short, sure I'll be  disappointed.  But that just means I'll be  looking forward to the 2016 season even more...

Go HOGS Go!

I'm already counting 2016 as a step back, but see 17 and 18 getting better each season...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Mike_e

Everyone was saying that we were going to have to go through a five year rebuild when CBB was hired.

I think that this is still true it's just that we're looking at a higher ceiling than most expected.

Times are good!
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

31to6

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 02, 2015, 09:52:01 pm
I'm already counting 2016 as a step back, but see 17 and 18 getting better each season...
It depends on a lot of factors but mainly I think 2016 success depends on how many of our JRs leave for NFL and how well we do in 2015. If we have a truly great season (10+ wins) it will be hard to repeat that with a new QB. But I think there are so many fundamental building blocks being put into place that we will still be a 8-9 win type team most of the time.

Carl Lazlo

If the oline can stay healthy, look out! 10+ Wins

Dominicanhog

I thought it was a good article, nice research, mostly accurate.... I agree  8.5 wins would be about right.. we'll go as far as our QB play will take us....  providing we don't get decimated with injuries...

I think our Defense will be better ,but we'll still give up some points.. can we score late to win, can we get first downs to hold leads and burn the clock, that'll be the difference between 7 and 11 wins... I think we win some, lose some ...

GuvHog

Quote from: Mike_e on July 03, 2015, 08:41:35 am
Everyone was saying that we were going to have to go through a five year rebuild when CBB was hired.

I think that this is still true it's just that we're looking at a higher ceiling than most expected.

Times are good!

Those who said it would be a 5 year rebuilding deal were exaggerating a good bit IMHO. Bret Bielema doesn't need 5 years and he's proving it.

Yes, I do believe the Hogs will be contenders this year. IMHO if the Hogs leave Tuscaloosa undefeated, this will be a HUGE season for them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawg66

MSU had the best offense in the SEC last year.  They torched LSU for 570 yards and 34 points, had 429 yards against Bama and scored more vs the Tide than they did the Hogs.  Throwing stats out without context doesn't reveal a lot.  Arkansas held MSU to their 3rd lowest output in yards and their lowest point total of the season.

They'll be contenders barring injuries to key players.  The Hogs are still not deep enough to withstand that.

nchogg

I agree with mike_e except it will not take Coach B 5 years to build his team just to build the depth.

TheRazorback500

Injuries seem to be the consensus. We stay healthy, we contend. If we don't, we probably won't. We have an experienced team, especially on offense, and have a chance to build momentum because of the favorable early schedule. The team seems to have good chemistry among themselves and with the coaching staff. I would think Herbert has them in great condition.  I'm confident in at least 9 wins.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

pigture perfect

I think we will contend when we least expect it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Mike_e on July 03, 2015, 08:41:35 am

Times are good!

Agreed.   Thank God.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

The NewEra

Quote from: GuvHog on July 03, 2015, 12:57:30 pm
Those who said it would be a 5 year rebuilding deal were exaggerating a good bit IMHO. Bret Bielema doesn't need 5 years and he's proving it.

Yes, I do believe the Hogs will be contenders this year. IMHO if the Hogs leave Tuscaloosa undefeated, this will be a HUGE season for them.

More times than not I find myself disagreeing with you.  Not here!  I think you are spot on Guv!

Iwastherein1969

its time....a 5th year senior QB...Bama has issues, AU is inconsistent and we get them at Fayetteville, time to reassert dominance over Aggie, Ole Miss and LSU have no QB and all Miss St has is a QB....so that leaves the Vols....we beat UT @ Knoxville, the West is ours....at that point, if every Razorback fan who has enough money needs to have his/her butt parked in a seat in Atlanta to watch the Hogs do the unthinkable, win the SEC in football...it can happen, I'd put our % at winning the SEC at 35%...time for the one out of three thing, rock, paper scissors, to come up in our favor....the luck goes to the Hogs this year...it truly is "OUR TIME"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 04, 2015, 11:48:05 am
its time....a 5th year senior QB...Bama has issues, AU is inconsistent and we get them at Fayetteville, time to reassert dominance over Aggie, Ole Miss and LSU have no QB and all Miss St has is a QB....so that leaves the Vols....we beat UT @ Knoxville, the West is ours....at that point, if every Razorback fan who has enough money needs to have his/her butt parked in a seat in Atlanta to watch the Hogs do the unthinkable, win the SEC in football...it can happen, I'd put our % at winning the SEC at 35%...time for the one out of three thing, rock, paper scissors, to come up in our favor....the luck goes to the Hogs this year...it truly is "OUR TIME"

Head says ... not quite there yet.

Heart says ... Woo Pig Sooie!  Let's hope!
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.