Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maryland and Rutgers to B1G

Started by texas tush hog, November 17, 2012, 04:34:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

texas tush hog

CBS Sports reporting that serious negotiations between Maryland and the B1G are ongoing for the Terps to join the B1g followed shortly by Rutgers.

jbcarol

If they can expedite that, we get a road game against a B1G team.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The_Iceman

Bye Bye Big East.

It's also gonna stink to not have Maryland in the ACC in basketball.

ncrebel

Maryland would have to pay $50 Million to the ACC for an exit penalty. 
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ncrebel on November 17, 2012, 04:41:58 pm

They are apparently willing to chance it.

Doyle Hograves

I know the ACC voted on that, but Maryland and FSU voted against that exit fee. Can either team be held to something they didn't vote for?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

jbcarol

They would be allowed to complain.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ThisTeetsTaken

Heard the B1G might foot the bill for Maryland. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

exit19

Awesome news.  That means UNC and VT to SEC

Murr

UMD's president/chancler/fearless leader said in a Washington Post interview a couple of days after that vote and the Notre Dame vote that the new exit fee has no merit.  At best it is a starting point for negotations on a punitive exit fee. Also noted in that article was UMD's president earned is law degree at some Ivy League school.  A link to the article should be in the realighment thread.

nole10591

Quote from: exit19 on November 17, 2012, 07:11:15 pm
Awesome news.  That means UNC and VT to SEC
wrong.....Swofford ACC HEAD HONCHO IS A UNC GRAD.. He will keep the tobacco road boys together nc state , unc & duke
So long lost DECADE !!!

ChicoHog

November 17, 2012, 08:46:58 pm #12 Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:57:12 pm by ChicoHog
ACC should have invited Rutgers and Uconn when they took Pitt and Syracuse.  Big Ten wants NYC market and Maryland gives them Baltimore/DC market.  neither one of these areas are big college football towns but they have millions of people and TV sets.  I wish ND would have gone to Big Ten instead of ACC.  makes much more sens geographically.  I really hate all this conference expansion crap.  I blame it all on the Longhorn network.  that really started the domino effect.  Put A&M and Mizzou back in the big 12 where they belong! 

kc_hawg

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 17, 2012, 08:46:58 pm
ACC should have invited Rutgers and Uconn when they took Pitt and Syracuse.  Big Ten wants NYC market and Maryland gives them Baltimore/DC market.  neither one of these areas are big college football towns but they have millions of people and TV sets.  I ND would have gone to Big Ten instead of ACC.  makes much more sens geographically.  I really hate all this conference expansion crap.  I blame it all on the Longhorn network.  that really started the domino effect.  Put A&M and Mizzou back in the big 12 where they belong!

LOL.  Yeah!  Preach it man!  And Arkansas back to the Southwest Conference! 

Oh wait...   

That would make us hypocrites to say we were right to join the SEC but Mizzou and A&M shouldn't.  Right?

Murr

Quote from: hog10591 on November 17, 2012, 08:39:52 pm
wrong.....Swofford ACC HEAD HONCHO IS A UNC GRAD.. He will keep the tobacco road boys together nc state , unc & duke

If UNC, Duke and UVA decide to stay together reguardless of other offers, they'll always have a conference to call home. They could keep 8 or 9 schools together depending on NC State.

The remaining 8: Boston College, Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, UVA, Syracuse, Pitt and UConn
The remaining 9: add NC State.
The partial: Notre Dame

The goners:
FSU, Clemson, GT, Miami, VT and maybe NC STate

The ACC could stay at 8 or could add members for scheduling purposes.  Bascially, they would become the new Ivy with better sports.

Murr

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 17, 2012, 07:01:02 pm
Heard the B1G might foot the bill for Maryland.

That check will be coming from the UnderArmor guy.  Shouldn't be more than $20M if they plan on leaving in 2014.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Murr on November 17, 2012, 09:32:09 pm
That check will be coming from the UnderArmor guy.  Shouldn't be more than $20M if they plan on leaving in 2014.

How do they get out so cheap? What about FSU? Clemson? Anybody else gonna leave the ACC?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

blitz8ru

"It is never too late to become what you might have been."
-George Eliot