Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vols switch to Nike, unveil new alternate football uniforms

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 01, 2015, 02:43:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

What are the odds a meteor will become a meteorite at the exact instant it contacts the part of Nike where "alternative" college football uniforms are designed?

Nothing says football like a checkerboard on one side of the helmet...

CattleCorn

Um, is it 2011?  Have we not figured out that anthracite looks terrible on TV?   :puke:

WizardofhOgZ

Here's a bit of irony . . . I didn't like it when we introduced the anthracite uniforms.  Hated them almost as much as I hate the white helmets. 

But, for OTHER teams, I sometimes kinda like them.  For example, I don't hate these new UT uniforms.  Yes - gray/anthracite may or may not be one of the school colors for other teams, which is the same large issue I have with us wearing it.  But that's THEIR problem.  For me - a non-fan of their team - it's only about whether I find it aesthetically pleasing, or not. 

When it's OUR uniforms. I'm emotionally invested in our cardinal and white traditional look.  Don't have that problem/issue where our opponents' unis are concerned.

LRHawg

Meh. Anthracite works for teams with lighter colors such as tennessee's darn-stain orange.

HogNdazs

SkeeterHawg

Sorry but I think that is just plain and fugly...or just plain fugly.

Hog N Bama

husker71

^^    I always thought Vols had great colors and cool uniforms until now. 

JansterZ71

Those are some amazing looking alternative uniforms.  Having said that I wouldn't want Tennessee to wear them if I were a Tennessee fan.  They have some of the most historic uniforms in all of football and I wouldn't want them screwing that up.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Huckleberry Pig

for alternates they could have done a lot worse.  if i'm a tenner fan (thank goodness I'm not) I'd probably be happy about em

EastMemphisHog

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 01, 2015, 03:06:59 pm
Here's a bit of irony . . . I didn't like it when we introduced the anthracite uniforms.  Hated them almost as much as I hate the white helmets. 

But, for OTHER teams, I sometimes kinda like them.  For example, I don't hate these new UT uniforms.  Yes - gray/anthracite may or may not be one of the school colors for other teams, which is the same large issue I have with us wearing it.  But that's THEIR problem.  For me - a non-fan of their team - it's only about whether I find it aesthetically pleasing, or not. 

When it's OUR uniforms. I'm emotionally invested in our cardinal and white traditional look.  Don't have that problem/issue where our opponents' unis are concerned.

Man, I agree with every word you just said.

Please kill the white helmets.  Red helmets and white hog.  Leave...it...alone.

I'm totally with you on the other teams stuff as well.
Retired Radio Host

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jusgtohogs

Quote from: CattleCorn on July 01, 2015, 02:52:55 pm
Um, is it 2011?  Have we not figured out that anthracite looks terrible on TV?   :puke:

Ummm, 'we' (meaning Razorback fans) don't care if Tenner looks terrible on TeeVee.

Torqued pork

A little less burnt orange in the world is a good thing.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on July 01, 2015, 09:33:58 pm
Man, I agree with every word you just said.

Please kill the white helmets.  Red helmets and white hog.  Leave...it...alone.

I'm totally with you on the other teams stuff as well.

You shut your dirty mouth, Ched!  The white helmets look cool!

Birminghog

Maryland says, "Hi". Good Lord, those are ugly. The Tenner Orange was already awful, now made more so by the addition of anthracite, or bituminous, or whatever type of coal is the reference of the week. But, as, Cattle said, what do we care if they look like darn on TV? 

As for us, can wel just stay with cardinal & white in whatever combination or scheme? Oh, yeah, please avoid the checkerboard.

hogcard1964

That's hilariously bad.  I'm glad Tenn may be wearing these.