Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great little tidbit in the Jalen Merrick article in the Arkansas DemGaz

Started by jgphillips3, July 01, 2015, 11:27:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jgphillips3

I'm sure the people in Wisconsin are thrilled by this:

"Merrick said he was impressed -- on a recruiting visit to Wisconsin -- that the players spoke highly of Bielema, who was the Badgers' coach before coming to Arkansas.

"They said it hasn't been the same at Wisconsin since Coach B left," Merrick said. "That just told me the vibe that Coach B has around his players."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/jul/01/lineman-looks-part-at-6-5-335-20150701/

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The Hogfather

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 01, 2015, 11:27:15 am

"Merrick said he was impressed -- on a recruiting visit to Wisconsin -- that the players spoke highly of Bielema, who was the Badgers' coach before coming to Arkansas.

"They said it hasn't been the same at Wisconsin since Coach B left," Merrick said. "That just told me the vibe that Coach B has around his players."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/jul/01/lineman-looks-part-at-6-5-335-20150701/

Ha!  Poor ol' Barry...

ZERO

I know exactly what they mean. Things haven't been the same here since he left Wisconsin, either.

They can thank Barry Alvarez. I sure am right now.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Wisco Pig

Interesting times for Badgers fans here in Madison.   The new football coach debuts in two months, Bo Ryan is now a lame duck over the basketball program, and Barry Alvarez will be 69 years old in December. 

jry04

Cobbler

Quote from: jry04 on July 01, 2015, 03:35:44 pm
He announced his retirement following this season.

Got it. I didn't hear that. Sucks for Badger fans.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Hoot72

Of course, they have changed coaches since Merrick was there.  The new coach coached under Coach B, and the one that left was an outsider.  May be they will get it all back.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Wisco Pig on July 01, 2015, 12:35:52 pm
and Barry Alvarez will be 69 years old in December.

That's not too old to be a fill-in coach, again, in a few years when Arkansas and Wisconsin are matched in one of the Florida bowls.  ;)

MuskogeeHogFan

I haven't had very much "in person" time around Coach Bielema, but the time I had left me impressed with the way he interacted with parents, players and his staff. In all fairness, anyone can "put on the dog when the lights come on", but he certainly seems genuine in everything he says and does. Mike Irwin and some of his fellow sportswriters on here have had more exposure to him in various venues and maybe they can speak to this more. But I came away impressed with the man and I can see why parents and players seem to love him and more importantly, trust him. 
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on July 01, 2015, 04:23:19 pm
That's not too old to be a fill-in coach, again, in a few years when Arkansas and Wisconsin are matched in one of the Florida bowls.  ;)
Yeah, and no doubt it'll be about the time ole Alvarez needs yet another fat paycheck for being a substitute HC.

Huckleberry Pig

Hog N Bama

It's called indirect blindsided KARMA! ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hog N Bama

Quote from: ZERO on July 01, 2015, 12:33:58 pm
I know exactly what they mean. Things haven't been the same here since he left Wisconsin, either.

They can thank Barry Alvarez. I sure am right now.
Ha! Good one right there.

JoeyCapital

Nice catch, counselor.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Hawgzinbowlz

Good read.

When Merrick receives offers from noted programs like Alabama, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina and, of course, Arkansas...I have to believe this many top tier programs aren't wrong in their evaluation of JM.
Coach Pittman is just the guy to make Jalen into a force here in Fayetteville.

" WOO PIG "

The Hogfather

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on July 01, 2015, 07:18:38 pm
and they pretended to be happy when he left...

Same with Missouri when Anderson left..................and then they got Stank Haith, followed by Kimmy.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Coach B has the boys believing... Hell I'm a Bielemer now..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.