Started by Porked Tongue, June 30, 2015, 10:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wholehog92

Quote from: TrueBlue on July 01, 2015, 04:36:41 pm
Popcorn Trojan logo coming up...

Popcorn hog says what?
Quote from: popcornhog on July 02, 2015, 11:12:12 am
Wow. Quite a pointless announcement. Haha
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Doug

Quote from: popcornhogWow. Quite a pointless announcement. Haha
Speaking as someone that covers UALR Trojans, I actually love this change... and based off what I've seen via Social media, I am not alone. This was a very smart move by the Trojans... Their WBB team is ridiculously good. Baseball and MBB are trending upwards (new coaches). Chase Conque is doing what he was tasked with: raising the profile of the LR Athletics team... and giving the Coaches the tools they need to continually move forward and to even recruit more effectively. It's easier to market yourselves when you have a more distinct name. Trust me on that. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

JayBell

Quote from: popcornhog on July 02, 2015, 11:12:12 amWow. Quite a pointless announcement. Haha

Pretty much.  They could have done this with an email.

That's why I expected more since they made such a big deal about it.

Porked Tongue

Anyone think this was a counter act to the "flashing the A" sign?

pigture perfect

I'm still upset over Arkansas College being changed to Lyon. But I wouldn't be opposed to LRU changing the mascot. The Trojans lost the Trojan War. Why would you cheer for the losers?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 02, 2015, 01:53:05 pm
Anyone think this was a counter act to the "flashing the A" sign?

More like a counter to the Red Wolf knock off of the Hook 'em Horns sign.

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

DeltaBoy

Tempest in a Teapot.  Proud Grad 1991 UALR TROJANS.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LZH

If they're going from the U of A at LR to just LR, they should have done that decades ago.  I've always wanted to see that program to succeed, but they just don't have the support (money and/or fans) to sustain a program like Memphis or Tulsa.

TomasPistola

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 02, 2015, 08:39:58 pm
More like a counter to the Red Wolf knock off of the Hook 'em Horns sign.

That's actually the Wolfpack symbol made famous by NC State and I guess the nWo.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.