Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just another day...

Started by PorkBilly, June 28, 2015, 09:25:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

If the article is right and He was protecting his mother that's not a bad thing...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 28, 2015, 09:30:02 am
If the article is right and He was protecting his mother that's not a bad thing...

Correct, I have no problem with that.

PorkBilly

Neither do I...the point is, this kind of behavior is less likely to occur on Dickson Street or any other part of Fayetteville. Why....Bielema. In case you forgot, their probable starting QB was kicked out of Clemson, and last fall was arrested after a fight with police outside a bar. He stated he would " return with an AK 47 and spray the place". Not the type of football player CBB seeks.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PorkBilly on June 28, 2015, 09:43:50 am
Neither do I...the point is, this kind of behavior is less likely to occur on Dickson Street or any other part of Fayetteville. Why....Bielema. In case forgot, their probable starting QB was kicked out of Clemson, and last fall was arrested after a fight with police outside a bar. He stated he would " return with an AK 47 and spray the place". Not the type of football player CBB seeks.

CBB isn't perfect to the point of being 100% with every player he recruits, and he can't utilize mind control on 18-22 y/o men.  I hate reading this kind of holier than thou crap cause I can already see the responses when one of our players screws up......And it will eventually happen.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PorkBilly

Crap?  Holier than thou?  Would you recruit a player who says he'll be back with an AK47?  I don't think that is holier than thou, my friend. I do believe his consequences for misbehavior are greater than most. Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PorkBilly on June 28, 2015, 10:01:16 am
Crap?  Holier than thou?  Would you recruit a player who says he'll be back with an AK47?  I don't think that is holier than thou, my friend. I do believe his consequences for misbehavior are greater than most. Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Of course I wouldn't.....Reread my post.     This response is ridiculous.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

presidenthog

I think the story everyone is missing is the fact that laremy tunsil is from Florida and suddenly his whole family lives in oxford. seems odd that someone would move to thier kids college town when he is only going to be there 3-4 years.

JansterZ71

Quote from: PorkBilly on June 28, 2015, 09:25:07 am
on the Square in Oxford

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2015/06/27/ole-miss-laremy-tunsil-domestic-violence-arrested/29398237/

This post is full of fail.  Tunsil was a 5* recruit,  will be a top 10 draft pick and just defended his mother.  And he plays at Ole Miss. I can respect that instead of trying to insult him. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

robs4516

Quote from: PorkBilly on June 28, 2015, 09:43:50 am
Neither do I...the point is, this kind of behavior is less likely to occur on Dickson Street or any other part of Fayetteville. Why....Bielema. In case you forgot, their probable starting QB was kicked out of Clemson, and last fall was arrested after a fight with police outside a bar. He stated he would " return with an AK 47 and spray the place". Not the type of football player CBB seeks.

I agree that it appears Bielema is doing a great job of bringing in and guiding responsible young men, but I'd bet serious money that most, if not all, of his players wouldn't stand around and watch their stepfather shove their mother without stepping in.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

Hawgey-Davidson

Hate the situation but love the caption under the pic of him. Check it out.

HighcountryHog

If he was truly protecting his mom from a potential harmful situation then I would like to shake the guy's hand.  I don't care what he said.  I've been in that situation before, and I'll gladly threaten someone else's life if they're threatening my family's or my own safety.  Absolute zero tolerance for violence against women.  Just as bad as a murderer, rapist, or pedophile, IMO.

I'd like to think that while CBB and staff are bringing well disciplined young men that stay out trouble,  if this were to happen within the Razorback program that the player would do the same thing(maybe hold out the part withe AK47). 
no bumps, no fat chicks

robs4516

Quote from: presidenthog on June 28, 2015, 10:09:50 am
I think the story everyone is missing is the fact that laremy tunsil is from Florida and suddenly his whole family lives in oxford. seems odd that someone would move to thier kids college town when he is only going to be there 3-4 years.

