Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly moving to 99.5 in NWA?

Started by WorfHog, June 18, 2015, 12:21:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfHog

I noticed 99.5 running ads for Bo's showing saying their coming to that station in a couple weeks? Are they leaving The Ticket 92.1? Going to run on both stations? 

The Hogfather

WorfHog

The Hogfather

WorfHog

Two I think but I don't listen until around 4 most days

Dwight_K_Shrute

Basically a move to align his show with ESPN affiliated stations.  The article lists his affiliates in other parts of the state as well.

His show runs from 2-6 with 6 to 7 typically being a "best of" that day, usually the interviews with guests they had on during the day.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2589265
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Calling All Hogs

If Bo would update his website once every year or two it would be a cheap way to help build his Central Arkansas listeners. He still has 93.3 as his Central Arkansas affiliate.

jusgtohogs

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 19, 2015, 11:29:00 am
Basically a move to align his show with ESPN affiliated stations.  The article lists his affiliates in other parts of the state as well.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2589265
Don't know any of the players but, more likely, it's a move to a station willing to air his show.

Hankweb

Difficult to get reception on Conway station 92.7 in Little Rock and his show was pre-empted by Cardinals broadcast a couple of times that I tried to listen.

The_Hog_Father

Tune in app works great in Chicago, LA and even on my trips to Brazil.

WorfHog

I guess it makes sense, but 99.5 doesn't have nearly as good a signal as 92.1.  It really starts to fade past Bentonville.

hawgXi

Quote from: Hankweb on June 22, 2015, 02:10:54 pm
Difficult to get reception on Conway station 92.7 in Little Rock and his show was pre-empted by Cardinals broadcast a couple of times that I tried to listen.

I'm in NLR & 92.7 comes in pretty good.

just happend to be on the dial last week and unexpectedly caught bo's show while running an afternoon errand.

the next day about the same time of day, I  tried to tune in again & caught the cardinal game, too.

MDW

Bo's show is also supposed to be on in LR on 100.7 or 100.3 FM (Sorry, I can't remember exactly).  I don't know if it has started on that station yet, but it was shown on a graphic that was aired on last weekend's Pig Trail on KARK/KNWA.

The_Iceman

Quote from: WorfHog on June 22, 2015, 03:33:44 pm
I guess it makes sense, but 99.5 doesn't have nearly as good a signal as 92.1.  It really starts to fade past Bentonville.

This. And, sometimes in spots down Walnut, it fades in and out with another station.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Hankweb on June 22, 2015, 02:10:54 pm
I have trouble pulling it in as well in downtown LR. Guess I'll use a radio app on my iPhone when football season gets here.

bigstyx

Quote from: jusgtohogs on June 22, 2015, 01:28:10 pm
  Don't know any of the players but, more likely, it's a move to a station willing to air his show.
This. I don't know the specifics of the move, but I do know all of the players well. ESPN affiliates have no actual affiliation with each other. He wouldn't leave the 92.1 signal by choice. Cumulus either chose to go another direction or they were no longer comfortable with the financial arrangement. Either way, 99.5 was the only station willing to air his show in NWA.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

woodhog14

Quote from: bigstyx on June 25, 2015, 04:45:08 pm
This. I don't know the specifics of the move, but I do know all of the players well. ESPN affiliates have no actual affiliation with each other. He wouldn't leave the 92.1 signal by choice. Cumulus either chose to go another direction or they were no longer comfortable with the financial arrangement. Either way, 99.5 was the only station willing to air his show in NWA.

What sucks about Bo's show moving to 99.5 is that his show will only be on from 2-4, so you won't get to hear the whole show. Why would they only play the first 2 hours. Bad programming IMHO.

Wayne Watson

Everything about 99.5 sucks.  From the Manager all the to the down.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Bo just tweeted me and says he will on from 2-7 just like at 92.1.
We don't rent pigs

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on June 22, 2015, 01:21:13 pm
If Bo would update his website once every year or two it would be a cheap way to help build his Central Arkansas listeners. He still has 93.3 as his Central Arkansas affiliate.
the best way to help listeners is to quit having a show. He is awful.

woodhog14

Quote from: Wayne Watson on June 25, 2015, 05:29:46 pm
Bo just tweeted me and says he will on from 2-7 just like at 92.1.

