Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missing workouts

Started by Slimac4, June 30, 2015, 09:42:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimac4

There's some drama unfolding on Twitter between our offensive linemen and some people missing workouts. Hope they get this fixed and grow closer through this.

mhsbc59

who are the disgruntaled
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: mhsbc59 on June 30, 2015, 09:56:20 pm
who are the disgruntaled

Dan Skipper is PISSED!! LOL

@DanSkipper76: I have never been a part of anything more unbelievable than what I have experienced today.

Someone then tweeted Dan asking what happened, he responded:

@DanSkipper76: Some of us didnt show up for a 6am workout this morning, then we proceeded to do the same thing for an 8pm workout. (this tweet has been deleted, I am paraphrasing).

Reeve Koehler also had a tweet that has since been deleted, ill post it as I remember it:

@RKoehler54 How hard is it to set an alarm and wake up to that alarm in the morning? Ive been doing it for years

Mitch Smothers posted:

@MitchSmoths65 3rd time is a charm so maybe everyone will show up tomorrow...but then again maybe not.

I find it funny but I bet coach Herbert doesnt  :)

PorkRinds

Coach B will knock some heads.

Slimac4

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 01, 2015, 12:02:35 am

@DanSkipper76: I have never been a part of anything more unbelievable than what I have experienced today.

@DanSkipper76: Some of us didnt show up for a 6am workout this morning, then we proceeded to do the same thing for an 8pm workout. (this tweet has been deleted, I am paraphrasing).

Reeve Koehler also had a tweet that has since been deleted, ill post it as I remember it:

@RKoehler54 How hard is it to set an alarm and wake up to that alarm in the morning? Ive been doing it for years

Mitch Smothers posted:

@MitchSmoths65 3rd time is a charm so maybe everyone will show up tomorrow...but then again maybe not.

They were all referring to a freshman linemen that's been here since Spring semester... He should know better...

chitwnhog

Yeah....somebody is gonna be in the Bielema doghouse.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Slimac4 on July 01, 2015, 12:36:00 am
They were all referring to a freshman linemen that's been here since Spring semester... He should know better...

???

A few details at least, please?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

NLRHog92

cpohog

Hmmmmmm That narrows it down!

Josh Allen, Jalen Merrick or Zac Rogers are the only freshmen O Linemen that have been there since spring that I know of......but then again what do I know?

CFB_Fanatic

Mitch Smothers: @DanSkipper76 @TevinBv80 @GOLDENGRIZZ59 Go to bed. We have workouts in the morning

;D

Slimac4

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 01, 2015, 01:25:50 am
Josh Allen perhaps?

Yea they were all raggin on him pretty hard.

onebadrubi

I believe Kirkland took up for him though saying something along the lines of we all make mistakes and have to learn from them. 

Hog N Bama

I remember when I was in college.  Simple solution was get out of bed immediately when alarm goes off... or ....well you know what happens if you don't.

Steef

Quote from: Hog N Bama on July 01, 2015, 05:44:20 am
I remember when I was in college.  Simple solution was get out of bed immediately when alarm goes off... or ....well you know what happens if you don't.

I don't remember sleeping much in college.

Theolesnort

This is good leadership and a example of a great kind of peer pressure. The new frosh learn about accountability and what it takes to be a great leader in return, if the pressure takes. It can be like a chain reaction.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Seebs

As a former Rush chairman ( enter Animal House quote here)  you can either invite someone to the party or go get them. One means more than the other.

They need to drag their butts out of bed  - maybe  Full Metal Jacket style.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: steefhog on July 01, 2015, 06:25:11 am

I was going to say... it would have been easier to not go to bed.. 6am, not sure my alarm even had those numbers on it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 01, 2015, 12:59:12 am

Whoever that is will not want to be there again!

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 01, 2015, 06:27:57 am
This is good leadership and a example of a great kind of peer pressure. The new frosh learn about accountability and what it takes to be a great leader in return, if the pressure takes. It can be like a chain reaction.

This! +1

Dang I try to teach this to my employees. Some just won't get it. A few do. Hold your team member accountable and your job gets much easier and more enjoyable. If your co-worker isn't showing up to work on time and you look the other way, he will keep doing it. If everybody busts his chops about it, he will either stop or leave. Either way, the team is better off.

I wish I saw more young people with that leadership quality.  It would make me feel better about our future.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 01, 2015, 12:02:35 am

Mitch Smothers posted:

Note the scheduled time of the work outs. 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. The staff is doing their best to try to help the kids stay out of trouble over the summer. Love it.
Go Hogs Go!

gmarv

for all the problems skipper (the leg whip penalty standsout in my mind) has had looks like he s one of the leaders.think he might be a good leader and better for the learning he,s went thru.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Seebs on July 01, 2015, 06:44:10 am
As a former Rush chairman ( enter Animal House quote here)  you can either invite someone to the party or go get them. One means more than the other.

They need to drag their butts out of bed  - maybe  Full Metal Jacket style.

There is a such thing as being self motivated..............................In other words they shouldn't have to drag anyone out of bed.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 01, 2015, 08:10:56 am
There is a such thing as being self motivated..............................In other words they shouldn't have to drag anyone out of bed.

This... Free ride to an SEC West school with a great shot at the NFL should be motivation enough...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

East TN HAWG

This!!  Coach B will not have to do anything when you have Skipper, Kirkland and gang taking care of the issue.  The only issue I see is that it should not be on a public forum such as twitter.  This should be  private matter.  It be addressed the old fashion way with socks and bars of soap. 

UAfanatic

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 01, 2015, 08:17:06 am
This... Free ride to an SEC West school with a great shot at the NFL should be motivation enough...