You make an interesting point. Ole Miss brought in his younger brother in the next signing class, in a somewhat clandestine manner, at least according to this:

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2014/7/28/5945991/ole-miss-recruiting-laremy-tunsil-hugh-freeze-alex-weber-cheetin-bears

There's nothing illegal about bringing in his younger brother (who apparently wouldn't have gotten an SEC offer otherwise), but that coupled with your observation does make it easier to question OM's recruiting tactics and how Freeze had such a great 2013 class.

First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

lahawg1

While I would expect any son to protect his mother something's not right with this. If he was protecting his mother like we are led to believe then why is she pressing charges also?

From the article:
Freeze said that Laremy Tunsil and his mother have pressed charges against Miller.

bennyl08

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 28, 2015, 12:37:06 pm
While I would expect any son to protect his mother something's not right with this. If he was protecting his mother like we are led to believe then why is she pressing charges also?

From the article:
Freeze said that Laremy Tunsil and his mother have pressed charges against Miller.

Why would she press charges against the step-father who abused her? Not the faintest clue...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hawgwash

I think I read elsewhere the stepfather sought and was granted a restraining order against the football player. If true, that puts a different light on the matter.

RazorPiggie

Agreed.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hawgwash on June 28, 2015, 01:39:02 pm
I think I read elsewhere the stepfather sought and was granted a restraining order against the football player. If true, that puts a different light on the matter.

If someone had put their hands on my mother they WOULD need a restraining order against me.  I wouldn't be waiting for the next time he did something or I saw him to confront him.
Retired Radio Host

Laughing Hog

Quote from: hawgwash on June 28, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

"Miller also asked for and received a restraining order against Tunsil, which was issued by Lafayette County judge Mickey Avent on Friday. The order includes Miller's two sons, Derek and Darius, as other persons to be protected."
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

ZERO

Quote from: PorkBilly on June 28, 2015, 09:25:07 am
on the Square in Oxford

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2015/06/27/ole-miss-laremy-tunsil-domestic-violence-arrested/29398237/

Five of your eight posts since October have been about Ole Miss, and every one of them has been ridiculous. There are lot's of things to make fun of Ole Miss about, I don't know why you're reaching.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

trphog

Nothing wrong at all with this kid protecting his mom. Regardless if the guy filed a restraining order against him or not. Sounds like an uncommon kid. No sarcasm.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Not sure who is telling the truth about this incident.  As usual, two different stories.  Hope they get to the truth & punish the real aggressor.  If this player was protecting his mother, good for him.  If the player was in the wrong..... doubt that Freeze will really do much about it. Whatever the story, this will probably all be resolved by football season.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Doug

Tunsil and his Mom took out restraining orders against Miller, as well.

Right now, it's a "He said, He Said" situation. Based on the LIMITED facts at hand, I'm not so sure I would be looking strictly at Tunsil as being the lone instigator here.

Tunsil (and Freeze) have admitted that he didn't handle this in the best possible way, but when it comes to family, you do NOT put hands on a parent and not expect kids to react.

I'm just glad this didn't turn into another Markel Owens situation (Google his name if you're not familiar with this incident from nearly 18 months ago).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hogarusa

Why does that seem odd?  I realize you are reaching to somehow turn this story into a recruiting violation
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

younghog

Quote from: Hogarusa on June 29, 2015, 07:53:21 am
Why does that seem odd?  I realize you are reaching to somehow turn this story into a recruiting violation

I feel ya. Not odd.. at all.. Especially if its their only child and parents can transfer jobs.. Why not get closer to watch him play..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

GolfnHog

The issuance of restraining orders is a common occurrence in family violence follow up. What you need to remember RO's are worthless if  someone wants to inflict injury onto you even with a RO.  It's just paper but they do make a good backup to toilet paper if needed.

If the young man was defending his Mom then I hope the stepdad has some physical reminders of why you don't hit a woman or a Momma.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

JansterZ71

Meh not really.  It happens way more than you might think.  Many of these families don't have great jobs if any jobs in the first place.  Most likely they get jobs at some of the boosters businesses,  whether it's legal or illegal it doesn't matter.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

rwspear

wholehog92

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 28, 2015, 12:37:06 pm

From the article:

Are you saying the mother shouldn't have pressed charges against the man that was pushing her around?

