UALR Doesn't Exist

Started by Porked Tongue, June 30, 2015, 10:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Justifiable Hogicide

GatorHog

popcornhog

WPS

Porked Tongue

It's interesting in that it was announced on a LR station.

Wonder if they'll cover UCA?

Justifiable Hogicide

It's just the TV station trying to be a little too cute and a little too clever.
They will be covering Little Rock College/LRU/UALR under whatever new name the school announces tomorrow.

Porked Tongue

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

Porked Tongue

June 30, 2015, 11:11:32 pm #8 Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:48:21 am by Porked Tongue
Changing it all it appears.

New school name, logo and the mascot will be the "Bangers"

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: Porked Tongue on June 30, 2015, 11:11:32 pm
Changing it all it appears.

New school name, logo and he mascot will be the "Bangers"

Seriously?

twistitup

University of The Rock

Home of the Bangers
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

BPsTheMan

This is unacceptable!  >:(

Paul Bryant Jr is obviously behind this, in violation of the 10th Amendment with the Alabama BOT usurping jurisdiction in Arkansas. THAT SON OF A BITCH!

We CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN. And some good Arkansans are taking action. I do know at this moment Pondwater Jack is stopping traffic I-630 in protest. HOPEFULLY Arkansas State-Beebe and Arkansas State-Jonesboro will join forces with Jack and get some momentum going to pull national attention away from the Greek economy, and on UALR the way it should be!!!!

And was THIS something that Hilary Clinton was emailing about earlier, and WILL NOT RELEASE?? I guess we will never know, right?  >:(

BPsTheMan

could we possibly have Paul Bryant Jr banned from DRRS?

I've also got some buddies who are working on getting him banned from Cajun's Wharf and from CJ's Butcher Boy Burger in Russellville

we need to expand that!

>:(

TheGunther

everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: TheGunther on July 01, 2015, 10:18:44 am
Ahem:

http://www.ualrtrojans.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7400&ATCLID=210175495

Yep, it already looks like their fans are upset

Paul Bryant Jr needs to be investigated just as much as Bobby Lowder  >:(

Boardon Hamsay

Wow! Shocking! UALR is just the first step. This will only put UAPB, SAU, UAM, ATech, OBU, Hendrix, et. al. on the chopping block. >:(

Newspapers will likely follow suit. At some point, the only source of UALR athletic info will be the Memphis Commercial-Appeal!!!  Can you imagine the societal breakdown that would result from having to read the Memphis Commercial-Appeal?   >:(

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on July 01, 2015, 10:42:34 am
Wow! Shocking! UALR is just the first step. This will only put UAPB, SAU, UAM, ATech, OBU, Hendrix, et. al. on the chopping block. >:(

Newspapers will likely follow suit. At some point, the only source of UALR athletic info will be the Memphis Commercial-Appeal!!!  Can you imagine the societal breakdown that would result from having to read the Memphis Commercial-Appeal?   >:(

and it's pretty obvious this Gunther poster is possibly distantly related to the Bryant family, seeing as he is running anti-UALR propaganda on here

Dwight_K_Shrute

you know when you call yourself the Trojans and are announcing new branding and logos it opens up so many possibilities.  Trojan Man
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: twistitup on July 01, 2015, 05:19:19 am
University of The Rock

Home of the Bangers

This could be the Alma Mater:

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

JayBell

The switch to "Little Rock" is a good one, IMO, but I'm disappointed they kept the same lame mascot, color scheme and logo.  I feel dumb for letting myself get a little excited about it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: JayBell on July 01, 2015, 11:20:33 am
The switch to "Little Rock" is a good one, IMO, but I'm disappointed they kept the same lame mascot, color scheme and logo.  I feel dumb for letting myself get a little excited about it.

Not to be confused with Slippery Rock....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BPsTheMan

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 01, 2015, 11:27:29 am
Are you insane?

This is the work of the Bear himself....from beyond the grave!

shutup liberal  >:(

popcornhog

So is UALR now the University of Little Rock? Little Rock University? Or is it just a change in the logo from UALR to LR?