Good, I'm glad it will be the same. He did say on the Pig Trail on KNWA the other night that the show would be changing to 99.5 and airing from 2-4. Must have just misspoke...

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on June 25, 2015, 05:35:44 pm

You should go listen to his interview with Robb Smith, great information in it.  :razorback:

If you just hate Bo... Well, I get it. I knew him in the early days when I was a Cameraman for KATV and he was a bit of an a$$ but he seems to have matured.

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

bigstyx

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 25, 2015, 04:50:16 pm
Finebaum coming to 92.1, Bo moving to 99.5

Makes perfect sense. Current 92.1 GM was Finebaum's GM at his home station in Birmingham a few years back. They have a strong connection.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: bigstyx on June 25, 2015, 04:45:08 pm
So you know certain people and because of that you don't need to know the specifics to engage in speculation as to the specifics?

There were a number of factors involved in the move including the fact that 99.5 was extremely receptive to the creation of a new lead in show to Bo's show from 12 to 2 PM which they will carry. Aaron Peters, Dudley Dawson and I will be featured on the new show and we will also appear on Bo's show on selected days.

Our first day is Monday and we are all looking forward to it.

Hogpkins

Woo! I'm looking forward to it too. Great news!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 25, 2015, 08:39:24 pm
So you know certain people and because of that you don't need to know the specifics to engage in speculation as to the specifics?

There were a number of factors involved in the move including the fact that 99.5 was extremely receptive to the creation of a new lead in show to Bo's show from 12 to 2 PM which they will carry. Aaron Peters, Dudley Dawson and I will be featured on the new show and we will also appear on Bo's show on selected days.

Good news. The Morning Rush is good early morning. Glad to have MI, AP, & DD on during lunch, wrap it up with Bo on the drive home. Kudos to 99.5.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dwight_K_Shrute

That's great.  Need to make a spot for your buddy and all around good guy Wess Moore.  Really liked you guys on Game On. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Hog_Father

This IS really great news! Can't wait to hear you guys on Monday.

Congratulations.

Wooo Pig!! :razorback:

bigstyx

Yes Mike. My Arkansas radio career was not quite as long as your TV career, but closer than most. Having been intimately involved in many similar decisions, I have earned the right to speculate on situations that I am uniquely qualified to weigh in on. You can spin this particular one however you like, but I stand solidly behind my speculation that this move was not Bo's choice.

Sivad

92.7 for Bo has been hit or miss; usually a miss with something else being broadcast.
Hope his show gets better exposure in central Ark by football season, Bo has the best and most informative guests and puts on a good show.

Mike Irwin

You were in radio for a long time and that gives you the earned right to say that 92.1 dumped Bo's show. It gives you the earned right to accuse me of spinning the truth. You have the right to make these claims with no specific information because you're really good at speculating as the result of having been in radio for a long time.

Solid logic there.  ???

bigstyx

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 26, 2015, 01:14:48 am
You were in radio for a long time and that gives you the earned right to say that 92.1 dumped Bo's show. It gives you the earned right to accuse me of spinning the truth. You have the right to make these claims with no specific information because you're really good at speculating as the result of having been in radio for a long time.

Solid logic there.  ???
Speculation and opinion is a major part what Hogville is. Without it, there is no Hogville. It is not my tenure that allows me offer my insight, It is my specific knowledge of the current arrangement between Bo and Cumulus. It is my specific knowledge of the goals and priorities that corporate radio entities have concerning these arrangements. The deal Bo had did not align with the objectives of Cumulus. It would be logical that they would attempt to restructure the deal at the end of the current contract to be more in line with what they are trying to achieve financially from the arrangement. The proposed restructure probably did not meet Bo's expectations. Bo would have two major criteria 1) how many people his show can reach with acceptable signal clarity 2) How much money he can make through sponsorship and his share of the spot advertising revenue. It is not logical to move his show to an inferior signal that compromises his earning potential by choice. To say that he chose to leave the deal he had in place to move to an inferior signal because Hog Radio was receptive to the idea of a new 2 hour lead in show is certainly not "solid logic".