For a thread started to make fun of Ol Miss, this is a bunch of illiterate Hog fans.  If you want to make fun of Ol Miss, I'm certainly all for it.  Just work on technique.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

rhog1

PorkBilly

So, according to the step father (and his son) Tunsil walked in from traveling around town with agents,  shoved him when the stepfather extended his hand, then jumped on the stepfather and continued to beat him until Tunsil was pulled off the stepfather by four other men. Is this correct? No mention of the mother's accusation that she was pushed or physically touched by her husband, other than Coach Freeze stating that his player was protecting his mother, is that correct? This all just seems to be rather strange when you add in the fact Tunsil's brother was given a full football scholarship by Coach Freeze a year after Leremy ( while not one other offer extended by any school) and it was not publicly divulged nor has he played a down. This is followed by offering a schollie to a QB who was evicted from Clemson and continued to be associated with bar brawls. Now the Black Bears are doing backflips over another 5 star who decommitted from Arizona  and pledged to be a Bear when his brother was offered a coaching position with the Black Bears. Oh, did everyone forget about this previous skirmish and subsequent round of lawsuits?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24477920/report-nkemdiche-brothers-file-counter-claim-in-assault-lawsuits

So is this a "holier than thou" attitude to say I don't think Coach Bret Bielema operates like this?

Dropkick

Freeze is HDN 2.0 with a better offensive mind

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PorkBilly on June 30, 2015, 02:50:05 pm
So, according to the step father (and his son) Tunsil walked in from traveling around town with agents,  shoved him when the stepfather extended his hand, then jumped on the stepfather and continued to beat him until Tunsil was pulled off the stepfather by four other men. Is this correct? No mention of the mother's accusation that she was pushed or physically touched by her husband, other than Coach Freeze stating that his player was protecting his mother, is that correct? This all just seems to be rather strange when you add in the fact Tunsil's brother was given a full football scholarship by Coach Freeze a year after Leremy ( while not one other offer extended by any school) and it was not publicly divulged nor has he played a down. This is followed by offering a schollie to a QB who was evicted from Clemson and continued to be associated with bar brawls. Now the Black Bears are doing backflips over another 5 star who decommitted from Arizona  and pledged to be a Bear when his brother was offered a coaching position with the Black Bears. Oh, did everyone forget about this previous skirmish and subsequent round of lawsuits?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24477920/report-nkemdiche-brothers-file-counter-claim-in-assault-lawsuits

So is this a "holier than thou" attitude to say I don't think Coach Bret Bielema operates like this?

Bro, you need to let the "holier than thou" thing go from my above statement.   You're not even defending it from the context I applied it to you correctly.  And BTW, I'm not defending anything about Ole Miss.

What I'm saying is that you and others like you, that just loves them some gloating, are setting us all up for an epic backlash.   Americans relish the opportunity to throw stones at people that make minor stumbles and mistakes, in order to make themselves feel better about their lives which are typically lived in a more haphazard style.

When you rub their face in how great you are and they aren't, you'd better be perfect.  Only one person is perfect.

That was it.   Now you can go back to arguing with the others about who was right, wrong, or somewhere in between.
His response to me:

PorkBilly

Really?  I don't think I made any reference to me being perfect, CBB being perfect, or anyone else being perfect. Nor am I passing judgement on Mr Tunsil, his stepfather, his brother, his mother, or any of the other characters involved in Mississippi's recruiting. Mississippi seems to be having a lot of public issues with respect to their football players lately. Why do you think that is happening to them more than Arkansas? I'm not sure I understand any of the rest of the stuff you are addressing with regard to Americans throwing stones or arguments I'm having with others. Really. Take care and WPS.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Hogarusa on June 29, 2015, 07:53:21 am
Well a poster on another board is saying an agent was involved in the altercation.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Country Stylz on June 30, 2015, 08:45:18 pm
Well a poster on another board is saying an agent was involved in the altercation.
Agents being involved is NOT a NCAA violation.  Only receiving money/gifts from them.