I just went to UALR.edu and it's still UALR.
WPS

Rev. Jerry Falwell

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 01, 2015, 11:30:47 am
shutup liberal  >:(

Rax, we gotta contain this....I'm hearin' that Wes Moore has now refused to talk to his wife.......

Rev
Goats are handy...milk, cheese, mower, fertilizer, sex toy, BBQ.  They're like the swiss army knife of animals.......you can quote me on this....

JayBell

Quote from: popcornhog on July 01, 2015, 11:33:34 amSo is UALR now the University of Little Rock? Little Rock University? Or is it just a change in the logo from UALR to LR?

I just went to UALR.edu and it's still UALR.

It's just athletics.  It's just like how other programs drop "University" or "College" from their name in athletics.  Arkansas isn't the "University of Arkansas" in sports.  They're just Arkansas.  UALR is just dropping the "UA" part of the name for sports.

Rev. Jerry Falwell

Quote from: JayBell on July 01, 2015, 12:12:16 pm
It's just athletics.  It's just like how other programs drop "University" or "College" from their name in athletics.  Arkansas isn't the "University of Arkansas" in sports.  They're just Arkansas.  UALR is just dropping the "UA" part of the name for sports.

DAMN!  That's just like Fruit O' the Loom just becomin' Fruit.....

Rev
Goats are handy...milk, cheese, mower, fertilizer, sex toy, BBQ.  They're like the swiss army knife of animals.......you can quote me on this....

Boardon Hamsay

I bet the "UA" was dropped because we're down to one game in WMS.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rev. Jerry Falwell on July 01, 2015, 12:14:07 pm

Rev

Or "Froom". Either way, I concur, Rev.

BPsTheMan

Rev

Paul Bryant Jr will RUE THE DAY he declared war on Lanny's university

Lanny, if you want to implement a retaliatory policy of dirty tricks against Paul Bryant, I will help you out on that. Fight fire with fire I say.

Against Nick Saban too. Saban's got to be involved in this. What people really don't understand about Saban is this: he's small - he really just needs his ass beaten. A physical ass beating. No chance to yell and piss and moan at a press conference.

Who could whip Nick Saban's ass from here on Hogville? Alot of folks. But I think Reverend Jerry is who we should start with. Rev needs the exercise, and whipping Nick Saban's ass is really nothing more than just a light cardio workout - which Rev needs.

Lanny, please give me the okay to proceed, or better yet, just don't respond to this and I'll take that as an implicit "okay to proceed" but with you keeping deniability in the situation.

Boardon Hamsay

I think SAU should follow suit and drop the A too. Instant and likely very personal rivalry with Southern University.

Rev. Jerry Falwell

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 01, 2015, 01:02:29 pm
Paul Bryant Jr will RUE THE DAY he declared war on Lanny's university

Lanny, if you want to implement a retaliatory policy of dirty tricks against Paul Bryant, I will help you out on that. Fight fire with fire I say.

Against Nick Saban too. Saban's got to be involved in this. What people really don't understand about Saban is this: he's small - he really just needs his ass beaten. A physical ass beating. No chance to yell and piss and moan at a press conference.

Who could whip Nick Saban's ass from here on Hogville? Alot of folks. But I think Reverend Jerry is who we should start with. Rev needs the exercise, and whipping Nick Saban's ass is really nothing more than just a light cardio workout - which Rev needs.

Lanny, please give me the okay to proceed, or better yet, just don't respond to this and I'll take that as an implicit "okay to proceed" but with you keeping deniability in the situation.

Now wait just a flyin' friggin' minute here, Racks......me and Saban tangled in a South Dakota Sonic back in the 60s, but he was about five and I was too old to get drafted.....I kicked his sorry little ass for sure, but I ain't quite as nimble as I used to be...maybe I could just write him a nasty letter......