Having the long view as an 18 year old kid in college.. that happens all the time.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 01, 2015, 07:06:01 am
Note the scheduled time of the work outs. 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. The staff is doing their best to try to help the kids stay out of trouble over the summer. Love it.

I know some coaches from years ago that would have had them working out at high noon in 100 degrees with 99% humidity outside with the sun blaring down on them!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog N Bama on July 01, 2015, 05:44:20 am

I had a friends daughter once ask me what was the most important thing in college and I said "an alarm clock, because your mom isn't going to be there to get your butt out of bed and make you go to class".

ChicoHog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on July 01, 2015, 08:23:27 am
This!!  Coach B will not have to do anything when you have Skipper, Kirkland and gang taking care of the issue.  The only issue I see is that it should not be on a public forum such as twitter.  This should be  private matter.  It be addressed the old fashion way with socks and bars of soap. 
Exactly.  We love the leadership but it should be a private matter within the team.  Now people start speculating and it gets out of hand in the rumour mill. 

WaltonCollege

I think it's just college kids messing with each other on twitter I'm not overly concerned

hogsanity

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 01, 2015, 12:59:12 am

I would rather BB be mad at me than Skipper.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Kig

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 01, 2015, 09:07:14 am
Exactly.  We love the leadership but it should be a private matter within the team.  Now people start speculating and it gets out of hand in the rumour mill. 

This generation has grown up on social media.  This is their way of handling it.  The fact that the posts have been taken down is probably the coaches direction (after they commend them for taking initiative).   
Poker Porker

SONofHAM

One of the guys(I think it was Reeve) was laughing at the player in question on twitter for saying...."they are OPTIONAL workouts."  It's clear that missing these is not accepted by our veterans.  Love it!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SONofHAM on July 01, 2015, 10:24:56 am
One of the guys(I think it was Reeve) was laughing at the player in question on twitter for saying...."they are OPTIONAL workouts."  It's clear that missing these is not accepted by our veterans.  Love it!

That's like saying sex is optional on your honeymoon....................Not on mine it wasn't!

KlubhouseKonnected

In many ways success is optional. You can choose not to have any.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RzRbAcK18

In high school my back fence was the only separation between my house and the weight room. If I got lazy and attempted to skip morning workouts I was awoken to cold water and beatings from teammates. Sounds like someone is going to need something along these lines.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 01, 2015, 11:11:25 am
That's like saying sex is optional on your honeymoon....................Not on mine it wasn't!

Are you saying your wife didn't want to have sex on your honeymoon, cuz I'll bet Josh Allen isn't too excited about 6:00 am workouts. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

gmarv

Quote from: hogsanity on July 01, 2015, 09:39:51 am
I don,t know looks like a no win kind of thing.skipper could give most of us a good ole butt kicking,but cbb could kick your mine and our butts down the road to uca.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 01, 2015, 08:40:01 am
I know some coaches from years ago that would have had them working out at high noon in 100 degrees with 99% humidity outside with the sun blaring down on them!

And they would have felt the need from that solitary workout in the heat of the day to go out at night and consume copious amounts of cold brew and chase some gals, knowing that they had until 1 p.m. the next day to recover.

A 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. workout makes it more difficult to do that, comfortably.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 01, 2015, 06:20:38 pm
And they would have felt the need from that solitary workout in the heat of the day to go out at night and consume copious amounts of cold brew and chase some gals, knowing that they had until 1 p.m. the next day to recover.

Also makes it hard to get 8 or 9 hours of sleep to allow broken down muscles to recover and grow.  Sort of contrary to everything I've ever read about training. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hog.goblin

Quote from: steefhog on July 01, 2015, 06:25:11 am

As far as the first two years go I don't remember much at all from college.

SamBuckhart

This WILL be handled internally by leaders who take these workouts seriously.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hvsupastar

Quote from: hogsanity on July 01, 2015, 09:39:51 am

Would you rather die by car wreck or plane crash?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

gibby

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 01, 2015, 09:33:03 pm
Also makes it hard to get 8 or 9 hours of sleep to allow broken down muscles to recover and grow.  Sort of contrary to everything I've ever read about training. 
I'm quite sure they're not working the same muscle groups in back-to-back workouts, so it's all good.

HogShat

I thought our strength and conditioning coach was named Master Strength and Conditioning Coach by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches association, and that honor is the highest given in the strength and conditioning profession. He probably knows whats up....

hogcard1964

I'd hate to pi^& Skip off.

ChitownHawg

Thinking the same thing. Coaches probably told to delete tweets and get the freshmen in line and in private.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

wholehog92

Are you seriously questioning our Strength and Conditioning program schedule.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/may/06/ua-strength-and-conditioning-coach-earns-recogniti/

QuoteFAYETTEVILLE — The University of Arkansas strength and condition coach is set to receive a prestigious national recognition.
The university announced Wednesday that Ben Herbert will be named Master Strength and Conditioning Coach by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches association. The honor is the highest given in the strength and conditioning profession.
Herbert oversees the Razorbacks' sports teams and works closely with the football program. He is in his third season with the Razorbacks after spending the previous 11 years at Wisconsin.
Herbert will be recognized in a ceremony Thursday evening at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn.

I searched the internet over bphi11ips strength and conditioning and didn't find any sort of recognition at all.  Perhaps I am misunderstanding your intent.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ChitownHawg

The legacy of last year's seniors living on.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 01, 2015, 05:57:39 pm
Are you saying your wife didn't want to have sex on your honeymoon, cuz I'll bet Josh Allen isn't too excited about 6:00 am workouts. 

Haha! Not at all! We had several 6:00 AM "workouts" on our honeymoon!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 01, 2015, 06:20:38 pm

No they still had the early and late workouts. Things weren't as limited back then..............................