SONofHAM

Very pleased this is happening!

I've never been a big fan of 99.5 mainly due to the poor signal at times in NWA and the constant turnover of hosts for their shows over the years.  Having said that, this move sounds great.  I look forward to the new Razorback Round Table show with trusted voices in Mike Irwin, Aaron Peters, and Dudley, and now I won't have to switch stations throughout the day to get my Hog fix. 

The addition of this new lead in show to Bo will be light years better than Nick Mason and company...and it comes at a great time since Scott Van Pelt is no longer on ESPN radio. 

Well done 99.5.  We are basically swapping out Nick and the uncomfortable recruiting show for trusted sources and also getting Finebaum on 92.1.  Great news!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

PintailKiller

Quote from: hawgXi on June 23, 2015, 06:01:02 am
I'm in NLR & 92.7 comes in pretty good.

just happend to be on the dial last week and unexpectedly caught bo's show while running an afternoon errand.

the next day about the same time of day, I  tried to tune in again & caught the cardinal game, too.
92.7 is terrible in WLR.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

WorfHog

Thanks for the good news Mike, I miss listening to Game On. I'll certainly be tuning in Monday afternoon!

razoredge178

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on June 25, 2015, 05:35:44 pm

Really? I think he's a modern miracle to the guy he got bumped for.

Hawgzinbowlz

I enjoy Bo, most of the time.

I certainly wish 99.5 had a better signal.

" GO HOGS "

wholehog92

Looking forward to hearing Finebaum when Bo doesn't have as good of guests.

Also looking forward to Mike on the radio again.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The_Hog_Father

June 29, 2015, 02:24:56 pm #39 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:48:25 pm by Pigs in Zen
Can't find it in the tune in app... Any suggestions?

Found it... Please read below.

Wooo Pig!! :razorback:

DamonBoost

I as well am having no luck finding it online. I can get Bo's show locally here in LR on the previously mentioned stations stations but and really looking for a way to hear Mike and the show leading into Bo's.

How can we listen online? 

gmarv

?? for mike will you aaron and dudleys show be on 96.3?

The_Hog_Father

June 29, 2015, 02:47:42 pm #42 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:33:26 pm by Pigs in Zen
You can find Bo's Show like always on your laptop by going to his website and clicking "Listen Now".

I found it on the "tune in" app by tuning in to "The Hog Network" The HOG 1290. I just got it to tune in... I only heard a bit of the new show with Mike/Crew on this same station on this app.

HeismanHawg

The morning guys are what I listen to every morning and I enjoy them.

The Hog Call from 12-2 was hard to listen to. Game On was a much better show (just being honest). Listened to you guys this afternoon and I'm glad you are back on

I enjoy Bo's show as well and he has great guests on.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: gmarv on June 29, 2015, 02:40:23 pm
?? for mike will you aaron and dudleys show be on 96.3?
I don't know of any plans for that.

Wayne Watson

Can anyone get Bo's show in south Arkansas?  My son-in-law is having trouble finding it in the El Dorado area.
We don't rent pigs

GO

Quote from: Wayne Watson on June 29, 2015, 06:20:50 pm
Can anyone get Bo's show in south Arkansas?  My son-in-law is having trouble finding it in the El Dorado area.

Wayne I wish. I live in El Dorado and all that is carried on the radio here is Drive Time and it got moved to the AM station so once it gets dark you can't pick it up 2 miles out of town... Well, really when you think of it, that is a good thing! I can't stomach that show any more. I listen to Bo, but it through the Tune In app. Bluetooth in a car is the best thing ever for those of us in low populated areas.

twistitup

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on June 22, 2015, 02:27:24 pm
Tune in app works great in Chicago, LA and even on my trips to Brazil.

you work for FIFA?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The_Hog_Father

OLDHOG