Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Takeover schedule June 30th(Hogs for 24 hours)

Started by Porked Tongue, June 27, 2015, 03:13:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorJAcker

Lots of misses here, IMO.  No Arkansas-UVA baseball from the 2009 CWS?  That might be the best college baseball game ever.  No Miracle on Markham?  No 1994 title game vs. Duke?  How in the world do you not show that one?

Hog N Bama

For those that did not record the LSU at Ark football game last yr. it airs on SEC Network at 7:30am Tue June 30th  ;D :razorback:

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: razorJAcker on June 27, 2015, 10:31:00 pm
Lots of misses here, IMO.  No Arkansas-UVA baseball from the 2009 CWS?  That might be the best college baseball game ever.  No Miracle on Markham?  No 1994 title game vs. Duke?  How in the world do you not show that one?

Here's why no DUKE game:  *Takeover schedules were created from available television inventory; NCAA Championships were not available for re-air.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

HogScoutMaster

Lets not forget 7th Heaven !!!!

OOPS just read...lol its there!  but why in the hell do we have to rehash the 1999 game vs TN. 
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Biggus Piggus

This means the SEC Network wasn't going to pay much for rebroadcast rights. They're mostly re-using the inventory they own.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on June 29, 2015, 02:31:48 pm

OOPS just read...lol its there!  but why in the hell do we have to rehash the 1999 game vs TN. 

Because it was awesome. And it also elicited Paul Eells' best-ever touchdown call.
[CENSORED]!

razorbacker3

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on June 29, 2015, 02:29:00 pm
Here's why no DUKE game:  *Takeover schedules were created from available television inventory; NCAA Championships were not available for re-air.

I guess that's just for Arkansas as Alabama is showing 5 NCAA NC games tonight.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 29, 2015, 02:34:19 pm
Because it was awesome. And it also elicited Paul Eells' best-ever touchdown call.

Will never forget attending that game. Greatest football moment for Arkansas in the 90s.

HighcountryHog

Did they not consult with any Razorback affiliated people in choosing these?  I don't think they did a very good job with their choices. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

FraggleHog

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on June 29, 2015, 02:31:48 pm

You must be thinking of 1998... 1999 was Stoerner's revenge game.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

rljjr

Quote from: highcount_hog on June 29, 2015, 04:05:27 pm
Did they not consult with any Razorback affiliated people in choosing these?  I don't think they did a very good job with their choices. 

The University picked them all.

HoggusMaximus

I'm not gonna lie, that jim lindsey commercial is getting pretty old fast.

hei5manhog

I think it's pretty clear this is the best of the Jeff Long Era Razorback Takeover. Not that there aren't good/great wins on this list, but they are all his hires represented. I suppose that makes sense even if we don't get to watch D-Mac or Matt Jones, Corliss, etc.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

rhames

Quote from: hei5manhog on June 30, 2015, 11:24:40 am
I think it's pretty clear this is the best of the Jeff Long Era Razorback Takeover. Not that there aren't good/great wins on this list, but they are all his hires represented. I suppose that makes sense even if we don't get to watch D-Mac or Matt Jones, Corliss, etc.

Do you really think Jeff long picked the games?

Pretty sure a Matt jones overtime game is going to be shown.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

mhsbc59

ESPN doesnt own the rights to the 94 basketball game CBS does dought ESPN wants to put anything on they dont own
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Paul

hei5manhog

Quote from: rhames on June 30, 2015, 11:27:45 am

pretty sure he had a hand in it. it's our biggest showcase on the network to date.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

hei5manhog

Quote from: rhames on June 30, 2015, 11:27:45 am

and no...the 7 OT game is not being shown that I can tell.

FraggleHog

Quote from: hei5manhog on June 30, 2015, 01:45:51 pm
and no...the 7 OT game is not being shown that I can tell.

Directly copied and pasted from http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/secntakeover-schedule/

"2001 Ole Miss vs. Arkansas (Football) It took seven overtimes, but Arkansas came away from Oxford with a 58-56 victory in what is tied for the longest game in NCAA history. The Razorbacks rushed for seven touchdowns, including three Hogs who broke the 100-yard mark."
Calling the Hogs from DFW

rhames

Quote from: hei5manhog on June 30, 2015, 01:43:26 pm
pretty sure he had a hand in it. it's our biggest showcase on the network to date.

Lol pretty sure your guess is as good as anyone's considering you don't even have your facts straight on what is or isn't being shown
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hei5manhog on June 30, 2015, 11:24:40 am

Gawd how hard is it to understand? They are repurposing material that won't cost them a lot to rebroadcast. They ain't gonna pay much to CBS in the process.
[CENSORED]!