BudWhite

If he was defending his Mom you can't blame him.  :razorback:

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Dropkick on June 30, 2015, 03:05:21 pm
Freeze is HDN 2.0 with a better offensive mind

That's debatable.  Just look at the last 5 games against BCS teams.  This is a time when your team should be playing its best ball but in 3 of those 5 games they scored a total of 10 points; 7 against LSU, zero against the Hogs, and 3 against TCU. 

Freeze and Miles are the two worst coaches in the SEC but at least Miles seems sincere.  Freeze is just a goofy-acting, phony, sleaze-bag.   

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: JansterZ71 on June 30, 2015, 10:41:36 pm
Agents being involved is NOT a NCAA violation.  Only receiving money/gifts from them.

Would free transportation, i.e. giving players free rides, not be considered a benefit? If not please let me know where I can get a free, chauffeured ride. I didn't realized such an entitlement existed.   

wholehog92

Quote from: PorkBilly on June 30, 2015, 02:50:05 pm

Does that version of the story even make sense to you in real life or are you just looking for something that says what you want it to say?

When was the last time you seen someone go from being pampered all day long to walking into a room with someone they know and just start whaling unprovoked?  He likely traveled up there with step dad and mom, so if he wanted to just randomly beat the guy down, you don't think he had time previous to this?  You think he waited until he'd been pampered all day to decide that was the time to go about it.  I get the feeling something is left out of Brother and step dad's version of the story.  Just a hunch.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

PorkBilly

I'm searching for something to validate any of the stories. All of this came from the state news print. Very disconnected. Lots of speculation but little bits of fact. Evidently there was an argument between momma and step father....that much seems true. The only testimonial is that of Freeze, who said he respects Leremy protecting his mother.  I still have not seen anything that states step father did anything physical to momma, but maybe he did. There just seems to be a lot of clandestine activity in Oxford surrounding recruiting/players.  The Bears have never attracted highly rated players until Freeze, along with Maurice Harris and Chris Kiffin arrived. If Chris learned anything from brother Lane, we probably should not be surprised.  That was the basis for the thread....more turmoil, restraining orders, lawsuits, fights, hiring of relatives to get recruits, awarding scholarships to relatives, agents floating around, transfers from other major schools with the tag of "a pattern of behavior that is not consistent with the values of their program."( but I guess is consistent in Oxford)....on and on. I'm right here in it. I hear about their great "family" daily.

HogShat

Quote from: PorkBilly on July 01, 2015, 03:32:14 pm
I'm searching for something to validate any of the stories. All of this came from the state news print. Very disconnected. Lots of speculation but little bits of fact. Evidently there was an argument between momma and step father....that much seems true. The only testimonial is that of Freeze, who said he respects Leremy protecting his mother.  I still have not seen anything that states step father did anything physical to momma, but maybe he did. There just seems to be a lot of clandestine activity in Oxford surrounding recruiting/players.  The Bears have never attracted highly rated players until Freeze, along with Maurice Harris and Chris Kiffin arrived. If Chris learned anything from brother Lane, we probably should not be surprised.  That was the basis for the thread....more turmoil, restraining orders, lawsuits, fights, hiring of relatives to get recruits, awarding scholarships to relatives, agents floating around, transfers from other major schools with the tag of "a pattern of behavior that is not consistent with the values of their program."( but I guess is consistent in Oxford)....on and on. I'm right here in it. I hear about their great "family" daily.

It is Mississippi....Js...

PorkBilly

Well, maybe arranging consultation with agents is part of the recruiting process, I dunno. The courthouse in Oxford should be active on July 14. Does the head coach attend functions like that? Seriously.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/laremy_tunsils_stepfather_says.html

PorkBilly

Here's some evidence...

Still waiting for something other than Hugh Freeze saying Leremy told him he was protecting his momma.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/02/college-fb-star-laremy-tunsil-brutal-post-fight-pics-in-alleged-stepdad-attack/

Sivad

Right Reverend Freeze's recruiting tactics fixing to get exposed.

PorkBilly