Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 Bold predictions for the SEC this fall

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 01, 2015, 02:56:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Hollywood_HOGan45

I hope that guy is dead wrong.

I couldn't handle another coaching change and another rebuild.

phadedhawg

srsly...

another coaching change would probably do me in...

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: phadedhawg on July 01, 2015, 03:28:10 pm
srsly...

another coaching change would probably do me in...

I really want to believe that Bielema wants to do something here that's never been done before he leaves. He and his wife seem to really love it at UA and the fans seem to love him as well.

I just can't see him bolting after year 3. Too early.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Author admits it's just pie in the sky type speculation.  He also says Bielema would not leave for a college job and loves it in Arkansas.  While Bielema may indeed leave one day for the NFL I don't think it's any time in the next few years. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 01, 2015, 03:43:31 pm
I really want to believe that Bielema wants to do something here that's never been done before he leaves. He and his wife seem to really love it at UA and the fans seem to love him as well.

I just can't see him bolting after year 3. Too early.

Bielema picked Arkansas specifically because the Hogs had never won an SEC championship but were potentially a good enough program to win with some consistency given the right coaching.  Essentially, he is here because when he wins it will be solely his own legacy against the toughest possible competition in the college football world, filling the NFL with players he developed.

That sort of ego trip really isn't available in the NFL.  And the reality is it's proving harder than he thought but now he's got some momentum.  AFTER he wins big in the SEC only then does he become a real risk to jump and only if he thinks it harder to sustain a successful program than to take a shot at a Super Bowl ring.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on July 01, 2015, 04:09:14 pm
Bielema picked Arkansas specifically because the Hogs had never won an SEC championship but were potentially a good enough program to win with some consistency given the right coaching.  Essentially, he is here because when he wins it will be solely his own legacy against the toughest possible competition in the college football world, filling the NFL with players he developed.

That sort of ego trip really isn't available in the NFL.  And the reality is it's proving harder than he thought but now he's got some momentum.  AFTER he wins big in the SEC only then does he become a real risk to jump and only if he thinks it harder to sustain a successful program than to take a shot at a Super Bowl ring.

I agree. I hope AFTER he wins big here he feels the love so much that he will want to retire here.

Biggus Piggus

Why on earth would he guess Bielema is ready to jump to the NFL? Nothing left in his ass after pulling that out.
[CENSORED]!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 01, 2015, 04:44:20 pm
Why on earth would he guess Bielema is ready to jump to the NFL? Nothing left in his ass after pulling that out.
Totally agree! This is absolutely one of the most ludicrous predictions I've seen in years. So we're to believe that CBB is "itching" to jump to the NFL where he has little, if any, control over the players and he has to contend with prima donnas out the "wazzooo". Yep, THAT really fits in with his #uncommon man theme of how to build and coach a team!!! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

bennyl08

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 01, 2015, 05:22:15 pm
Totally agree! This is absolutely one of the most ludicrous predictions I've seen in years. So we're to believe that CBB is "itching" to jump to the NFL where he has little, if any, control over the players and he has to contend with prima donnas out the "wazzooo". Yep, THAT really fits in with his #uncommon man theme of how to build and coach a team!!! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

If the dolphins would have been convinced to draft Russell Wilson instead of Tannehill, CBB probably would be in the NFL right now (and the dolphins would probably have a few more wins over the past seasons too). However, that was before he ever came here and he strikes me as somebody who won't leave til he accomplishes what he sets out to do. So, yeah, CBB definitely does have interest in the NFL, but he isn't jumping ship after this season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bphi11ips

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 01, 2015, 04:44:20 pm

But otherwise pretty salty article.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Mike_e

Add to all that CBB seems to like his boss, which is kind of a big deal.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Biggus Piggus

Some Athlon reporter said a similar thing on Nashville talk radio, that he believed Bielema would end up coaching in the NFL before too long. He has zero experience with pro football, unless you include his minute stint in the Arena League. Do people get this from personal conversation with Bielema? Or is it some kind of bias? Can't believe Arkansas could keep a good coach?
[CENSORED]!

WizardofhOgZ

July 02, 2015, 12:11:54 pm #13 Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:16:19 pm by WizardofhOgZ
FWIW . . . which I'll admit, is not much . . . I worry about CBB leaving for the NFL at some point.  It's clearly not because of any conversation I've had with him, nor direct knowledge.  He just seems like the type that likes to accept a challenge, conquer it, then move on to another.  Not unlike what he did in coming to Arkansas . . . leaving a perennial Big 10 power for a chance to win in the SEC, the acknowledged King of conferences, at a school that had never won a SEC championship (in Football) before.

Of course, assuming he keeps the trajectory he's on, I'd like to keep him longer.  But if he at least stays here until he's reached that goal, I'd understand if he felt like he had to move to the next level at that point.  Not that I'd WANT that - but I'd understand.

So, I don't so much worry about him leaving in the next year or two.  But once he's taken us to the throne room . . . we'll see.

bennyl08

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 02, 2015, 11:54:26 am
Some Athlon reporter said a similar thing on Nashville talk radio, that he believed Bielema would end up coaching in the NFL before too long. He has zero experience with pro football, unless you include his minute stint in the Arena League. Do people get this from personal conversation with Bielema? Or is it some kind of bias? Can't believe Arkansas could keep a good coach?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25012806/disagreement-over-drafting-russell-wilson-kept-bret-bielema-from-the-nfl

They get the Bielema to the NFL because he actually was very close to becoming an NFL head coach. There is no denying he has interest in the NFL. Moreover, he gets mentioned with coaches possibly going to the NFL because his style of play is very similar to what they do in the NFL.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

MJ2

I can certainly see CBB headed to the NFL.   No use in us coming up with a short list of replacements since the ones we always name are never interested and we end up with surprises, i.e. Petrino and CBB.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 02, 2015, 12:21:36 pm
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25012806/disagreement-over-drafting-russell-wilson-kept-bret-bielema-from-the-nfl

They get the Bielema to the NFL because he actually was very close to becoming an NFL head coach. There is no denying he has interest in the NFL. Moreover, he gets mentioned with coaches possibly going to the NFL because his style of play is very similar to what they do in the NFL.

Well, there it is. Thanks.
[CENSORED]!

hogcard1964

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 01, 2015, 05:26:00 pm
If the dolphins would have been convinced to draft Russell Wilson instead of Tannehill, CBB probably would be in the NFL right now (and the dolphins would probably have a few more wins over the past seasons too). However, that was before he ever came here and he strikes me as somebody who won't leave til he accomplishes what he sets out to do. So, yeah, CBB definitely does have interest in the NFL, but he isn't jumping ship after this season.

How does anyone honestly know that he currently has an interest in the NFL?

TM Hog

It's funny that this was mentioned.  It was always in the back of my mind that coming to Arkansas allows Bielema to develop a relationship with Jerry Jones.  This could give him the opportunity for dare I say....the Cowboys? They may be looking for a new coach soon. From what I've seen so far I hope he retires from Arkansas.

bennyl08

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 02, 2015, 01:09:48 pm
How does anyone honestly know that he currently has an interest in the NFL?

They don't, unless they know him personally. That wasn't the question. The question was how does anybody know he is even interested in the NFL at all.