Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TTech Preview

Started by hoggusamoungus, July 01, 2015, 12:20:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Can't follow the writer's logic. Texas Tech will be improved...why? The defense looks shabby.
[CENSORED]!

Mike_e

The biggest challenge tt faces this year is getting out of DRRS with their manhood.

It might be November before they get over the beating we give them.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

rljjr

I think we have a very good chance of hanging 50-plus on TT and only give up 14-21.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Mike_e on July 01, 2015, 12:48:03 pm
The biggest challenge tt faces this year is getting out of DRRS with their manhood.

It might be November before they get over the beating we give them.

True, but Kingsbury will still be looking Hollywood cool.

EastexHawg

QuoteOf course, harassing the passer only matters if you can force your opponent to throw. Tech's pass defense was pretty efficient, but the Red Raiders had one of the worst run defenses in America. They ranked 119th in Rushing S&P+ and 120th in Adj. Line Yards. They had almost no presence in the backfield, and opposing runners were able to gain five or more yards on 45 percent of their carries. Opponents ran 67 percent of the time on standard downs (7 percent above the national average) and 34 percent of the time on passing downs (1 percent above); they knew they had nothing to fear by keeping it on the ground, and while good rushing teams like Arkansas and TCU had plenty of success on the ground, so did lesser attacks like UTEP and Iowa State.

Yes, their defense was dreadful.  Their defensive coordinator was drunk and allowing opponents to steal their play calls.  He should have been fired mid-season...as he was...for his defense's ineptitude even without the drinking on the job problem.

The Tech defense can't be any worse, but will it improve enough to make a noticeable difference?

Biggus Piggus

Kinda wondering how a team gets in the position of having a DC that bad.
[CENSORED]!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 01, 2015, 12:56:45 pm
Yes, their defense was dreadful.  Their defensive coordinator was drunk and allowing opponents to steal their play calls.  He should have been fired mid-season...as he was...for his defense's ineptitude even without the drinking on the job problem.

The Tech defense can't be any worse, but will it improve enough to make a noticeable difference?

Guess I never heard that he was tailgating for his own games. That's usually a bad idea.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 01, 2015, 12:44:26 pm
Can't follow the writer's logic. Texas Tech will be improved...why? The defense looks shabby.

It's hard to get too much worse? :o

EastexHawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 01, 2015, 01:55:09 pm
Guess I never heard that he was tailgating for his own games. That's usually a bad idea.

It's been a while since I heard the story, but I don't recall hearing that he was proven to be drunk during the games...despite the fact that his defense played like he, they, and everyone around had been on an all night, all day bender.

EastexHawg

July 01, 2015, 02:42:56 pm #10 Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:19:21 pm by EastexHawg
Quote from: HogWall Jackson on July 01, 2015, 02:25:39 pm
It's hard to get too much worse? :o

In seven games against P5 conference teams with winning records they gave up 348 points...50 per game.  The fewest they gave up was 37 against 7-6 West Virginia.  That's beyond abysmal.  Tech may have had the worst defense, especially run defense, of any P5 team in America last year.  They were the Nicholls State of major colleges in terms of not being able to slow down, much less stop, anyone.

wholehog92

I chuckled when the writer pointed out they return the entire D line.  I'm shocked none of them declared for the draft early.  The guy's statics show them having a 5% chance to beat us if I'm reading that right.  That's pretty generous.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

SamBuckhart

We could have scored more last year. 82-0 would be fine by me. Looking forward to it. ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

JethroB.

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on July 01, 2015, 12:52:55 pm
True, but Kingsbury will still be looking Hollywood cool.

I'm sure he'll find a few coed's  waiting to make it all better.

micali

Ya, 5% seems a little generous.

secneahog

Funny how last year before the game people on here thought their air raid attack would consume our defense.  Haha
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ldfergu

Quote from: rljjr on July 01, 2015, 12:51:26 pm
I think we have a very good chance of hanging 50-plus on TT and only give up 14-21.
Typically when we are over confident the game is much closer than imagined. We will get our numbers rushing but I don't think we'll make them look like last years pee wee squad we throttled in the second half. I'm gonna say 31-14

20hog11

Glad we get them right before A&M. It'll give our D more time to play against an air raid offense. I think we run all over TT just like we did last year. If we can get consistent pressure on their QB, the score should look a lot like it did last year.

gmarv

until they prove otherwise I think we do the exact same thing to them this year as we did last year.j-will ac and kodi all go over a hundred yards,and one of our guys goes for two hundred + yards.and we don,t pass the ball after the half.

rljjr

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 05, 2015, 11:24:32 am
Typically when we are over confident the game is much closer than imagined. We will get our numbers rushing but I don't think we'll make them look like last years pee wee squad we throttled in the second half. I'm gonna say 31-14

I'm assuming the "we" you mention is the fanbase. I think we can score more than last year because of the added element of what should prove to be an improved passing game, a still overwhelming advantage on the offensive line compared to their D-line, a more experienced and cohesive O-line, and the advantages we still hold in the run game with JWill and AC.

Of course they have a new DC, so that's a wrinkle that we'll have to watch and see, but we also have a new OC they have to figure out. Advantage Ark.

On the defensive side, I think we're going to be bigger and faster on the D line than their OL, our secondary should be improved and almost to a man we have better athletes across the board which may account for a TD or at least some tremendous field advantage through turnovers.

Finally, we have home field advantage. If we can build upon last year's momentum that should be worth a few points.

We both think the Hogs will win big, I just believe the potential for a devastating blowout looms larger. I can't wait for the season to start. WPS!

MuskogeeHogFan

I think that Tech will be better defensively and offensively, a better and more competitive team overall than they were last year.

That said they have Sam Houston and UTEP before us so nothing to prepare for the physical onslaught that they will receive from Arkansas and they won't have an open week to prepare, though I am sure they will be dedicating some degree of preparation to us throughout the first two weeks of their season.

I say this to caution everyone, you never take any opponent for granted. Given our staff, I am sure that they will convey the same thought process. No matter who it is, you take one team at a time, do what you need to do to prepare at a high level, execute at a high degree, win and move on. We need to view this team as a top ten, SEC-like competitor, prepare to the nth degree, be emotionally ready to play and then beat their arses.

Thankfully we as fans don't have to do these things that effect the outcome of any game, but I think that this staff is going to have this team on a mission that has set its course for excellence in this third year.
Go Hogs Go!

zane

I don't think that the term "blood bath" provides strong enough imagery for what's going to happen this year when they come to RRS

RIP LSUfan