Rev

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Rev. Jerry Falwell on July 01, 2015, 01:08:38 pm
Now wait just a flyin' friggin' minute here, Racks......me and Saban tangled in a South Dakota Sonic back in the 60s, but he was about five and I was too old to get drafted.....I kicked his sorry little ass for sure, but I ain't quite as nimble as I used to be...maybe I could just write him a nasty letter......

Rev

Good point Rev

Saban would probably kick your ass

I'll check with Ponderin - he and Saban probably starting drinking Ensure at about the same time, but I'm pretty sure Ponderin can take him.

Cinco de Hogo

Rev

Low hanging at that!

Rev. Jerry Falwell

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 01, 2015, 01:11:26 pm
Good point Rev

Saban would probably kick your ass

I'll check with Ponderin - he and Saban probably starting drinking Ensure at about the same time, but I'm pretty sure Ponderin can take him.

I just hope Pinder' don't whoop his ass and then change his mind....not sure how that would work, but Pander' can do some weird shite sometimes.....

Rev

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 01, 2015, 10:48:01 am
and it's pretty obvious this Gunther poster is possibly distantly related to the Bryant family, seeing as he is running anti-UALR propaganda on here

It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Penders was in on this as well.....and it has probably been in the works since before Darrell Royal went all floating and flaming spectral head in Barnhill and the BAC. >:(

wholehog92

Pretty sure Matt Shanklin is tied up in this somewhere.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on July 01, 2015, 02:20:23 pm
It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Penders was in on this as well.....and it has probably been in the works since before Darrell Royal went all floating and flaming spectral head in Barnhill and the BAC. >:(

You bring up excellent points Slatherdome.

Instead of whatever improvements Paul Bryant Jr thinks this will bring at UALR, and as an aside, the improvements that Arkansas State-Jonesboro wants on it's stadium, ANY AND ALL OF THAT MONEY needs to go to renovation of Barnhill, and the Hyper while we're at it.

If that son of a bitch Paul Bryant Jr may not like it.. Well guess what, that's tough.

Rev. Jerry Falwell

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 01, 2015, 02:30:31 pm

Instead of whatever improvements Paul Bryant Jr thinks this will bring at UALR, and as an aside, the improvements that Arkansas State-Jonesboro wants on it's stadium, ANY AND ALL OF THAT MONEY needs to go to renovation of Barnhill, and the Hyper while we're at it.

If that son of a bitch Paul Bryant Jr may not like it.. Well guess what, that's tough.

May have the answer to our problems, Rix.....Bear Jr. is comin' over this weekend for a cook-down.....I'm gonna show him how to grill a pound of bacon....RIP Jr....in advance....

Rev

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on June 30, 2015, 10:47:39 pm

Changing back to LRU?

Yeah, had several friends that attended when it was LRU.

They had it nicknamed....."Last  Resort  Univ."

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

TrueBlue

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 01, 2015, 02:24:40 pm
Pretty sure Matt Shanklin is tied up in this somewhere.

Popcorn Trojan logo coming up...

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 01, 2015, 02:30:31 pm

I concur. PBJ is at the root cause of this and we need to respread any resources available for his cause back into Barnhill, the Hyper, and the land Jerry donated to the UofA. Even Jay Bilas would say that's proper appropriation of resources and a lid needs to be placed on PBJ.

texas tush hog

(notOM)Rebel123

"THE Little Rock University".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on July 01, 2015, 01:05:53 pm
I think SAU should follow suit and drop the A too. Instant and likely very personal rivalry with Southern University.

It was Southern State before.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

go hogues

Horrible logo. It was designed IN HOUSE! That's bush league. Embarrassing.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Sivad

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 01, 2015, 09:39:19 pm
"THE Little Rock University".
Nice one.
That would get the Jonestown Indians all aflutter.

Hogfaniam

Little Rock Trojans.

So...condoms for wee fellows?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

TheGunther

From a marketing perspective this move addresses the negative connotation that has been given to "directional" schools.  IMO it will bring more legitimacy to their division 1 basketball programs. 
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

popcornhog

Wow. Quite a pointless announcement. Haha
WPS